Community > Posts By > solodove

no photo
Sat 01/10/15 10:13 PM
Edited by solodove on Sat 01/10/15 10:17 PM

Hey what are some of the signs and how to spot a scammer? And catfish what in the world is that and how do you know?

Catfish is when the person you're talking to is pretending to be someone else.

I would have gone with "Jellyfished".. or "fluked".. maybe "bonefished".

She fluked me.. sounds better

wonder who thought up "Catfished"?

There was a documentary film in 2010 called 'Catfish' about a young man who developed a romance with a woman on Facebook. She turned out to be 40yo married woman when they finally met. There is an explanation about why this film was called Catfish. Copy/paste below link if you're interested in reading it. This film led to a MTV show series called 'Catfish'.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/01/18/catfish_meaning_and_definition_term_for_online_hoaxes_has_a_surprisingly.html

btw, 'Catfish' is in the Urban Dictionary online.

thanks for the info. I never heard of that phrase before today

I thought the reference of 'Catfished' was referring to the whiskers that the fish has making it look like a cat, but is really a fish, and catfish are 'bottom feeders'! The explanation given from the film is a different one though.

no photo
Sat 01/10/15 08:48 PM

Hey what are some of the signs and how to spot a scammer? And catfish what in the world is that and how do you know?

Catfish is when the person you're talking to is pretending to be someone else.

I would have gone with "Jellyfished".. or "fluked".. maybe "bonefished".

She fluked me.. sounds better

wonder who thought up "Catfished"?

There was a documentary film in 2010 called 'Catfish' about a young man who developed a romance with a woman on Facebook. She turned out to be 40yo married woman when they finally met. There is an explanation about why this film was called Catfish. Copy/paste below link if you're interested in reading it. This film led to a MTV show series called 'Catfish'.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/01/18/catfish_meaning_and_definition_term_for_online_hoaxes_has_a_surprisingly.html

btw, 'Catfish' is in the Urban Dictionary online.

no photo
Thu 01/08/15 01:35 PM

Some places banned e-cigs with no smoking whatsoever signs. So I left rehab.

Is rehab only place that has banned e-cigs in your State? What are some of the other places that have banned them? Maybe it's because of the people who do the vaporizers. They put off a much thicker white vapor, and I think it takes longer to dissipate. If this is the reason, it makes it so hard for the e-cig people.

no photo
Mon 01/05/15 02:01 PM

I'm not a cigarette smoker,but i started smoking 1988 and stopped in 95,I tried one of the disposable ones,lol I started getting very addicted to it,and when it was finished,and had already thrown it away,I found myself still reaching for it,:laughing: ,that was about 6 months ago,and even though it's just vapor,I really don't care to have it or try any again!!noway

e-cigs come in High, Medium, Low and No nicotine levels. When you felt yourself becoming addicted to using it, you should have switched to a lower nicotine level, then tapered to zero nicotine. You could have withdrawn from nicotine this way while not putting in carbon monoxide, tar, and the other toxins that happen from smoking cigarettes.

no photo
Fri 01/02/15 10:17 PM

feels like i'm planning to get one ..biggrin

I just googled it. Hey I am all for it if no smoke is being blown in my face. Just saw this from Health Canada and it made me chuckle.

On March 27, 2009, Health Canada issued an advisory against electronic cigarettes. The advisory stated "Although these electronic smoking products may be marketed as a safer alternative to conventional tobacco products and, in some cases, as an aid to quitting smoking, electronic smoking products may pose risks such as nicotine poisoning and addiction.

People who have never smoked cigarettes may stand the chance of becoming addicted to nicotine through smoking e-cigs, but if a smoker is using them to stop smoking cigarettes, they are already addicted. Since e-cigs come in high, medium and low nicotine levels, is easier to taper while withdrawing from nicotine. e-cigs have no carbon monoxide, tar, and toxins that are found from smoking cigarettes.

If a smoker gets the urge to smoke a cigarette, they can inhale from an e-cig instead, and this will prevent them from starting to smoke cigarettes again. e-cigs come in flavors that will keep the taste and smell of tobacco away, and cut down on the urge to smoke.

Something to consider about why there are bad reports on e-cigs, is that the pharmaceutical companies stand to lose a lot of money from nicotine patches, lozenges, gums, and prescription drugs that have not been effective for smokers to stop, but e-cigs have been very effective for them to stop.

no photo
Fri 01/02/15 07:19 PM

Wasn't this already posted earlier?

Anyway, if you don't like women with dogs, don't date women with dogs. It's really that simple. Why complain about responsible pet owners who may have to get home earlier to let their dogs out, or who won't get rid of their dogs just because you don't like them?

Thanks.

