Community > Posts By > soxfan94

soxfan94's photo
Sun 10/05/08 06:48 PM
A good sense of humor and a little humility.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 10/05/08 12:46 AM

And I'm extremely competitive, but am going to play nicely

flowerforyou

I gotta go to bed, but if you two trash talking poker players ever decide to get a game together, let me know...I feel that I'd be a bit of a darkhorse. Haha.

Gnight!

soxfan94's photo
Sun 10/05/08 12:37 AM

Oh, myspace apps.

And I would be happy to school you in playing real Poker while you're here tongue2

If you're really serious about poker, you should check out duplicatepoker.com. It's completely legal in the united states, and presents a totally new twist on the traditional poker game. There's $5 of available on sign up which is enough to get you through a few hands and get a feel for it. I'm still getting used to the concept, but it's pretty intriguing.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 10/05/08 12:33 AM

We drank till almost 5am this morning... so hungover I decided to not go out tonight...

<--- Impressed.

I haven't even done that in at least a month! Was it worth your while? :wink:

soxfan94's photo
Sun 10/05/08 12:27 AM
Hungover? That's not supposed to be until tomorrow morning! Hell, I'm still drunk for another 30 minutes or so before I start losing the good buzz!

soxfan94's photo
Sun 10/05/08 12:21 AM

If you two keep talking law I'm going to bed grumble

Fair enough...what's your topic of choice?

soxfan94's photo
Sun 10/05/08 12:19 AM

Litigation, I suppose if you are working for the people or defending the Corporate

Well, the truth of it is that no matter who you are defending, there is a righteous cause possible on either side of the fence. Defending a corporation against allegations that are baseless is honorable. Vice versa, bringing suit against a corporation which committed violations is also honorable.

The "darkside" depends less on which specific "side" you're on, and more on the context of the facts which you are advocating. To zealously represent a deceitful client is terrible no matter which side you're on. To represent an honest and legitimate claim is honorable no matter which side you're on. The stereotypes are baseless, if you ask me.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 10/05/08 12:04 AM

Don't go to the darkside laugh

But the question is...which side is the darkside?

soxfan94's photo
Sun 10/05/08 12:00 AM

Well at least you were honest to her.
I mean u could of just tagged her along, and seen other people behind her back.
But U cannot blame her for feeling like crap about the situation.
And the best way to deal w/ that sometimes is to blame the other person...and thats why she is saying all that.
Guys are better at hiding their emotions, and since u are the one that broke up w/ her, u have moved on..just give it some time, and she will move on as well.

I understand she'll get over it...but it's just so frustrating in the meantime that although everyone insists that they want honesty, when you actually give them honesty, they freak out and accuse you of having ulterior motives. What a double standard.

soxfan94's photo
Sat 10/04/08 11:59 PM
Defense med mal. Although at the moment I'm actually working for a plaintiff's firm, so I suppose anything could happen. Ultimately, litigation is where I'll end up regardless of which side I fall on.

soxfan94's photo
Sat 10/04/08 11:51 PM
FireOfThePhoenix....no offense taken. I was young for my grade and I skipped a grade also (third grade...big whoop) so it just turns out that I'm younger than most in law school. I'm no prodigy, my professors can tell you that. Haha.

soxfan94's photo
Sat 10/04/08 11:50 PM
So I just broke up with my girl of two months. We'd been friends before we started dating, and it just didn't turn out to be what I expected. I told her my honest feelings about how I felt terrible hurting her by breaking things off, but that it just wasn't working out like I expected or needed it to. She immediately accused me of making it into "her fault" so that I could get mad at her.

What is it with girls that they feel like everything by a guy is calculated and emotionless? I feel like **** doing this to her, but it's just honestly how I feel.

soxfan94's photo
Sat 10/04/08 11:46 PM

http://www.simplych.com/cb_rules.htm

Very well done.

soxfan94's photo
Sat 10/04/08 11:44 PM

So SoxFan

I totally perv'd your profile and I'm curious how you can be in your 3rd year of law school at 23?

Graduated undergraduate at age 21...started law school that fall. I'll be 24 in another month, and so that will be the age that I graduate.

soxfan94's photo
Sat 10/04/08 11:43 PM

You know what would fun right about now.

A ****ing drunk game of calvin ball.

Damn straight! Get your masks and break out the time fracture wickets!!!

Hahaha.

soxfan94's photo
Sat 10/04/08 11:38 PM

tongue2

Did you see prettily wrapped presents at the party?

No! What did I miss?!

soxfan94's photo
Sat 10/04/08 11:33 PM

laugh laugh laugh laugh
yeah this thread goes in many directions...

Goes in many directions....just like Indnprncss!!

:tongue:

soxfan94's photo
Sat 10/04/08 11:28 PM
...fried egg boobies?

Man, I always come in at the worst times! frustrated

soxfan94's photo
Sat 10/04/08 11:26 PM
Wouldee...to the best of my knowledge it's a rumor that the order was granted. Although the motion was filed by Berg, there was a dismissal which followed shortly thereafter. Unfortunately, the internet isn't providing many clear answers (does it ever?) and the best source I have is this redacted version of the report: http://www.theminorityreportblog.com/blog_entry/gordontaylor/2008/10/03/edited_judge_orders_obama_to_produce_birth_certificate

soxfan94's photo
Sat 10/04/08 10:59 AM
Edited by soxfan94 on Sat 10/04/08 11:03 AM

good for you, dear.

now get off your partisan horse and realize that the National Debt is what is destroying this nation.

That destruction is characterized by your Obama. It isn't Obama himself that concerns me, but it is this fascination with his platform that exemplifies just how stupid this country is.

Even McCain cannot express anything different.

You and others are blind to the fact that the National Debt is impossible to reign in without drastically cutting government spending.

So many government programs and services will have to be cut out just to balance the debt, even if a 40 year repayment plan were implemented.

You, like SO MANY OTHERS, just don't get it.

A spiralling National Debt IS a loss of liberties and freedoms.

Why can't you see that?

think and don;t give me how wrong mcCain is. He is no cure. He is just an insignificant and insufficient bandaid on a HUGE mortal wound.

I agree with you in principle, but I don't think that McCain's spending policies would be much better than Obama's. McCain has continually associated himself with the recent wave of fiscally reckless conservatism (a bastardization of the theory, to be sure). His militaristic policies ensure that the defense budget will soar. His health care policy calls for nearly as much spending as Obama's. This country needs a libertarian. Or at least a reformed electoral system which promotes a multi party election.

(And yes, I know you said you're not trumpeting McCain as the solution...but I just don't think that he's even any better than Obama in terms of fixing the debt.)

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25