Community > Posts By > msharmony

msharmony's photo
Tue 07/14/20 07:15 AM

Trump has gotten us out of that horrid NAFTA deal and now we have the USMCA deal. :thumbsup_tone4::thumbsup_tone4: Make America great again. The first step act, revitalization program, historical black colleges fully funded and that is just the beginning.

America was never great. Let's make it great for a first time.

I think, it was great some years ago, at a time, when the Native Americans lived in harmony with nature. But their values seem long forgotten :cry:

laugh laugh laugh touche

msharmony's photo
Sun 07/12/20 06:04 AM
Edited by msharmony on Sun 07/12/20 06:06 AM
I think the term 'abuse' has been so broadened as to being difficult to prove or pinpoint. If a person does not feel abused, can they still be abused? How can the claim be made that their partner intended to abuse them if the person themselves did not feel abused? If the victim is not sure they are a victim, how can the victimizer be expected to be certain or even know they are victimizing?

Beyond bruises and scarring, there is little definitive distinction of what will qualify as 'abuse'. That is one thing.

Another thing is that often people allow themselves to become isolated from others to the point where there is no world or support outside of the spouse, making the thought of leaving overwhelming, especially when kids are involved.

Another thing, the double edged sword imho, is that we (rightly) strive culturally to keep our families in tact and together. We strive to work things through and to believe that working things through is a possibility.

And then, there is tremendous pressure and stereotyping. The idea that we as females cannot instigate or abuse ourselves, that we can not push buttons, that a push or even an instinctive slap BACK, constitutes abuse when the person is a male, but is much more lightly viewed, if at all, if the person is a female. There is also the approach of society to divide couples and families into 'victim' and 'victimizer', instead of looking at them as a couple in need of help together. I was young when I got married. We were both young.

He had not yet developed into a man who had mature coping skills. We had a terrible domestic incident one night, under the influence of alcohol, which put me in hospital. Current philosophy would have had people all in my ear swearing he would never stop and would someday kill me. The reality was he went to counseling for a year. We had one of the best years ever in our relationship. And he never laid hands on me again.

We need to leave people room and opportunities to grow and change. That is what life is about. We also need to be able to teach that it is okay to love from a distance, closing that gap more and more as things improve, if they improve.

I am not talking, of course, about spouses that are regularly at hospital, terrified to speak or disagree with or upset their spouse for fear of physical retaliation. I do not consider that merely 'domestic abuse', but domestic terrorism, which is much less likely to evolve into anything good.

msharmony's photo
Sun 07/12/20 04:02 AM

covid has taken over our county as one of the worse places to be ... with Brazil in second ... I feel so negative with what I am hearing ... and believe that they should be getting ready to take action with the schools for the young and the older ... really need a miracle for them all to go back . in the fall ... so what do you believe ... should they have a back up plan for these kids with know internet ... they can't all go to the library... I see some talking about the vaccine... well again they are talking safely for one nxt yr ...
the unemployed they can't just leave them hanging ... they need to get in gear with thinking about all of this before lets say nxt yr ... and healthcare people can not pay these bills from this virus ... and they know thats ... another reason they are trying to get those in their with regular issues ... to pay the bills ... but is unsafe ... anyone think about the future for our lives ... they want the economy back well you have to get to the real issues before that can get stabilized ... we do not need another war to do that for us either ... people have had enough ... of these never ending wars as people suffer here ...

I think it comes down to containment and then vaccine, and life will go on. How long that can mix with the entitlement/instant gratification 'capitalist' culture, who knows?

msharmony's photo
Sun 07/12/20 03:48 AM

As the title of this topic states "police brutality..." it appears to be even more of an issue than ever before. The brutality against officers have led 150 Minneapolis police officer to consider to apply for disability. This is close to 20% of the force, they are claiming what they have gone thru has led to PTSD, and they don't feel safe at work and are suffering physical and mental affects from the stress of work. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder has become a common excuse for service members returning from war zones and being unable to function normally in their day to day life. These officers are claiming to have suffered similar affects often leading to drug and alcohol use, domestic problems, and difficulty functioning in society. If they qualify they would be able to collect up to 60% of their regular wage for up to 20 years. This would also set a new president for all first responders and who knows what other fields may also jump on this bandwagon. On another note shootings in Minneapolis are at an all time high as we've also seen more of these events in many major cities in the US. And when these people start shooting they don't always hit their target, some kids have been hit, and although the death rate in these incidents are not nearly as high as those injured it clearly has long term affects on the people involved, and a sense of insecurity for those in the city.

