Community > Posts By > Marie55

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/15/09 01:05 AM
You didn't come off as a jerk. I don't know where he
went, don't know if he is gone for the night or what.
Have a good night.

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/15/09 12:52 AM
I am sure he is serious, I think he is like a lot of us, he
is just feeling frustrated and discouraged these days.
I can't speak for him, but that would be my guess.

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/15/09 12:44 AM
I use the Champion Whey protein powder, it mixes easily with a fork in cold water, not lumpy and has a good flavor, also comes in chocolate. I use it as a meal replacement though. You can enter the name in Google and find a website to buy it online.

I wouldn't use Slimfast at all. Hope you feel better soon.

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/15/09 12:35 AM

"I think perfect for me is nothing more than someone who can accept the fact that we aren't going to see everything the same way."

What is wrong with that??? You don't want a carbon copy of yourself, that would get boring really fast. If you don't have differences, you wouldn't have anything to talk about. I would go nuts really fast without some kind of conversation. Had that, don't want that again.

Nothing at all wrong with that. That was kinda the point.

I think that, sometimes, the idea of " perfect for " ( you/me/whoever ) involves things like " SOOOO much in common ", " likes what I like " and things of that nature.

Like I said, though, I am just too scattered in what I like and don't like for me to realistically think that there would be someone like that out there. I know there may be some women out there that I have a few things in common with. But probably not everything in common.

Honestly, IF I were to find someone who actually likes ALL the same things I like...I would have to run away screaming...lol

LOL, or kiss yourself in the mirror.laugh

laugh laugh Reminds me of "Happy Days" when Fonzie was trying to teach Richie or one of the guys how to kiss, didn't he have them kissing a mirror??? noway

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/15/09 12:33 AM
I don't think you have to find someone who likes "all the things" you do. A majority is necessary, of course. I know couples where the husband has hobbies that the wife can't stand, (football games, hunting, ummm his family (okay sorrylaugh), working with wood building things, working on cars with his buddies, etc.). The wife does her thing either alone or with friends and they are happily married, this "alone" time is good and healthy for them.

Maybe 50-60% is all anyone can hope for when finding someone who likes the same things you do. Maybe more than that and you would get bored with them??? Maybe 75% would be a good mix?? I don't know, I have never had the perfect mix either. I have seen it in others, but don't know how they got there, other than just plain dumb luck maybe???

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/15/09 12:18 AM
Edited by Marie55 on Sat 08/15/09 12:18 AM

"I think perfect for me is nothing more than someone who can accept the fact that we aren't going to see everything the same way."

What is wrong with that??? You don't want a carbon copy of yourself, that would get boring really fast. If you don't have differences, you wouldn't have anything to talk about. I would go nuts really fast without some kind of conversation. Had that, don't want that again.

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/15/09 12:10 AM
Have you filled out your POLST form??? It is a form that you fill out through your doctor's office and a copy goes into your file and you then can take a copy to the hospital for your chart there and you keep the original "bright green" copy on your refrigerator at home.

The POLST form is a form that tells emergency medical responders how you want them to treat you in a life or death emergency, i.e., if your heart stops, do you want them to do CPR or not (DNR), if you go into a coma, do you want to be kept alive by intubation and tube feedings, do you want them to give you antibiotics if you get pneumonia while in the coma, etc. This form gives you the chance to make the decision of what will happen in an emergency before it happens.

This form also takes the "hard decisions" out of the hands of your children or other family members and makes sure your wishes are upheld.

Thought I would mention it for any of you that are interested.

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/15/09 12:01 AM
Sorry about your job. I don't know what line of work you are in, but have you tried googling it to see if there is a website devoted to just that profession? What I mean is, I do medical transcription, when I was looking for a 2nd job, I went to "MT.com" and there are tons of jobs out there listed on that site. Just a thought. Good luck in your search.

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/14/09 11:57 PM

Prisoner shock collar. Be seeing you. BZZZZZZZZ!!!! YEOW!!!

