Community > Posts By > AmandaRJ

AmandaRJ's photo
Wed 11/03/10 04:29 AM
I value honesty, but sometimes we just have to keep our mouths shut.
The reality is no matter how you sugar coat it people are going to take what you said to heart and take offense. No one likes to have their flaws or mistakes pointed out. When my friends ask for my opinion about something I always reply: "do you want the truth or do you want to be happy?".
Fact is: people only learn with their mistakes after hitting their heads at a wall a couple of times.
If you know your advice is going to fall on infertile ground just keep it to yourself, saying anything will be a waste of energy and saliva.

AmandaRJ's photo
Sat 10/30/10 01:18 PM

Tonight....I'm going to love my right hand. And maybe if my left hand a little. Its ok...they are cool with sharing.

tongue2 rofl slaphead

Boys! lol

I was just being honest....lol.

Seriously honey, go out tonight! It's saturday night and you are a handsome fellow, find yourself a kittycat babe, no need to just hang with your hands.
:)
Good luck!
flowerforyou

AmandaRJ's photo
Sat 10/30/10 01:06 PM

Tonight....I'm going to love my right hand. And maybe if my left hand a little. Its ok...they are cool with sharing.

tongue2 rofl slaphead

Boys! lol

AmandaRJ's photo
Sat 10/30/10 01:04 PM
It's wonderful to hear what bring you guys joy! Simple and amazing things can brighten up a day. Thank you all for sharing!flowerforyou

AmandaRJ's photo
Sat 10/30/10 04:29 AM
Edited by AmandaRJ on Sat 10/30/10 04:30 AM
I Love... the sound of baby laughter, specially my god son's, singing in the shower, jumping in puddles, autumn leaves, powder days, the smell of rain, freshly mown grass, watching old films on rainy days, friends, all kinds of music, cookies straight from the oven, lie-ins on a Sunday,daisies, sunsets and sunrises, pastoral scenery, finding things, walking across sand in bare feet, cloud watching, standing on the top of tall buildings, doodling on everything, the perfect pen, quoting pop-culture, dancing on pavements, singing on the street, making daisy-chains, popping bubble-wrap, laughing until you cry, visiting new places, birthdays, diving into a swimming pool on a hot day, memories, shiny coins, read new books, a really good book, photo albums, exploring, ice-cream straight from the tub, making faces in the mirror, private jokes, dreaming of the future, holidays, birdsong at dawn, sunsets, being overly dramatic,individuality,the first sip of glass full of ice tea on hot summer day,steam trains,traveling, the view from Icaraí beach, smiling at strangers, multicolored sharpies and coloring outside the lines, sexy shoes, good music that no one else knows, doing things you'd never tell anyone about, walking out my front door with no idea where I’m going to end up...

What do you love?

AmandaRJ's photo
Fri 10/29/10 01:31 PM

No Common Sense!! Like seriously!

Yea, like come on...don't ask me a stupid question like what am I doing when your standing there watching me do it. lol

What are you eating? (you can see is a frigging pie)
What are you doing? (you can see I'm coding a website and you are cutting my line of thought)
Are you busy? (No, I always have my nose on a 1000 pages technical book when I have nothing to do)
Asking personal questions in front of strangers
Disclosing things I shared in confidence to other people
Gossip in general
oh the list goes on and on...

AmandaRJ's photo
Fri 10/29/10 01:25 PM
We usually find fault in others because we are too afraid of what we may find if we look inside ourselves. I noticed what bothers me the most about other people is something that I usually don't like about myself either.I try not to judge others, its unavoidable sometimes, but we are flawed ourselves. Who am I to judge someone when I'm a total wreck myself?
The problem with most people is lack of common sense, and no amount of criticism or judgment will change someone that does not want to change, so whats the point in wasting time and saliva.

AmandaRJ's photo
Fri 10/29/10 01:10 PM
You can either change the size of the picture (megapixels) on the camera setup menu so when you take your photos they are not so big or use a software to re-size the picture after you uploaded it to the computer.
I use this one: Fotosizer http://www.fotosizer.com/Download.aspx its pretty easy to use and you don't lose much quality when resizing the pictures.

You can try having a look at the manual as well http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/service/manuals/urg01095/M530_xUG_GLB_en.pdf

Good Luck!

AmandaRJ's photo
Fri 10/29/10 12:52 PM
I'm pretty much the same, a bit more shy in person I would say. I still blush like a school girl sometimes, so embarrassing!
My online self is more bold, free and cheeky than my offline one.