It is a vicious cycle. It ends when people value human life period, whether it has a badge or money or baggy pants. THe PTSD these officers face is tragic. Yet perhaps they should consider that what they feel may be partially what brute tactics has caused the civilians they police to feel as well. They have endured it for a few months, while the citizens in the community have done so for their lifetimes. People do not seem to quite get it until it happens to THEM. It should not take that for humans to value humans, but here we are.

msharmony's photo
Sun 07/12/20 03:40 AM

Trump has gotten us out of that horrid NAFTA deal and now we have the USMCA deal. :thumbsup_tone4::thumbsup_tone4: Make America great again. The first step act, revitalization program, historical black colleges fully funded and that is just the beginning.

America was never great. Let's make it great for a first time.

lol. Love you pump....

Again, implies that it is something that happened before. I always ask what 'great' things are we looking to have 'again'.

msharmony's photo
Sat 07/11/20 05:17 AM
sheep syndrome and selfishness and greed are problems. There are many problems. Not any one is really THEE problem. Lazy thinking and herd mentality are problems. Communism is a word used to invoke fear, just like capitalism is used to invoke a sense of superiority. People are people. There is no system, communist or capitalist or whatever, that is not ruined by GREED. If we can figure out ways to temper greed and encourage compassion and selflessness, at least with things that are vital and necessary, we may do better as a species in general.

msharmony's photo
Mon 07/06/20 07:32 PM

Want change? Stop voting Democrat! In order to perfect real change you have to vote. Local level as well. There is a president in the White House that wants to help. Use him. Police REFORM was rejected by the democrats. Marching and rioting gets zero done. Destroying the community gets zero. This movement needs to make an drastic change and those who can operate in an intellectual manner and not an emotional one need to stand up to Democrats who are jerking chains and get to the White House to get some real laws and orders put in place for real change. Instead of all this emotional nonsense that is getting zero done. In the meantime there is more shootings than ever because people want to defund the police like fools. Shootings are up and it's not the police shooting anyone.

These kinds of conversations are reundant unproductive, and with unrealistic solutions. Instead of black Panthers making a spectacle of themselves they should be policing the neighborhoods..Enough of this division nonsense. inflammatory topics and zero realistic solutions.

Change is not tied to political party. Political party platforms themselves have evolved and do evolve over the years.

Marching is a significant impetus to other steps leading to change.

I have not seen stats proving 'more shootigs than ever'. THat may be a matter of emotional instead of logical reality.

It is difficult to 'police' your neighborhood from the police.

msharmony's photo
Mon 07/06/20 07:28 PM
Edited by msharmony on Mon 07/06/20 07:34 PM

And by saying do something about it I do not mean riot, loot, and burn a city! Blacks are allowed to vote, blacks are allowed to own property, blacks can have high paying jobs, blacks can start their own businesses, blacks can control how many children they have and at what point in life they chose to have them, blacks are allowed to move from where they are currently at, blacks are allowed to chose roll models that do good for their community instead of bad. Their are many things that blacks are able to do if they take advantage of their rights, and take responsibility for their actions.

They mostly want to live like anyone else, which is clearly not the case as they keep getting murdered.
They are trying to get there rights now and fyi information there are plenty of planted instigators among the peaceful protesters.

If you read that then yes black people need to quit murdering black people So at least that we can agree on, but after this past weekend in New York, Chicago, and many other communities around the country shootings and murder in the black communities seems to be on the rise not the decline. The ones that do want to live like everybody else are being brought down by the thugs and unmotivated blacks that do not want to live like everyone else, that is a problem. Have no clue what these "rights" are that you are talking about? The already have more rights then the rest of the population. You ever hear of affirmative action? Tell me that isn't racist! They have their own college funds, awards shows, all kinds of black only things going on, can you honestly believe that is not racist? And finally the "instigators"? Why is it I don't see white people looting stores but whether its riots or natural disasters the black people have no problem looting, they also don't seem to mind beating some innocent white people while they are at it. Go back to the Rodney King riots after the cops got off, they beat anyone who wasn't black.

