Community > Posts By > rmconversion

rmconversion's photo
Thu 12/15/16 06:16 PM
Exercise is the worst thing I can think of to do. And paying money to a gym is a real waste of money for me. I just can't do it. So you are not alone and I think we have a bunch of others that will agree with us.

I have an idea for you though. Find an activity you like to do that you get a bit of exercise from. May dance group. Or volunteer at a place that you get some physical labor.

I work part time shopping for and delivering groceries to home bound seniors. I started out as a volunteer working for free. I am retired so when a driver was needed I started driving for them and they have to pay me min. wage. For me it is great. I get exercise doing the job. I am not paying a gym membership. The folks I visit are great. And I see how bad my heath could be if I don't do what need to do to stay up and moving. I provide a needed service. I get a bit of extra spending money. And I really love what I do.

Just an idea for you to kick around. Like the saying "love your job and you will never work a day in your life" In this case "love a physical activity and you will never exercise a day in your life"

I follow a high protein-low carb diet. I used to weigh over 300 lbs. I was able to get down to 170 but had very little energy. I am at 200 now but trying to get back to the 170 again. I'm an old guy so building muscle is more difficult.

Don't give up. Just look around for things to do. Good luck to you and I hope I helped in some way.

rmconversion's photo
Tue 12/13/16 03:33 PM
I like the fifth. Bulleit bourbon is my favorite.drinker

rmconversion's photo
Sat 12/10/16 01:36 PM

Thanks rm. It's not as nice as my .45 kimber stainless target II . but it did come with 2 back straps 2 18+1 clips and a conceal carry quick draw holster plus cleaning rods for 349 new.

The only revolver i have is a j-frame saw .38 special airweight for traveling purposes. Completely hammerless so no snagging on pocket or when you have it shoved between the seats.

The Kimber is one I consider. A Super Match II maybe. I like the Blackhawk Serpa holster for pistol and a good leather thumb break for revolver.

I've had a J frame in the past but never was able to get along with it at the range. Called it a belly gun as I needed to be able to touch something with it. I have been tempted to try a 3" model 60 S&W. I like K and L frame S&W's. I have a number of them still. Great shooters. I am not as fond of the new ones though. The transfer bar makes them sound cheap. Just love the sound and feel of a hammer mounted firing pin.

rmconversion's photo
Fri 12/09/16 11:12 AM

Nice pistols rm. I added a Century Arms TP9SF Desert 9mm Luger Pistol to my beginning collection last weekend. The price was too good to pass up. Now if the weather will cooperate I can run some rounds thru the clips. Lol.

Nice looking pistol. When I started handgun shooting I was a revolver guy. With revolvers you could buy different grips to suit you. Had a bit of trouble adjusting to pistols, but as I aged it was easier. I really like the ones with different back straps so you can adjust the grip to suit you like the different grips for the revolver.

rmconversion's photo
Thu 12/08/16 08:22 PM

Topic: Anyone do any shooting?

No, but I have been shot at a few times.

How was I to know that she was the daughter of ... Never mind! :angel:

Missed that ole shotgun weddin a time ur two have ya.bigsmile

rmconversion's photo
Thu 12/08/16 05:17 PM

Or this.

rmconversion's photo
Thu 12/08/16 05:13 PM

Looking at this.

rmconversion's photo
Thu 12/08/16 04:35 PM
Edited by rmconversion on Thu 12/08/16 04:42 PM

Wooo hoooooo!!!! It worked.

rmconversion's photo
Thu 12/08/16 02:48 PM

Hello from the land of Oz. I live a fair bit east of Dorothy's place. waving

Gee, I didn't know that rmconversion was a Munchkin.

LOL No, not a Munchkin. Lots of folks in Oz. Not all are little folks.

rmconversion's photo
Wed 12/07/16 04:40 PM

But I may be a wee bit over optimistic.:wink:

X2 :thumbsup:

rmconversion's photo
Wed 12/07/16 04:34 PM
Hello from the land of Oz. I live a fair bit east of Dorothy's place. waving

rmconversion's photo
Sun 12/04/16 08:15 AM
I like the cold. The snow and wet stuff not so much.

rmconversion's photo
Sun 12/04/16 06:10 AM

Well Rm, I'm getting a Glock 40. If I had to get a Kimber, I'd get a Kimber Ultra Carry II Two Tone 1911 45 ACP. Carbon black slide with a mate finish Aluminum body, with some beautiful rosewood grips! I think there 850. But their on sale at Gander, 630! 3inch barrel for nice concealed carry to offend that leftist Hillary supporter. Lol just kidding. That would be my choice. Strictly CQB!!!

