Community > Posts By > solodove

no photo
Wed 03/04/15 12:35 PM

I do believe this is a bit over done, oversized, I will have to work on that. I love being creative, sharing, and perhaps inspiring others to do like wise. I enjoy reading the post in this Poem & Creative Writing Community.

I personally appreciate administration and the moderators for staying on top of the trolling and sarcasm. Makes the time I spend here more pleasant. Thank You!

You have precisely expressed what online dating sites are like. Seems the members never change, they stay the same and/or get worse.

no photo
Fri 02/27/15 06:59 PM

http://thehackernews.com/2014/11/china-made-e-cigarette-chargers-could_26.html

Who uses usb charger for their e-cigarette? Are you aware of this threat if you do?

Is there anyone who uses their computer usb port to recharge e-cigarette battery? If you have, have you noticed spyware or viruses being detected by your security system?

no photo
Fri 02/27/15 05:32 PM

yup, I thought they all did. Proprietary software built into most hardware now a days.

So this is true? Could be how I got PUPs into my computer, do you agree?

no photo
Fri 02/27/15 05:21 PM
Edited by solodove on Fri 02/27/15 05:23 PM
http://thehackernews.com/2014/11/china-made-e-cigarette-chargers-could_26.html

Who uses usb charger for their e-cigarette? Are you aware of this threat if you do?

no photo
Thu 02/26/15 11:27 PM

Yes, protection is always on by default. You should be good to go ;)

Like I said, you should install the full version of this, before the 30 days is up.

Kaspersky seems like a really good security system. I'm planning on installing the full version. Thanks again! :)

no photo
Thu 02/26/15 11:20 PM

What do you mean by Time Selection?

I meant does it protect while your computer is online. I just saw that setting is by default and is always on. This security system is a little different from others I've had.

Thank you for helping me with this problem. I've scanned everything and it doesn't show anymore problems. Hopefully, everything will be okay.

no photo
Thu 02/26/15 10:34 PM

I've used it since 2000. Not 1 virus.

What made me switch from Norton to Kaspersky? Viruses! **LOL**

I just finished downloading Kaspersky. Do they have a real time selection, if so, I can't find it.

no photo
Thu 02/26/15 09:36 PM

What anti virus protection do you have on your PC? Windows Defender is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to protection.

Run CCleaner now in my above link and get back with me.

I always recommend Kaspersky Internet Security. Free 30 day trial here. It's the one with the purple color on the box.

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/free-home-trials/internet-security

You can get this at WalMart for around $30.-$40. It's a yearly subscription.

I ran the CCleaner and it fixed a lot, but Windows Defender still won't update. I had the 4 PUP files in quarantine while it ran, do you think it still deleted them? Windows Defender is the only anti-virus program that I've been running for around a year. The owner of computer repair shop said it was just as good as the rest, and he used it for all of his computers in his shop. Thank you for helping me. Are you sure there's nothing left from the PUP virus? I will download your recommended security system now.

no photo
Thu 02/26/15 09:14 PM

PUP stands for Potentially Unwanted Programs. Most if not all are just harmless bs...... No worries.

You can run Malwarebytes, then run CCleaner.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

The kind of PUP it is sounds serious:

PUP.Optional.MindSpark is an extremely malicious computer threat that comes under the category of potentially unwanted program (PUP). It is a very violent infection that is usually spread via spam email attachment, free download of pirated software and other shareware, p2p file sharing, malicious websites and others. PUP.Optional.MindSpark virus will try hard to carry out as many evil activities as possible. For example, it first injects boot-up files to the Windows registry after its successful infiltration. Besides, this pest can even change the computer security settings and disable the installed antivirus software. PUP.Optional.MindSpark is developed by highly skilled Cyber criminals often referred as black hat hackers to steal your personal information or keep tracking you by infecting your computer with this infection to fulfil their illicit needs. Your personal information may contain some documents related to your office like bidding, your bank account details like credit/debit card detail, your assets and everything you do on computer are regularly examined by someone sitting remotely. Many system programs does not work accordingly and Internet speed also becomes slow and the browser becomes unresponsive many times. It is strongly recommended to uninstall PUP.Optional.MindSpark completely from your computer before this nasty stuff damage your system and precious data further.