Affirmative action is not about 'more rights' it is about 'equal rights'.

Yes, Crime should stop happening within or between races. White on white crime is as real as black on black crime. It is all CRIME though. Crime gets prosecuted sometimes and sometimes it does not.

Yes. Those in authority should be held to the high standard to not abuse that authority in ways that end lives.

BOTH THINGS ARE TRUE. Different groups also exist on both these issues. IT is not an either/or.

I really don't know why you don't see white people looting. Perhaps it is tunnel vision. Looting is not race specific or exclusive.

Crime, by definition, involves criminals. Determining who to treat as criminals, or not, should not be determined by their race or their position or job title.

msharmony's photo
Sun 07/05/20 05:19 PM
Being a decent person. Living the golden rule.

msharmony's photo
Sun 07/05/20 12:31 PM

I absolutely understand and agree that the "all lives matter" retort sounds dismissive, and I am sure that in many ways and cases, that it is. I was only pointing out the dynamic I witnessed unfolding, and my personal frustration with it.

I do want the government's job to see to it that EVERYONE is protected as needed, and has their personal freedoms defended as much as possible, and have the lives of their descendants seen to as well (re Global Climate Change).

I also agree that I see a lot of other biases mixing in with each other. Sometimes it's hard to be sure how much a given person is being abused and ignored because they aren't a white male, and how much they are being abused and ignored because they are poor, or lower class Southern, or female, or foreign, or just "funny looking."

I am often reminded these days, of the to do over Natalie Holloway, back in 1986. What happened to her (which we can still only deduce) was certainly horrible, but it also appeared that the reason HER disappearance made national and even international news, was because she was the pretty blonde daughter of well to do white Americans. I was glad that her apparent murder would be solved, but I was on the side of all the other parents and friends of murdered people who WEREN'T rich and cute, who wanted the same justice.

This is all very important real life, of real people, but too often it is dealt with habitually, especially in corporate mass media, and in politics, as though it is some grand game, where those with the most clever sound bites, or the most prestigious supporting quotes from ancient deified leaders of the past, get to "win," and the actual problems never get addressed.

I agree. I wish issues could be addressed on their own without having it be a competition of 'it could be worse' or 'other people have problems too." There should be enough room for all grievances on their OWN merits.

msharmony's photo
Sun 07/05/20 11:22 AM
Edited by msharmony on Sun 07/05/20 11:24 AM

I think we are suffering what might be called a tragedy of nomenclature.

The original reason for the "Black Lives Matter" phrase, was to emphasize that all the most influential social entities (the mass media, government institutions) were behaving consistently and habitually, as though it was entirely to be expected, that non-white people would be killed or violently abused by government officials on a daily basis.

The perception was (and is) that the same is not assumed about "whites."

Thus the phrase selected would much more accurately have been

"Black Lives Matter Just As Much As Everyone Else's."

Perhaps that didn't seem "kicky" enough, or perhaps Mass Media don't perk up their "ears" for "sound bites" that are more than five words long.

The tragedy of choosing the shorter and "kickier" "Black Lives Matter," is that it immediately triggered the reaction that makes up at least half of the opposition to this cause. That is, that many people who entirely agree that everyone's life should matter, felt stung by being rebuked, and about seeming to be told that ONLY "Black Lives Matter."

Essentially, it's an accident of grammar.

And that accident, allowed the remaining minority of people who wanted to continue to have the government support racial superiority and inferiority, to gain allies amongst many who actually entirely OPPOSE inequality under the law.

And then, just as happened back in the sixties, the back and forth hostilities and raised voices, led to escalations of misunderstandings, and to some people beginning to speak out even MORE sloppily, and make even MORE irritating, and not-entirely-accurate accusations, alienating even MORE people who would otherwise be allies to the original cause.

And so we have an ultimate irony, that the phrase "All Lives Matter" is now is seen to mean that non-whites should continue to be treated as less important than whites, as though it doesn't mean what its words actually say.

