Community > Posts By > Marie55

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/08/09 12:10 AM
Happy Birthday, hope you had a great birthday. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Thu 08/06/09 10:16 PM

You can't do anything, she has to. I would provide her with information on abusers and abusive relationships if you can without putting her in danger and she will have the choice to read or disregard.

She has to make the move. You have to wait and be available if she makes the move.

He CAN do something because it was said to him by her husband. NOT considered heresay.
I was in an abusive relationship.
Wish more people would have stood up for me!

NOO, what he is gonna do is get her killed cause when the husband finds out another man reported it, he is going to think she is seeing someone else and go off of the deep end.
It will not do One stinking bit of good, if that women wont make a stand. If she wont step up, Police wont touch him till he kills her.
Or until, someone kills him.

When this guy goes a far as telling people he will kill her if she leaves him for anyone else, it looks to me like the guy is maybe making the threat to the ones he is telling it too, just so no one will go near her... JMO

This is exactly how I feel too. Everytime he talks this crap it seems like it is directed towards me. This guy is a loose cannon. She called me about 2 months ago after someone called their house and went off on her husband. He was outside with his pistol and a combat knife hidding in his bushes waiting for someone to show up at his house. 3 of his family members showed up as well and everyone had guns. This is how this guy handles a prank call.

I agree with them above, if he is telling you this, I think he is "warning" you that he suspects you may be interested in her and he sees you as a threat. The guy is obviously unbalanced and a threat, but he is making sure you know to stay away. She needs to make the move. If she calls you for help and you can help her get out to a shelter, you are still endangering yourself, you need to have the police go with you from the sounds of it. That is how these guys work, they totally isolate the women from everyone, friends, family, make sure they have no money, transportation, even telephones half the time. I spent 10 years in an abusive relationship, finally got the nerve to get out. I don't know about your reporting it, how that would help, but it could backfire as they stated if the police should show up to talk to him, he would absolutely take it out on her once the police left. She has to make the move herself. It is a hard situation, hard to watch but much harder to be in. Hopefully she will get out. Maybe your friend who is the neighbor could call the police when he sees him outside screaming and yelling, call it in as a noise disturbance or if he has weapons, as some kind of a dangerous situation. That would leave her out of it and the police would have him on record as being dangerous then. I hope she comes to her senses and gets out before it is too late. You are a good friend to care, but it is a really hard situation to be in too, when your hands are tied.

Marie55's photo
Tue 08/04/09 10:12 PM
Gosh girl, so sorry your brother and everyone else who lives there is going through this. I hope the rain stops soon and he can get things cleaned up and back to work. So frustrating and stressful for him and everyone.

When I lived in a small town in the NW corner of our state (it rained a lot) we had 8 inches of rain in about 6 hours, but the ground apparently handled it okay and the rivers rose but nothing severe like what they have. We had 150 inches of rain the last year I lived there. It is wet out there.

Marie55's photo
Tue 08/04/09 01:23 AM
Fruit Cocktail Cake
Another really easy, quick and yummy moist cake is to make a yellow cake mix, but put fruit cocktail in it -- drain the fruit cocktail and save the liquid -- when mixing the cake mix use the saved fruit cocktail liquid instead of the water for the cake mix, add some water if you need to to make it the right amount. Then mix the cake mix per instructions. After it is mixed, stir in the fruit cocktail (or can use canned chopped pears instead) - pour into the cake pan. You can sprinkle with chopped walnuts, even stir in some coconut (maybe 1/2 to 1 cup - sorry I tend to "measure" by "eye") and then bake it per the instructions. It may take a little longer, so just check it.

But it makes a really moist cake with the chunks of fruit, (coconut if you added it) and the nuts on top. No frosting needed. Is great for picnics or just a quick cake for summertime.

Marie55's photo
Tue 08/04/09 01:17 AM

my dad use to make a red velvet cake with butter cream icing !drool
but he would only make it at x-mas time .....:cry:
i miss him dearly ...............

brokenheart flowerforyou

I may have a recipe for the red velvet cake floating around too, will check and post it if you like.