That was kind of what I looked at before. I have CC stuff. I am looking for a full size, nail driving, range pistol. Something I might even use to compete with if I decide to again.

rmconversion's photo
Fri 12/02/16 05:37 PM

A lot of people here have guns and go shooting. I never had a desire to do it. Maybe I should find some big strong men to go out and show me.

Thing is there is a good chance you would shoot better than a guy with the same experience. I have seen many a new shooting couple (man-wife, BF-GF) where the female out shot the male. So take it easy on the big strong guy and don't hurt his feelings too bad.

rmconversion's photo
Fri 12/02/16 04:48 PM

Looking at getting a new .40 cal. Going Glock, either the 22 model or the new G40. I guess one is small and the other is full sized?

I'm not sure on the numbers but Glock does make a full size, compact and sub compact. I have a Glock 19 gen 4(9mm compact) and it is one of the best shooting pistol I have. I do shoot .40 S&W in a S&W Sigma and a Sig P250. They shoot well. I at one time wanted a 10mm but I have read that there is very little difference in the 10 and the 40.

That's true. The .40 Cal is 10mm! My brother owns 3 Kimberly 45s! The shoot like a Wilson combat right out of the box. I think you'll like it!

Yup, the 10mm is to the 40 S&W what the .357 mag is to the .38 spl. What I read is that they had trouble with the early 10mm's with the hot loads the longer case permitted and that most current 10mm ammo has been slowed down. Pistols have a narrow range to function well compared to revolvers.

Kimber's came way down in price. I looked at one of the lower cost ones at Gander and the guy behind the counter didn't seem to think much of it. There are some that are still up a bit in price. If you could have your pick which model Kimber would you choose?

rmconversion's photo
Fri 12/02/16 04:28 PM

I have a thought. What is so great about shooting a gun?

A bit difficult to explain to some folks. Kind of like a person who likes Butter Pecan ice cream (like me). I have meet folks and asked them if they ever tried it and some would never consider it. Saying they tried Butterscotch once and hated it so much there is no way they will try something that starts with butter.

For me to shoot any where close to well I have to relax, stand correctly, hold the gun correctly, breath correctly, and line everything up properly. For me it is like yoga or meditation. I have also taken folks out to shoot for the first time. Some really like it and some don't. Just like most everything else. And plenty of women and kids have shot way better than I have.

I also load my own ammo so that is an additional sense of worth for me. Now as I said I am not great at shooting and I will never make money at it as some do. But there are lots of folks that like to play other sports and will never make money at it either. So when I work to reload ammo and do so properly, then do what I am supposed to at the range, the little holes appear where they should. Kind of like what someone does playing golf.

If you still don't understand it's not a problem. I don't understand golf either. Folks just like different stuff.

rmconversion's photo
Fri 12/02/16 03:10 PM
I have had the itch to buy. The Desert Eagle is one I am thinking about. The CZ75 another. A high quality 1911 is another.

I have RIA 1911 A1 CS. It shoots well but I am looking for something really special. I have been looking at the Colt Special Combat Government. There are still a few Colt M45A1 Close Quarter Battle Pistols around. Maybe a Kimber or Ed Brown. I have a brass catcher that attaches to a rail so that feature is nice in that I don't have to chase empties and loose brass.

Recommendations and thoughts?

rmconversion's photo
Wed 11/16/16 10:28 AM
My current dog is a Husky. Great dog. Best dog I have owned. But there is hair everywhere all the time and getting him to eat is a lot of work. If it weren't for the hair all over everything he would be my favorite of all time. We had a German Shepard years ago and he did really well. I think my next dog will be another GS. Had a Black Lab and he chewed up anything that was made out of wood and some stuff that wasn't. A big goofy monster. Like as not I will never own another. My ex had Cocker's and I found out they were #1 on the list for dog bites. So 2 good reason's never to have another.

rmconversion's photo
Sat 11/12/16 05:23 PM
rofl I do love to eat taco's, but that's not why I am here.

I am retired and am looking for someone to do things with. I am not looking for romance. So I found this place as it did not ask me to self evaluate and I read that if I posted it would increase my chances to meet folks.

rmconversion's photo
Fri 11/11/16 10:18 AM
Edited by rmconversion on Fri 11/11/16 10:21 AM
I guess it depends on what you expect out of it. I am almost 60 year old and am just looking for someone to go out with. I have had bad relationships in the past and not really looking to get into another one. I have messaged a hand full of women and had replies from four. One developed into a meeting. That took a long time as she was very busy and did not have time to meet. No big deal for me as I'm am not really sure if I want to get involved again. This message board seems to have a following and you might do some reading and see if you want to spend some time on this board.