Understood. I don't see it that way. I don't see it as a white black thing even. I see it as an incredibly insensitive reply to a concern that is in front of you. Like I said, very similar to telling the one kid at the table without any food on their plate that 'everyone wants food' when they say "i would like some food".
I don't know who would assume the kid meant that everyone didn't want food.

At least they changed "Global Warming" to "Global Climate Change". Need to consult a public perception analyst.

I think Ms Harmony wants acknowledgement that black lives matter,

and Igor wants the blacks to be successful in getting the government to keep them them safe.

Is this correct?

Igor is one of the people I have great respect for on here.

I have come to already have my conclusions about his heart and intelligence. I am just explaining the reason that such a phrase feels so indifferent and dismissive as a response to black lives matter.

I think Global Warming was changed because at its most basic meaning 'warming' misidentifies the scope of the issue and the change that has many more effects than 'warming'.

msharmony's photo
Sun 07/05/20 11:20 AM

And by saying do something about it I do not mean riot, loot, and burn a city! Blacks are allowed to vote, blacks are allowed to own property, blacks can have high paying jobs, blacks can start their own businesses, blacks can control how many children they have and at what point in life they chose to have them, blacks are allowed to move from where they are currently at, blacks are allowed to chose roll models that do good for their community instead of bad. Their are many things that blacks are able to do if they take advantage of their rights, and take responsibility for their actions.

All these things are true for ANY individual. However, being allowed to do some things does not forego the need to address other things that are unjust. Police brutality, for instance, is not because police find out how many children someone has, or if they own a business, et cetera. Calls to police and threats about police are not because someone has moved or not, or announced who their role models are if they have them. Even in the instance that they did, this is still not justification for the treatment. That can not be the excuse when people of other races that make the same types of choices are not looked upon and treated similarly.

msharmony's photo
Sun 07/05/20 11:16 AM

Only one thing is certain and that is that the lives of the poor have never mattered at any time to any form of Government. If any group wants to compete for bottom position on the dung heap, they are welcome to it but they will be facing some pretty stiff competition.

It is not a competition. Black people are just finally speaking out about where they are placed.

Black people have been speaking out about where they are placed for the last 150 years and a lot has changed in that time, its time for them to stop speaking about it and take responsibility for their own choices and do something about it for themselves.

You say black people have been speaking out. You say a lot has changed. So maybe the two things have to do with each other. There is never a time people need to 'stop speaking about it'.

msharmony's photo
Sun 07/05/20 07:00 AM

Only one thing is certain and that is that the lives of the poor have never mattered at any time to any form of Government. If any group wants to compete for bottom position on the dung heap, they are welcome to it but they will be facing some pretty stiff competition.

It is not a competition. Black people are just finally speaking out about where they are placed.

msharmony's photo
Sat 07/04/20 10:13 PM
The same reason any person does, to avoid the consequences of the truth.

msharmony's photo
Sat 07/04/20 10:09 PM
there are all types of love. Hypothetically, a person without anger control can love a person and still hit them or lash out at them. The issue is what the other person chooses to do to proceed. A person can also love from a distance, and should if they are putting themselves at risk of violence or std's, et cetera.

msharmony's photo
Sat 07/04/20 01:29 PM

Some people look at the negative in everything

That is true. If a child were starving and said they wanted something to eat, I would see the negative in the prick who responded, "Everybody wants something to eat."

If someone came to a homeless shelter and said they needed a place to stay, I would see the negative in the prick who responded, "Everybody needs someplace to stay." I would see it as dismissive and uncaring, just like those people who respond to Black Lives Matter, with All Lives Matter.

Some people look at negative things negatively.

msharmony's photo
Sat 07/04/20 08:28 AM
Edited by msharmony on Sat 07/04/20 08:44 AM

I think we are suffering what might be called a tragedy of nomenclature.

The original reason for the "Black Lives Matter" phrase, was to emphasize that all the most influential social entities (the mass media, government institutions) were behaving consistently and habitually, as though it was entirely to be expected, that non-white people would be killed or violently abused by government officials on a daily basis.

The perception was (and is) that the same is not assumed about "whites."

Thus the phrase selected would much more accurately have been

"Black Lives Matter Just As Much As Everyone Else's."

Perhaps that didn't seem "kicky" enough, or perhaps Mass Media don't perk up their "ears" for "sound bites" that are more than five words long.