Marie55's photo
Mon 08/03/09 10:32 PM

Not really a cake, but I put extra pear juice in it so it is more like a cake -- but it is pear bars, made with canned pears, coconut, and walnuts. Super moist, my all time favorite.

... Yum, Marie, sounds as if a lil gastronomical corner of heaven! ... drool ...

... Any chance you have a recipe for that, handy to post? ... flowerforyou

Give me a few days, I will find it and post it for you. Have a family reunion this weekend and usually take them (they kind of expect me to bring them nowlaugh laugh) so will post it when I get the recipe out. It is my absolute favorite though. Is to die for, well, almost anyways. :wink:

Marie55's photo
Mon 08/03/09 09:26 PM
There is a phenomenon known as "rebound" headaches too where after you have taken painkillers (even aspirin or Tylenol) for awhile and then you stop, your body will rebound with headaches due to you stopping the medication. I am sure you can google this and read up on it. Any med can give you a headache if it doesn't agree with your system, but you need to contact your doctor and ask their advice.

Marie55's photo
Mon 08/03/09 01:02 AM

Washington State now has a medically assisted suicide law for terminally ill people.

I don't believe in suicide for people battling depression and feel they should get help.

I sense you don't believe in terminal depression.

People who commit suicide due to depression and do it successfully are said to have suffered of terminal depression.

Why are you on one hand supportive of euthanasia of terminally ill people, but not of terminally depressed people? I see no logic in that.

The terminally cancerous etc. people also leave loved ones behind, children who may not be able to take care of themselves, etc.

I am flabbergasted and can't see at all why the exclusion of terminally depressed people from the list of termially ill people suffering from diseases different from depression. Why only the latter should be able to enjoy the benefits of facilitated suicide?

I have battled depression since I was a kid so I know about depression very well. I would never commit depression as I had a daughter to raise and would not do that to her. I now have grandkids and I would not leave them that legacy. I want to be around to watch them grow up. I still battle depression daily, but because of the grandkids maybe I work harder at not letting it beat me down. Maybe since I have had it for maybe 53 years of my life, I have developed some coping skills of some sort, I don't know, but when I was younger, I couldn't do it as it would have hurt my grandpa, he loved me, my parents were indifferent, but I knew it would hurt grandpa so I forced myself to go on living. Then married, had a daughter and such. I have always forced myself to work to support myself and my daughter and help support the grandkids. I have thought of suicide often, sometimes daily, but refused to give in to it because of what it would to do my family, especially my now young grandchildren.

I have had suicide plans since I was maybe 10 years old, but have not and will not allow myself to act on them for the reasons stated above.

Marie55's photo
Mon 08/03/09 12:26 AM
I would love to visit Scotland, that is where my great grandparents came from. Have always wanted to see what it was like.

As far as living permanently, will likely end up in Oregon, eventually, where my daughter and grandkids are. I no longer have my dad holding me here, just hesitant to give up a good paying job and my part-time job to go to the unknown. I want to be around the kids though, miss them something fierce. But will miss this town and the beaches, but will be moving to a coastal town there, so won't be too bad, I guess. Have to sell a house first, etc. Oops, this was hypothetical, I got all serious, sorry.

Marie55's photo
Mon 08/03/09 12:20 AM
Washington State now has a medically assisted suicide law for terminally ill people. There are stringent criteria, of course, but doctors can now help people take their own lives. I don't know the details, it is reasonably knew, but I have heard talk about it. I think it is a good law as long as the person wanting to use it is still of sound mind and can make the decision themselves. Some diseases have horrid endings like Lou Gehrig's where the people lose the ability to swallow and basically drown in their own mucous, and there are so many others.

I don't believe in suicide for people battling depression and feel they should get help. I always think about the family they leave behind, their children, spouse, parents, etc., what an awful thing to do to their family. It is all the more reason to get help and fight the depression and continue living, in my opinion, anyways.

Marie55's photo
Mon 08/03/09 12:08 AM

port townsend, wa

why?
I have been there, it's beautiful..

that's why, cause it's beautiful. i went to school out there years ago and fell in love with the place. its just too freaking expensive.