AmandaRJ's photo
Fri 10/29/10 06:01 AM
It may be a cliche but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There is a saying in Brazil "Há sempre um chinelo velho para um pé cansado!", goes something like "There is always an old shoe for a tired foot."
Off course looks might be the first attraction, but once you get to know someone it might mean nothing if there is no substance to back it up. And some of the most beautiful people I know were not pretty at first but as I got to know them, I was mesmerized by their beauty.
One thing I always believed is, when you are so old that all you can do is talk you better have chosen a good mate because looks will fade and you might spend the rest of your life with a dry plum with nothing in their head to keep you company.
Beauty is relative, what you consider beautiful differs from others.
Love to all!
xxx

AmandaRJ's photo
Fri 10/29/10 05:46 AM

...mcdonalds the land of processed food?...i mean really how does anyone eat that crap..the food is seriously disgusting and fattening..think not..look down ..see your feet..keep eating that crap and you wont...:laughing:

rofl

I should know, I used to weight 300 pounds thanks to my visits to places like Mcdonalds, now just the smell of it makes me sick.
Now I see my feet and they are lovely lol

AmandaRJ's photo
Fri 10/29/10 05:38 AM
Welcome! And good luck on your search!
:)
flowerforyou

AmandaRJ's photo
Fri 10/29/10 05:36 AM
First find a nice man, a not a dirt bag.
Be yourself, relationships are hard, sometimes takes a while to meet the right person.
Good luck, you seem like a lovely girl.
xxoo

AmandaRJ's photo
Fri 10/29/10 05:33 AM

Go for it Bro! This strategy could work. You might hold off on telling your mom that you are gonna be a cyber hooker...but, if you do tell her....wait till a great moment that will stick forever...like thanksgiving dinner or opening presents on christmas.

rofl

Good luck Keisel, I'm sure someone will give you a high bid!
You should try saying hello to some of the ladies around.
xxoo

AmandaRJ's photo
Tue 10/26/10 07:04 PM

Me too, same as Amanda, but didn'trealize how much until reading her words.

I didn't realize how much I missed it either. As I wrote I felt how much I long to have a partner again.

AmandaRJ's photo
Tue 10/26/10 06:44 PM

He is a friend of your brother, so you can't avoid him, but make it clear you appreciate his views but you don't share them and that you would be grateful if he stopped trying to convert you. I have a close friend that pesters me about religion, I asked her to respect my choices and she keeps trying to make me change my mind so I stopped hanging with her as much. If she can't respect my view, why should I care about hers?
xxx

you go girlfriend, or is it: how you doing? in any case i like your style. i give you three snaps in a "z" formation.

Thanks Bulldog! I like your style too.flowerforyou waving

AmandaRJ's photo
Tue 10/26/10 12:14 AM
Edited by AmandaRJ on Tue 10/26/10 12:17 AM
Some people just don't know when to shut the F up!
How can you judge someone else's pain?
I haven't share the worse that happened to me here because I worked through it already, and forgave the man that violated me.
What was done to me, was awful and a betrayal beyond conception because it came from someone of my immediate family, but the love I had for the one that did that to me allowed me to grow pass it. The worse punishment for him is that he has to live with what he has done, and he will have to give account of his actions to karma, faith, his creator or just his conscience someday. I became a better person for it, and I refuse to live my life in darkness and hatred, I won't poison my heart because of it.
It's not wallowing in self pity,looking for attention or comfort from others. People here are sharing experiences, how it helped them grow and shape themselves into a better person. You cannot analyze the emotions of another person and the weight they had in their lives, everyone feels things differently. You were hurt, and in time you heal and move on, talking about it helps you to see how those events affected you in the past and where you found the strength to go though them and finally conquer them, freeing yourself, so in the future if you are ever in a position of weakness or abuse you can tap into those emotions and find the strength to help yourself. You can learn from others experiences as well. You see how some people grew and empowered themselves after going through much worse than you and the pain you feel becomes smaller and you realize you can be much more strong than you think. Human beings thrive and grow from their pain, belittling it with the use of fancy psico bauble is just the argument of those that think themselves high and mighty strong when in fact they are too weak or scared of looking inside themselves and work through their own pain. Ignoring your hurt and pretend it never happened will accomplish nothing, you will always be your weak and small self. Bring the pain baby, because I'm a strong woman that will never give up and knows exactly what she wants and where she is going. No A-hole will ever gain power or control over me again.

Love to all here and congrats on your courage to share.
Compassion, honey is what will change the world. Lend a hand, your heart and your ears to another and you might learn something as much as you'll help.
Many kisses

AmandaRJ's photo
Mon 10/25/10 05:01 PM
Edited by AmandaRJ on Mon 10/25/10 05:12 PM
I don't know if I can post this here but if anyone would like to help spread the word I would appreciate and I'm sorry If its not the appropriate channel to do so.

I've recently got to know a wonderful project that helps kids stay away from drugs and violence and engage in arts and studies. A couple of friends and I are trying to raise funds to donate school and arts supplies to Tio Lino's Project “Trade your weapon for a paint Brush."
The info about it and how to donate is here: http://qualidadedevida-jim.blogspot.com/2010/10/supporting-children-in-rocinha-donation.html

Anything you could spare is appreciated and if you can tell your friends, post on your blog, we would be very grateful. Donations will be converted into school and arts supplies because Tio Lino, who runs the project does not accept money donations himself.
Thank you very much!flowerforyou
Kisses
Amanda

AmandaRJ's photo
Fri 10/22/10 01:26 PM
When I find some offline people as cool and smart as the ones I meet online.
happy

AmandaRJ's photo
Fri 10/22/10 01:22 PM
My ex boyfriend turned out to be married with 2 kids and a friend of 11 years let her boyfriend yell at me for something she done and stood there not saying a word while I was verbally abused by the twat.

Previous 1 3 4