davidsechristopher's photo
Sat 09/10/16 03:31 PM
I got divorced at 40. I meet a lot more women in their 50's than in their 40's. I meet a lot more women in their 30's than in their 40's.

Irrespective of that, yes. The universal complaint I hear is how much is sucks to date at our age.

Sat 09/10/16 03:28 PM
nectarines

Sat 09/10/16 03:26 PM
Why thank you blushing

Her sense of adventure

Sat 09/10/16 03:20 PM
Knish

Sat 09/10/16 03:19 PM
Edited by davidsechristopher on Sat 09/10/16 03:20 PM
Ice cream

Sat 09/10/16 03:17 PM
Flounder

Sat 09/10/16 03:11 PM

Sat 09/10/16 02:56 PM

I think the guys are still going to lose this one.

Sat 09/10/16 02:55 PM
His cat. Such a sweet looking feline.

Sat 09/10/16 12:28 PM
The fact that she's in Edmonton.

Sat 09/10/16 12:26 PM

Sat 09/10/16 12:23 PM

Sat 09/10/16 12:16 PM

OK, I am just looking at the dating pool. My profile is perhaps rather negative, in that I am NOT looking to 'hookup' - just viewing the pool candidates..
The comments of emails I receive, it is pretty obvious to me that my profile is NOT being read at all, as the comments in their emails reference what a nice profile it is, etc... are you kidding me?did you read it???
Or are they just MANREADING it?
Manreading - look at the pictures and carry on anyway..
Hints about scammers would be appreciated..
Kat

You will get better with spotting scammers as you go along. Language is a big give away. If they "want to know you more", ask more questions than they give information, want you to believe they are up in the middle of the night emailing you, or immediately ask you to go to another free site, giving or begging for a phone number right off the bat, tell you they are a widowed engineer with a kid you can bet they are bogus.

There are always going to be the guys on line that hope you are going to be the cyber version of the girl in the bar or hope to sex talk for free. Report, block, and move on without taking it personal. NEVER; EVER, give someone your home number or where you work. There are criminals on line. And they can charm the whiskers off a cat.

Legit guys are going to try and ask questions and probably want to see a recent full length photo but they don't usually give you a psychological profile or some flowery description of their sudden infatuation. Almost all men will tell you that you are beautiful sooner or later; maybe it is a safe answer or genuine but hey beats the alternative. And legit guys do not care if you are "perfect". Most are going to be as afraid of you being a scammer or blabbing their personal stuff as you are of them. Most are sensitive about someone trying to play them for money so be sympathetic about work (but wait for them to offer specifics) and those women that play head games. A lot of the best guys are parents, and good ones, but they will be pretty tight lipped about it for at least a while. Legit guys do read what is posted so if you are constantly breaking balls and whining they would rather deal with someone with less "bad attitude". A lot of decent guys do live with extended family during post divorce periods, especially if they have kids, because two families can not live as cheaply as one and they have out grown the "party animal" stage. There are a lot of great guys on Mingle on and off the forums. Good luck.

Not all the scammers are men. I have had matches from 39 year old women from Kenya, yeah right. I have grandchildren almost that old. Obviously the "not" reading of profiles is not gender specific. I read every profile of a picture that piques my interest. Let's face it the first contact is visual, if there s a phony smile (not to the eyes) or scowl or the pouty lips I go no further. Who in the world told women that the pouty lip pose was appealing to men. I look at eyes first and then the rest (well always the rest) I am a man and we are visually stimulated. Smile mile and then smile again. It can be a quirky smile or a funny smile or an enticing smile. Notice the common theme here? SMILE.

Just to elaborate. I've been on the site about a week. I've had 4 women ask me to provide cell or google chat. One straight up asked me to for money for air fare to come visit me for the weekend. slaphead

Guys get the scammers a lot... that or I just look like a victim...

Sat 09/10/16 12:12 PM
I can't see lu_rosemary's post, but it says she was the last poster.

I throw paper and pencils so she can write more poems.

Sat 09/10/16 12:11 PM
Edited by davidsechristopher on Sat 09/10/16 12:13 PM

Sat 09/10/16 12:09 PM

Sat 09/10/16 12:05 PM

Sat 09/10/16 12:02 PM
The glasses.

Definitely rocking the sexy librarian look!

Sat 09/10/16 10:53 AM
Give

There's a lot of giving in loving. :heart:

Sat 09/10/16 10:48 AM
TMommy,

That's an excellent list. I especially like the part about anyone not seeing their kids.

I guess being a responsible adult that pays taxes, supports themselves, maintains appropriate relationships with family and children, etc seems to be a level set minimum.

Previous 1 3