I've learned my lesson. I won't date a women with dogs.

You probably wouldn't do well dating a woman with kids either. Just sayin.....

At least there are questions on the dating profile about do you have children or want them!

no photo
Fri 01/02/15 06:46 PM
It would be a good idea to add this on the dating sites profile questions. After do you smoke, and do you drink, add do you have dogs and/or cats?

Seriously, some people are allergic to animal dander. Just like cigarette smoke, it can linger on a person. The person would be affected much sooner and more assuredly by dander, than they would second-hand smoke.

no photo
Sat 10/04/14 01:33 PM

ANYbody can make you a 'Favorite.'
It is merely a tab system so someone can look you up
again and has no impact on your profile whatsoever.

It is also not affected by filters :-)

The favorite notification came in as a mail. That should not have been possible! I found that when I blocked the person they disappeared from the who has you as a favorite. I hope I also was deleted from their favorite file.

Anybody should not have the right to make a member a favorite unless the member has approved it! If that person does not fit into your filter choices, they have no reason to keep you in their favorite file to look you up again. That is harassment!

no photo
Fri 10/03/14 09:41 PM
Edited by solodove on Fri 10/03/14 09:50 PM
How can a person 24yo from out of USA add me as a favorite when I have selected in my filter only 56yo and above and within 100 miles of where I live?

The added favorite notification came in a mail!

no photo
Wed 04/23/14 10:37 PM
For last 2 days after I sent a nudge, in the Recent Activity section, there is no indication that the nudge was sent out to the person.

no photo
Fri 05/03/13 10:33 PM

The Hitcher (1986) (FULL MOVIE)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7_wFBBEVJc

This was an unbelievable movie! Mystery, suspense, thriller, shocker,everything in one movie!

no photo
Fri 05/03/13 10:30 PM
Endless Summer premiered in 1966 & it's sequel Endless Summer II premiered in 1994. Spectacular surfing movies filmed all over the world in best surfing locations. Hawaii, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Bali, Costa Rica, even Alaska.

Who has seen these movies?

no photo
Fri 05/03/13 09:51 PM
Edited by solodove on Fri 05/03/13 09:56 PM
Kon-Tiki: The Incredible True Story movie has started to air on the National Geographic Channel. No TV here, so has anyone watched it?

Below is link for info about it:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/episodes/kon-tiki-the-incredible-true-story/

no photo
Thu 01/31/13 09:07 PM
Edited by solodove on Thu 01/31/13 09:25 PM

This summer I will be embarking into the natural forest of north east Oklahoma in search of Big Foot. I will camp out in the woods with sophisticated camera and audio equipment to record the events. This will be the most intensive search that has been done to date. Pray for me. I hope that I come back.. alive.

Big Foot was last 'heard' in the Blue Mountains of Oregon around a month ago according to the article below:

http://www.inquisitr.com/496172/bigfoot-in-oregon-residents-report-strange-noises-that-could-be-legendary-creature/

no photo
Wed 12/12/12 05:40 PM
Thinking, is anyone else listening & watching the 12-12-12 Benefit for Sandy Concert on Yahoo now? Being broadcast all over world:

http://music.yahoo.com/programs/121212-benefit/

no photo
Wed 12/12/12 05:23 PM
Watching & Listening to 12-12-12 Benefit For Sandy Concert on Yahoo

http://music.yahoo.com/programs/121212-benefit/#

no photo
Mon 12/10/12 11:54 PM

hope these coming days are full of peace righteousness benevolences and joy.

Thank you and hoping the same for you! :)

no photo
Sun 09/18/11 01:40 PM

There is one guy that I do regret having a relationship because he was a con artist. Other than that, I think you have to learn from everything and try not to make the same mistake twice and take something positive from every situation.

The best advise that I follow is "watch people's actions and not their words" because some people are really good at words. If the actions don't match the words beware.

The best advise that I follow is "watch people's actions and not their words" because some people are really good at words. If the actions don't match the words beware.

Agreed, actions really do speak louder & more accurately than words! :)

no photo
Sun 09/18/11 12:08 PM
Edited by solodove on Sun 09/18/11 12:10 PM

"Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness." - 13th Warrior

i regret most of my life. i regret most not learning from the mistakes that i've made and therefore continue to make them. tomorrow i will regret not living today to it's fullest and i will repeat that same regret the following day and the day after that. continuing on until i have no more days.

i regret loving those who didn't deserve it and not loving those who did.

i know regret. i know it well.

. . .

~i regret loving those who didn't deserve it and not loving those who did.~

Perfectly stated!

no photo
Tue 09/08/09 06:08 PM
Use Somebody ~ Kings of Leon

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 12 13