Community > Posts By > Marie55

Marie55's photo
Thu 04/21/11 05:22 PM
Eileen - keeping you and your brother and family in my thoughts
and prayers. I am hoping he does well and it is something not too serious. Take care of yourself.flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Tue 04/12/11 10:00 PM
Congratulations Kristi. Grandbabies are the best. He is gorgeous --enjoy. I am jealous. Only have my 2, that will be all I have, so you are lucky to have a 3rd on the way. Take care. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Thu 03/10/11 07:43 PM
Congratulations. I only have 2 grandkids, wish I had more, but the 2 I have are great. Grandkids are the best. Take care.

Marie55's photo
Thu 02/24/11 06:51 PM
So sorry for all the families who have have lost loved ones. We even have a freak snow storm going on - totally bizarre for our part of the country.

Will keep these families in my thoughts and prayers.

Marie55's photo
Sat 02/05/11 11:06 PM
I worked in the prison system for 17 years (as a secretary) until 2003 -- at the time I left, the inmates were not allowed any access to a computer that had internet access. They were also not allowed any cell phone access, for obvious reasons (planning escapes, setting up drug deals, setting up hits on people outside, etc.) -- before their attorneys went to see them they had to leave their cell phones in a locked area and not take them inside. The only access they were allowed to have with family and friends was through visitation and through collect calls they made on prison phones to these family members.

They kept a pretty tight leash on the guys when I worked there, the officers work hard to keep staff, the public and other inmates safe from each other.

Marie55's photo
Tue 02/01/11 11:18 AM
I worked in the prison system for 17 years as a secretary before leaving it. I actually worked with the superintendent of the prison where this happened years ago when he was a lieutenant and his wife was an officer, they are really caring people. I know the prisons put safety as priority -- but also know with "budget cuts" etc., and cut backs that things were getting tight.

I can only imagine the grief the family, friends, and coworkers are going through. Such a horrible thing to happen to anyone.

Thank you for your prayers.

Marie55's photo
Tue 02/01/11 08:53 AM
On Saturday night, 01/30/2011, a 34 y/o female correctional officer was strangled at a prison here in Washington State. The main suspect was a 3-striker in for life without parole.

Her name was Jayme - please keep Jayme, her family, and co-workers in your thoughts and prayers during this incredibly hard time for them. Such an awful ordeal for them to go through.flowerforyou

Take care.

Marie55's photo
Sat 01/01/11 11:17 AM
Hope this year is a good year for everyone. Think a lot can use some positive changes in our lives. whether it is "iffy" situations in our jobs, or situations in our personal lives. Wishing everyone the best for the new year. Take care. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Fri 12/31/10 05:32 PM
You an me both -- I could tell you stories !!!! frustrated frustrated

Mine even did 3-1/2 years for 2nd degree assault -- I do pick
winners myself, (something he neglected to mention), just one
of the minor "things" in his past noway grumble.

Just be glad you are no longer involved and not responsible for anything she does. Phew!!!

Have a great new year's guys. Take care !!!flowerforyou oops offtopic

Marie55's photo
Tue 12/28/10 08:35 PM
Thank you all for your beautiful responses. Jenny was a special person. As my cousins put in her obituary, she is "now in heaven and able to walk and talk and run and see the beauty around her, things she was unable to do here on earth." My cousins are very special and Jenny was lucky to have them as parents.

Thank you all again. I wish you all the best in the new year.
Take care. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Mon 12/27/10 11:09 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is really hard.
I hope you have a good New Year. Take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Mon 12/27/10 11:00 PM
Thank you. So true, this time of year is much harder it seems.

Marie55's photo
Mon 12/27/10 10:54 PM
My cousins lost their daughter on 12/3, she was 38, had Down's and numerous other severe health issues. She was loved dearly and an incredibly sweet person.brokenheart

Her family is heartbroken. Please keep them in your prayers during this time. Thanks much. Take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Mon 12/20/10 09:43 PM
So sorry for your loss. I am thankful that you got to spend time with her and say goodbye, I know how much you loved her. She was a special lady. Take care of yourself. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Thu 12/09/10 10:22 PM
Keeping you and William and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for a full and speedy ecovery. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Mon 12/06/10 08:35 PM
Congratulations to another "old timer." I hit my 4-year anniversary in August (I think). Boy time flies, as they say.

You are one of the people who keep me coming back. I enjoy your posts and enjoy talking to you.

Raising my Diet Pepsi to toast to another 4 years -- take care, Lex!!!! flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sat 12/04/10 10:31 PM
So sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she recovers well.
Will keep you and your friend in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Marie55's photo
Wed 12/01/10 08:59 PM
Thank you all. She will be back at work tomorrow. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She is a wonderful person and doesn't deserve this, neither does his family. Thanks again. Take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Tue 11/30/10 10:03 PM
Three weeks ago a friend/coworker went into surgery. Her surgery went well, but while she was in surgery, her son shot himself in the head in front of his pregnant wife (baby due in February), also leaving behind 2 beautiful little daughters. No one knows why. She is devastated, as are his now widow and daughters. What a horrible thing to do to a family.brokenheart

Please keep Kat and her family in your thoughts and prayers. She can use all the support she can get.

Thanks much. Take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sun 11/28/10 09:20 AM
Death is hard, especially during the holidays. Does your local hospital have a bereavement/grief group (ours does and it is free) and they help people work through their pain and loss.

I am so sorry you are going through this. Reach out to friends during this time, don't isolate yourself. Take care of yourself.flowerforyou

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25