It is a beautiful town, I love being surrounded by the water.
And it is small, maybe 7,000 people. Housing is very high, well down since the market crash, but still expensive. Hope you can get back her sometime Calleigh. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sun 08/02/09 01:39 PM
I have fought depression most of my life so understand life is a battle.

I care about people too and am on here to make friends more than anything else. Seems the people I run into are pretty much all users and looking for someone to walk on, and I get tired of their shoeprints on my forehead. I am getting smarter with age, but they seem to get smarter too. Almost a game with them, I guess, can't ever let your guard down it seems.

Karen has met someone and is happy from what I hear, and I am really glad for her.

The others drift in and out. I have been super busy with this other job so have been remiss myself in posting in here.

It is good to see you back. Take care.

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/01/09 06:40 PM
Terry and his mom could use some extra prayers. If you would take a minute to send some positive thoughts and/or prayers in Vera's and Terry's direction, I am sure they would appreciate it. flowerforyou

Terry, as always, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope your mom is feeling better soon. Give your mom a kiss for me. Take care. flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/01/09 02:17 AM
Oh and that article written by Chief Seattle, I live about 3 hours from Seattle. He was quite famous in this area obviously. Take care.

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/01/09 02:16 AM
When you get a chance would you do Russ' sign? He is 12/13, the information you wrote above is very interesting. I printed it out for him. I am very curious to see where he falls and how accurate it is. Thank you so much.

Marie55's photo
Fri 07/31/09 11:27 PM

kind of birthday cake???:tongue:

For MY birthday or someone else's??

for anyone's i'd assume

Had to ask because I haven't had a cake made for me in ten years or so. I wouldn't know if I even HAD a favorite for my own birthday. LOL

you can buy them you know, i get mine from walmart

If there is no one to celebrate with, there's no point in buying one.

um, i don't need anyone else around to celebrate my bday, but whatever works for youdrinker

Well...if no one is around to actually remind me that it's my birthday, I won't remember.

Most days are the same as most others for me.

I know what you mean, if I am alone, I don't bother with it myself. Doesn't seem worth the effort. Sorry no one has made you a cake for so long. ohwell

Marie55's photo
Fri 07/31/09 11:26 PM
Not really a cake, is a "bar" recipe but I make it with extra pear juice in it so it comes out like a cake -- but it is "pear bars."
Made with bartlett pears, coconut, walnuts, wonderful, moist, just awesome.

Also like cheesecake. A friend at work used to make a strawberry daquiri cheesecake for my birthday and bring it to work, was killer. Also made a german chocolate bar cheesecake -- they were to die for -- more like a mousse, fluffy. She made incredible cheesecakes and I even managed to score some of her recipes bigsmile bigsmile.

Marie55's photo
Fri 07/31/09 10:29 PM

Wow, MB, welcome back. I have been thinking about you off and on and hoping you were okay. Sorry things went so sour for you. But I am glad you came back, hope you stay around for awhile. Take care of yourself.

Hi Marie!!! Nice to see you. Hope all is going well with you....

I came back to say hi to old friends and I may not stick around for too long. But it was nice seeing you and others in here.flowerforyou

hello Ken!!!!!!!flowerforyou :heart:

Hi L....flowerforyou

Missed you guys so much from the other place, thought I come here for a bit.

Just not the same without you crazies there!!

I do hope you hang around for awhile Ken. It has been quiet for awhile. Even our poor thread has suffered. We seem to have drifted off into our different directions. I am working a part-time 2nd job and pop in and out when I can but am working nights now too, so don't spend as much time on here. My dad died in November, still cleaning up some of the paperwork and giving away his stuff, amazing how long that takes when you don't want to deal with something, hum??? I need to get it done, but then think about the typing and sit down and type instead.

Welcome back, I do hope you hang around for awhile. Take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Fri 07/31/09 11:31 AM
Wow, MB, welcome back. I have been thinking about you off and on and hoping you were okay. Sorry things went so sour for you. But I am glad you came back, hope you stay around for awhile. Take care of yourself.

Marie55's photo
Fri 07/31/09 08:48 AM
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next