They already have a "kidney puncher" - it is electrodes placed over the inmates kidneys, he gets out of hand, ZAP!!!! Inmate on the floor, no more problem. bigsmile

Marie55's photo
Thu 08/13/09 11:19 PM
I have "Fifer." (It was while he was on "vacation.":wink:)

Marie55's photo
Wed 08/12/09 09:57 PM
Edited by Marie55 on Wed 08/12/09 09:59 PM
Yeah, our town reassessed our property taxes this year - holy cow -- my tax assessment went up about $60,000 -- and on a house that was built in 1941, and nothing special, believe me, the garage is a pile of kindling that I need to tear down, etc. But, I am a block from the golf course, so guess that "helps"......... or "hurts" hmmmmmmmmmm. noway noway ohwell huh

People are really not happy this year. grumble grumble grumble

Marie55's photo
Wed 08/12/09 08:46 PM
So sorry to hear you are having problems. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Tue 08/11/09 10:51 PM
I take clonazepam for it, helps me sleep otherwise I wake up off and on all night long from my legs moving around. I don't know if you can take that though.

How about chamomile tea?? It is supposed to be a sedative, I don't know if it has caffeine in it, supposed to be from the mint family. People have used it for years for relaxation and sleep. Sounds miserable, mine isn't that bad.

Since you can't take milk/dairy, do you take calcium pills to put calcium in your body?? Sometimes a lack of calcium can cause leg and muscle spasming.

They used to use quinine for Charley horse type leg cramps but can't get that anymore, now the docs tell people to try tonic water, but you would have to see what the ingredients are, and be cautious, I don't know what it has in it.

Marie55's photo
Mon 08/10/09 11:41 PM
Still too early for the flu shots, seems like they don't come out until October or early November. Maybe this year they will try to have them out a little early with the "swine" flu issue.

At the hospital they even come around to our offices and "stab" us at our desks, we have our own "traveling needle show." :laughing: :laughing:

Marie55's photo
Mon 08/10/09 11:05 PM
I hope you all feel better soon.flowerforyou

I know your issue isn't the flu, Quiet, but the others, hmmmmmm. Take care of yourself.flowerforyou

Darn, way too early for the start of the flu season.
I work in a hospital and have been doing some more notes on these types of illnesses, it is only the first part of August, for gosh sakes !!!!!

Marie55's photo
Mon 08/10/09 12:28 AM
Welcome back, hope you hang out in the forums and make some friends.
Take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Mon 08/10/09 12:26 AM
Love Law and Order SVU, and the other ones too.

Also, got hooked on "Can You Duet" - kind of a country
version of "American Idol" on CMT, they just picked their
winner for this season.

I like to watch the challenges on the Food Network, where
they do the cake decorating, flair bartending, etc. I guess
I am hooked on watching people and their creativity, okay, okay,
I am jealous. grumble grumble

Marie55's photo
Sun 08/09/09 09:37 PM
I was married and had an almost 3 y/o daughter. Saw it on the news. My girlfriend was an Elvis fanatic and was really torn up. I felt bad for him, but had other things to take care of in my life.

Marie55's photo
Sun 08/09/09 01:06 PM
Oops, sorry -- guess I will keep my other stories to myself. But, the good news is, my daughter has a 5 y/o boy who is just like her at that age, so he is her "payback" kid and hides food in the bedroom, etc. All I do is laugh when she complains about having to look for something that stinks. :laughing: rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Marie55's photo
Sun 08/09/09 01:00 PM
When my daughter was young she used to play with earthworms and would take pint jars and put them in there, poke holes in the lid, to keep them alive, kind of thing. It was summertime and there was this unGodly stench coming from somewhere, I ripped the house apart, looked under all the furniture, thought maybe the dog had even drug in a small dead animal, couldn't find anything. Then finally happened to go out onto our little built on porch and found a pint jar, that HAD been full of live worms, sitting in the SUN - talk about a stench, baked earthworms!!illill Couldn't get it to the garbage can fast enough, yuk!!!!shocked scared surprised