The tragedy of choosing the shorter and "kickier" "Black Lives Matter," is that it immediately triggered the reaction that makes up at least half of the opposition to this cause. That is, that many people who entirely agree that everyone's life should matter, felt stung by being rebuked, and about seeming to be told that ONLY "Black Lives Matter."

Essentially, it's an accident of grammar.

And that accident, allowed the remaining minority of people who wanted to continue to have the government support racial superiority and inferiority, to gain allies amongst many who actually entirely OPPOSE inequality under the law.

And then, just as happened back in the sixties, the back and forth hostilities and raised voices, led to escalations of misunderstandings, and to some people beginning to speak out even MORE sloppily, and make even MORE irritating, and not-entirely-accurate accusations, alienating even MORE people who would otherwise be allies to the original cause.

And so we have an ultimate irony, that the phrase "All Lives Matter" is now is seen to mean that non-whites should continue to be treated as less important than whites, as though it doesn't mean what its words actually say.

Understood. I don't see it that way. I don't see it as a white black thing even. I see it as an incredibly insensitive reply to a concern that is in front of you. Like I said, very similar to telling the one kid at the table without any food on their plate that 'everyone wants food' when they say "i would like some food".
I don't know who would assume the kid meant that everyone didn't want food.

msharmony's photo
Sat 07/04/20 07:00 AM
Edited by msharmony on Sat 07/04/20 07:03 AM

Are women really really serious about relationships?

Being a wife requires not Only love and honor, but most especially Obedience. The Good Wife is.

A Good Husbandman must husband his wife.

a good wife submits to God and so does a good husband. If they are both putting God first, it is not about being obedient to anything else but God. Obedience does not mean unconditional blind following of a flawed human, husband or not, but following IN LINE with submission to God. A husband that is submitting to God will only expect a wife that does the same. It will be about God, and not his own ego.

You got that so right! We should all adhere to a book that was put together some 1500-1600 years ago. Living according to what's in there has proven to be very fruitful. We have 1500-1600 years of history to prove just how well it works!
PS you do realise the book was put together by a bunch of men who decided what suited their agenda and what not, and they left out what they didn't like?

WE adhere to science that is about that old. Why not? If it makes sense and proves true, what should the age matter? Truth is truth. WE have more than hundreds of years of human behavior, no book changes that, no book ever will. That does not negate the significance of guidance or standards though. I realize the book makes sense to me. IT does not have to to others.

Sex does not automatically make something wrong or untrue any more than race or nationality does. It seems if men just wanted to leave out what they didn't like, they would not have included Leviticus which has rules such as death for both MEN and women committing adultery.

I don't adhere much to what science comes up with either. But science is a bit more flexible and keeps moving and learning. Religion doesn't. And what was required -according to those men who thought that up 1500-1600 yrs ago for everyone -is not required today anymore. People and societies change too.

I also find it strange that when you think of it, it were very very devout Christians who came to the Americas and then kidnapped thousands of Africans to be their slaves. Maiming, abusing, using, raping, selling, branding them, seeing them as property.
If that had happened to my ancestors, the religion of the people who did that would be the last thing I'd embrace as my truth. But I guess they didn't have a choice either.

I know you believe in that religion very strongly. To me that's unbelievable, considering what it does and has done. People have been tortured, burned, drowned, hanged, quartered, gutted, and so on in the name of religion. And that still happens today.
Don't get me wrong, I too believe, I'm very spiritual, but I do not believe, and never ever will, in something so obsolete and restricting as religion.
I believe in love.
flowerforyou

I don't believe religion does or doesn't do. I believe religion is beliefs. And I believe humans choose the actions to take that follows their beliefs.

I also think people hide behind what they want others to think they believe, and people's actions often do not end up bearing fruit, like the husband who brings the wife flowers and candy, but is actually screwing every body and kicking her behind. I don't blame flowers and candy, or the tradition of buying them for a loved one. I realize the responsibility for the act lies with the actor, not flowers and candy, or its tradition.

I believe in love too. I also believe in actions, consequences, and real life.

msharmony's photo
Sat 07/04/20 06:54 AM
I'm thinking just getting a vaccine, paying decent wages, and doing more interracial mating should do it...lol.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25