Community > Posts By > ladywolf9653

ladywolf9653's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:37 AM
Some attraction is necessary, but I also believe that the more attracted you are to who the person is, the more attracted you become to what they look like. If the container is pretty but empty, where is the satisfaction in that?

ladywolf9653's photo
Thu 08/20/09 08:37 PM

True but the difference between genious and crazy is a slippery slope.....smokin

Crazy is relative ;) (Believe me - you should meet some of my relatives!)

ladywolf9653's photo
Thu 08/20/09 08:11 PM
I agree that the results of the studies are biased, depending on the pool from which the participants were drawn. I've encountered men in the past who had issue with my career...for some, having the woman earn more/be more successful is a threat. However, I simply wrote them off as not being real men. IMO, a real man is secure in who he is, and his job/earnings/IQ do not define that. As long as responsibilities are met, that's all that really matters.

I am getting ready to go back for my master's, for no other reason than I want to. If that further reduces my opportunities for dating, I guess I'll just start stalking MENSA meetings ;)

ladywolf9653's photo
Thu 07/30/09 07:45 PM
I am probably too old to understand this concept, but with age comes wisdom :)

I know plenty of attractive men who are also good ("nice") guys. I also know plenty of attractive women who value the character of a man more highly than whether or not he has a 6 pack and could pass for Brad Pitt.

I will talk to someone without a photo, if the message or profile or his posts caught my eye & was more literate than "hey, wut's up cutie?" Then again, my advanced age has taught me that looks may fade, but character and personality rarely do. If someone messages or nudges me, and I see something in his profile that is an immediate deal breaker for me, I'll at least respond & thank him politely for his interest, then give my reason(s) why I don't think we'd be a match.

Then again, my grandmother drilled manners into my head with her rolling pin, lol.

ladywolf9653's photo
Mon 07/27/09 07:56 PM
My best friend and I have been friends for 25 years. We've survived his being in the marines & serving in desert storm & iraq (multiple times), each of us getting married, each of us getting divorced, and any number of lesser dramas. We are the one constant in each others' lives, and we both give thanks that we've been friends as long as we have.

ladywolf9653's photo
Mon 07/27/09 07:43 PM

Blessed am I who can laugh at myself. I am always entertained.laugh

With all the situations I get myself into, I have the same blessing ;)

ladywolf9653's photo
Mon 07/27/09 07:40 PM

Some car crashes, I don't look.

I take the viewpoint of "does it directly impact me in any way?" If the answer is no (which is 99.9% of the time), I go about my business and entertain myself!

ladywolf9653's photo
Mon 07/27/09 07:28 PM

I clearly missed something

I'm clueless as well, and content to stay that way, lol.

ladywolf9653's photo
Mon 07/27/09 07:25 PM
"I loocking for good time my passion is play swimming and haven good time.if you are want to have fun with me call me and you make me happy and we can go out some time ? am very hot person and I love play new game . only thing on the game make me feel so good and I love to tray new games if you know some good games make me hot and if you want to share or talk send me back and we share ideas or we can put on practise."

I don't know about anyone else, but Scrabble always gets my motor running

(Had to throw this one in here, since the guys don't get represented much :) )

ladywolf9653's photo
Mon 07/27/09 08:07 AM
I have a friend who met her husband online. He was in Canada, she was in San Diego. They were friends at first, but when we had a gathering of the site members, the sparks flew. They dealt with a LDR until they could work out all of the legalities, and flew to see each other whenever they could in the meantime. They've been married 8 years now.

Have another friend who met her bf online, they're going on 6 years together. Others I know haven't had any success at all, so I guess it's a matter of luck (in meeting someone you feel that strongly about), trust and commitment to putting in the effort needed to make things work.

ladywolf9653's photo
Mon 07/27/09 08:01 AM

You have seen first hand it's positive medicinal effects. I believe those same positive effects could have been gained thru other means not by use of an illegal substance. (jmo) I could be totally wrong, but this is from someone who has not witnessed a loved one go through anything close to what you have. This is why I am saying this is only my opinion nothing more.

While I can emphathize that most going thru such hardship will rather a quick relief than anything else - to help them thru their individual ailments, still think the same result could be gained thru any illegal drug. Temporary relief.

Oh I understand that, and hope you don't think I was arguing with you personally...the best thing about free will is having individual opinions and the ability to express them.

I can't argue for or against any other drug in this instance, as I didn't observe their use. I can only speak to what I saw in my own case. It wasn't just temporary relief...there were *no* side effects from the chemo, other than loss of hair. She was tired for several hours after a treatment, but that was it. No other legal medication could do that for her, even temporarily.

Personally, I feel that legalization of this particular drug can do nothing but good for the economy.

ladywolf9653's photo
Mon 07/27/09 07:35 AM

Glad it alleviated your mom's pain especially during chemo and her cancer battle. flowerforyou

Just my personal opinion, if you are going to make marijuana legal then legalize all drugs.

While under the influence of any drug I am certain that pain can take a backseat to the high, even if only briefly.

Actually, it wasn't about the pain. It eliminated the nausea and body aches that are fairly common with chemo. The body aches aren't like those that occur with a fever or flu - they are bone jarring tremors that I can't even begin to describe (and I was just witnessing it, not the one experiencing them).

The difference between marijuana and other drugs is that marijuana is natural and used exactly as it is grown. Other drugs are mixed with chemicals and manufactured.

Not being a smoker of the stuff, I don't have a personal interest in the legalization from that standpoint. I do, however, strongly advocate legalization for people going through what my mother did.

ladywolf9653's photo
Mon 07/27/09 07:22 AM
When my mother was diagnosed with lymphoma, her doctor unofficially recommended that she begin using marijuana. He couldn't do so "on the record", but he did tell her that it would help immensely, especially after her chemo sessions. This was back in the 80s, when treatments were devastating to the patients. She was hesitant, as she'd never used it before. The first few treatments were so hard, though, so she agreed to try. My aunt baked her brownies, and my mother would eat one prior to the treatments. As a result, she didn't have the same reaction to the chemo...she wasn't vomiting all day, didn't suffer the extreme body aches, etc.

I personally do not smoke it, but I have many friends who do. My father is a retired narcotics detective, and he used to grumble all the time about having to arrest someone for having a little pot in his/her possession. Said it was ridiculous to focus on such a harmless drug when there were far more dangerous things on the street.

The benefits of legalization far outweigh the negatives, and having witnessed first hand what it can do to alleviate the sufferings of chemo patients, I would support any effort to do so.

ladywolf9653's photo
Sun 07/26/09 09:59 PM
Trying to make myself go to sleep :) And you?

ladywolf9653's photo
Sun 07/26/09 09:58 PM
So far, mine has been great. Rather more eventful than usual, but that's a good thing.

ladywolf9653's photo
Sun 07/26/09 09:57 PM
Hello and welcome :)

ladywolf9653's photo
Sun 07/26/09 09:57 PM
Hello and welcome :)

ladywolf9653's photo
Sun 07/26/09 09:56 PM
Window, unless it's over 90. Then I cave and turn the A/C on.

ladywolf9653's photo
Sun 07/26/09 09:47 PM
This would qualify as an overshare

ladywolf9653's photo
Sun 07/26/09 09:28 PM
Edited by ladywolf9653 on Sun 07/26/09 09:28 PM

... I just got this in PM:

"gotta cll fone bb?"

WTF does THAT say?! sad

Translation:

Gotta Cell Phone baby

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25