“PUP.Optional.MindSpark should be removed as early as possible. Click the “Download Now” button to download PUP.Optional.MindSpark removal tool.”

I got the above info from internet and it sounds like what happened to me. I will try the link you provided to clean it. Will it clean it even though it's in quarantine?

no photo
Thu 02/26/15 09:00 PM

Download, update and run Malwarebytes, it's a free program and works wonders. After you do this, let me know the results.

For Home--- Free version.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

I just created another Topic called Viruses before you replied here. I thought of running malwarebytes and the scan results said:

4 PUP.Optinal.Mindspark.A

I put them in quarantine. I then re-started my computer to see if the Windows Defender would update, nothing has changed, but this time the bar doesn't show.

no photo
Thu 02/26/15 08:41 PM
Has anyone gotten a PUP virus in their computer lately? I ran Malwarebytes and they found: 4 PUP.optional.mindspark.A. Has anyone ever gotten one, and if so, did putting it in quarantine remedy the situation.

no photo
Thu 02/26/15 06:29 PM
Edited by solodove on Thu 02/26/15 06:31 PM

.......Please ask me. I usually only do this for friends and family, but seriously, if you have a problem, drop me a msg. I'll do my best to figure it out.

A virus got into my computer and it disabled my Windows Defender. Made the update bar stick mid-way, and it couldn't automatically or manually update for 2 days. I tried an online fix from Microsoft, but it didn't work. Before I noticed this, I got a pop-up screen that I think now was a phishing from my internet provider asking for a survey, which I didn't take, but X'ed out of. Beneath it was a screen that said to call an 800 number because my computer had a virus. I didn't call, but closed my os, signed on later and discovered about the Windows Defender problem.

Do you know what kind of virus this is, and how it got in, and is my only hope to get rid of it, to take it to a computer repair shop?

no photo
Wed 02/04/15 02:02 PM

It doesn't seem to be a definite problem, but we are continuing to investigate it and will fix it, if necessary.

It may be that some members don't click on Log Out when they're ready to leave their account here. They click X and close their browser instead. This site apparently isn't programmed to Log Out the accounts automatically when the browser is closed, like a lot of websites are.

no photo
Mon 02/02/15 03:30 PM

The one that made me cry was Hachi:A dog's Tale. That movie was so cute but they made it so sad at the same time. It's ok to cry and that goes for men to LOL.

Knowing this movie is based on a true real-life story makes it even sadder. tears

no photo
Mon 02/02/15 02:00 PM
Welcome back Debbie! :smile:

no photo
Fri 01/30/15 09:18 PM
Someone a few days ago posted that all the links at the top of the page didn't work. When they clicked, the white hand didn't show. This would explain why some may not be able to logout if they attempted to. Also means they can't open mails to reply or use any of the other links.

I haven't had this problem using IE browser, so maybe it's a browser issue for other browsers that are not compatible with the site's new changes.

no photo
Fri 01/30/15 08:42 PM
Did you get an answer Spicy? I think most of these people have logged out and are still showing online. Some may not be able to click on Logout to do so though because the link doesn't work.

no photo
Fri 01/30/15 06:01 PM
Everyone that I have on my Favorite's List and Who's Viewed Me List are shown as online (blinking) constantly. Is this a bug or part of the stealth feature not working for free members? This has been happening for the last week! Thanks

no photo
Fri 01/30/15 01:14 PM
Can we get an answer to our questions?

no photo
Thu 01/29/15 04:47 PM
Does Mingle2 have a new requirement that a member has to have a facial photo showing on their account? Does this mean a member can't have a scenic or any other non-facial photo on their profile? Will a member with no photo be shown in Search and other features?

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13