Community > Posts By > Marie55

Marie55's photo
Sun 12/23/12 12:20 AM
Haven't been able to stop thinking about this still, still makes me ill. I wanted to drive to Oregon and take my grandkids out of school and keep them at home and safe with me all day, which I know doesn't make sense (I need to work and they need a life) - my grandson is 8, the same age or slightly older than the ones killed. Just tears me up that some sick dog did this to the kids. I blame his mother - she had the guns and did not have them under lock and key, and she took him to the gun range and taught him to shoot them. She also knew he was sick, had tried many meds, etc., so I cannot understand why she would ever leave guns unlocked in the house with him. I blame her and him. So many people suffered because of her stupidity.

These families will never get over this, not completely. How terribly sad. Keeping them and everyone involved in my thoughts and prayers. (What the EMTs, police, etc., must have seen and dealt with when they arrived on scene, how incredibly awful.) brokenheart

Marie55's photo
Sun 12/23/12 12:11 AM
So sorry for your loss. He will always be with you, watching over you. Sorry it had to happen so close to the holidays. Take time to take care of yourself. Try to do something special for you and your family in his honor this holiday. Take care.flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sun 12/23/12 12:07 AM
You are getting younger by the day!!! Hope you had a great birthday. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!! Take care.flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sun 12/16/12 09:54 PM
Feel better soon. Take care of yourself. Keeping you in my thoughts.flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sun 12/16/12 09:49 PM
So sorry. I will keep you and your aunt in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself.flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Wed 12/12/12 11:05 PM
Good to see you - I haven't been on here much. You look wonderful. Hope things are going great in your life. Have a great holiday. Take care. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Mon 11/12/12 11:13 PM
The voters passed the recreational marijuana law in Washington state, but apparently now the tax on it is raising the price on it to the price that now the smokers are complaining - apparently the cost of an ounce will now be $42O -- hmm, was that a coincidence???
Anyways, they have to work out all the bugs, etc., but apparently raised the price from $200 to $420 -- let the complaining begin. I don't care, I don't smoke. Should be interesting to watch.

Marie55's photo
Mon 11/12/12 11:07 PM
Happy belated birthday. Hope things are getting better, your power is back. Obviously, you have the internet back on now. I hope the storm recovery is going well and I really hope things calm down for the rest of the winter, your part of the country has been blasted already this winter, enough already!!

Hope your birthday was wonderful. Take care. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Mon 11/12/12 11:03 PM
Beautiful pictures - looks like it was a wonderful wedding. She is gorgeous, and the little ones are cute too. Congratulations on becoming a "mommy-in-law" - I know you will be a great one.

Take care. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Fri 10/26/12 06:46 PM
I would err on the being prepared side. I have never been in any hurricane or tornado, anything like that. Did ride out an earthquake once. No horrific blizzards. That is why I love the Northwest!!!

Hope things aren't too bad and you guys stay safe and warm. Take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sat 10/20/12 01:15 PM
Wux -- the baby was lucky, he was 4 lbs. 9 oz. at birth and came home from the hospital at about 2 weeks. I have no idea what the hospital bill was. Truth is, she is state assistance as her mother kicked her and her older sister out of the home when they were about 13 and 14, so they have been on their own. Baby's mom just turned 18 and will have to find a job now to support them. Hospitals are not cheap. I work in the medical system as a transcriptionist, not billing. But a basic office visit usually runs in the $120 range (I think) and goes up according to length of visit and if they do any procedures, injections, excisions, etc. I am not sure how much a hospital stay is per day, or birth costs. We actually are classified as a rural hospital and get federal funding, at least we still do until next legislative go round, and have a sliding fee scale, so if someone comes into the hospital (a local resident anyways, not a visitor) and breaks their leg or delivers a baby and does not have insurance, the fee is adjusted per their income and they will get their medical needs taken care of, possibly free or at the adjusted rate according to their income. Our rural status is up for grabs again this legislature go around again. The hospital bought up the 5 medical clinics here so the doctors are employees and don't have all the overhead, and the clinics also then have the sliding fee scale, etc. This didn't really answer all your questions, but hope it helped a little.

Luckily, the baby is healthy, just over a month old and over 8 lbs now.

Thanks much everyone for all your well wishes. Take care.

Marie55's photo
Sat 10/20/12 01:05 PM

I am now a step-Great Granny. (My son-in-law's stepdaughter's son.) He is a really cute little boy, came early, about 35 weeks but is a fighter and growing by leaps and bounds. So now have a new baby to buy presents for. Babies are fun.

I am not trying to be funny, or cute, this is an honest question.

Who pays for the hospital bill while the kid is in an incubator?

If it's paid by the baby's family, how much does this sort of service cost?

How much does a birth cost? A regular, maybe long birth, but with no serious or grave complications? The costs accrued from arriving in a taxi to going home in a taxi.

How much does pre-natal check-ups cost, end-to-end, for a mom-baby combo, with no real grave or serious complications ever, along the way?

I mean this question. In Canada it's all free, but in the states, would your financial insolvency mean the death of a child, a baby? And/or the death of the unborn baby's mother?

Please answer honestly and with respect, this is not a "funny" question. I don't know know what the situation is in these cases. I would like to learn.

Marie55's photo
Sat 10/13/12 10:51 PM
Thank you all. He lives about 40 miles away, so can't see him too often (major car problems right now) but hope to get it fixed before too long, then will see him more often. I love babies, they are cuddly and fun to be with.
Take care.

Marie55's photo
Thu 10/04/12 08:12 PM
I am now a step-Great Granny. (My son-in-law's stepdaughter's son.) He is a really cute little boy, came early, about 35 weeks but is a fighter and growing by leaps and bounds. So now have a new baby to buy presents for. Babies are fun.

Marie55's photo
Thu 10/04/12 08:00 PM
So sorry for your loss. He will always be with you. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Tue 09/11/12 09:06 PM
So sorry - will keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he proves those doctors wrong.flowerforyou flowerforyou

My son-in-law was virtually dead a good 3 years ago and the doctors and my daughter decided to put him on chemo and dialysis, he was in a coma and on his way out. He came out of it in about a week or so, and is still doing pretty well. They told him he was a test case as his liver is also gone from hep C, so they don't know what the chemo will do to him.

Tell him to stay positive and keep as busy as possible. My son-in-law has been doing his hobbies, going fishing, etc., and trying to stay as busy as possible and I think it has helped him.

I know I have heard stories about people who were given a few months who have stretched those few months into years, and we can pray that he will be one of those.

Take care.

Marie55's photo
Tue 09/11/12 08:55 PM
Happy Birthday Mark (sorry I missed this, haven't been on much these days). Wishing you the best the coming year has to offer. Take care.

Marie55's photo
Tue 09/11/12 08:53 PM
Happy Birthday Girl!!! Hope you are having a great time and wishing you the best the coming year has to offer. Take care. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Fri 09/07/12 11:23 PM
My son-in-law and best friend are both going through this right now. I know how hard a time they are having with it. I hope things get better for you soon. Will keep you in my prayers. Take care of yourself. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Fri 09/07/12 11:21 PM
I am so glad you had your phone with you and were able to lock yourself in the bathroom and call for help. Thank goodness you are safe and did not get hurt. I have always had a dog, probably partly because of this, they make noise. Even a small dog, and I think, at least, people will choose a quiet house to break into. Also, I like dogs and they are good company. Again, I truly grateful, you are safe and I hope they get some serious jail time.

Take care of yourself. flowerforyou flowerforyou

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25