Community > Posts By > knoxman

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 08:37 AM

Stephen Colbert ladies and gents. He may not solve anything but at least he has brutal honesty on his side.happy

Howsabout a Colbert/Stewart ticket?:smile:

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 08:33 AM
"If (Fill in the blank) gets elected President, I'll leave the country!"

My opinion? Anyone who says this should be FORCED to leave the country if the person they said it about is elected!

And, in good faith, I think that law should be enforced retroactively.

Anyone remember 2000?

Bye-bye Rosie, Grossanne, Baldwin boys, Whoopi, Babs, and you other overrated pieces of crap celebs who backed down on your vow!

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 08:27 AM
Edited by knoxman on Mon 12/17/07 08:28 AM

A Democratic President, no matter be it Obama or Clinton, Edwards by a longshot, and it will be one of the two/three if any, will not pull troops out of Iraq and will have to take a proactive stance against Iran. You far-left Dems and liberals should hammer these points home time and time again. They will not completely withdrawal nor ease up on the pressure of Iran, who just received nuclear fuel from Russia for their peaceful nuclear program....oh of course peaceful.

Kucinich wasn't even invited to the last Democratic debate in Iowa. Quite interesting that they didn't allow all candidates to even appear.

Second point first, StarSailor:

That goes both ways. There were some Republican debates where some of the candidates(notably Ron Paul) weren't invited. That sucks on both sides.

I agree with your first point. We'll at the very least have a "presence" in Iraq, no matter WHO'S elected president. We still to this day maintain a presence in just about every country we've fought in.
================================================================
What REALLY sucks is that time after time, no matter HOW many candidates there are, the corporate (not liberal as some would have us believe)media only focuses on about three from each side. Hillary, Obama, Edwards for the Dems, Guliani, Huckabee, Romney for the Pubs. Huckabee never got mentioned much until ole Phone-It-In Fred fell (well, nose-dived probably would be a better term)from the corporate media's good graces. Actually dumping Fred for Huckabee is considered a HUGE step up. And of course, third-party candidates are lucky to get ANY mention. As someone who voted third-party in 2000(Harry Browne from the Libertarian Party), I think this is the biggest election tragedy of all.

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 08:17 AM

when are yall gonna learn that it dont matter who "you" elect. its a different means to the same end. Until theres someone who isnt a lawyer or a polititian, whats the point?

Excellent point, Rambilldrinker

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 08:10 AM
Edited by knoxman on Mon 12/17/07 08:11 AM
Good luck with abstinance training.

Anyone here remember when we were all teens?

Anyone here remember HONESTLY when we were all teens?

FACT OF LIFE:

TEENS HAVE SEX.

Sorry to point that out, but that's what teens do. Anyone who HONESTLY remembers their teen years knows that.

ANOTHER FACT OF LIFE:

Telling a teen (or ANY child for that matter) that they CAN'T do something just makes them want to do it even more.

So, we've determined here that teens are having sex today, teens had sex 10 years ago, teens had sex 20 years ago, teens had....well, you all get the picture.

So, yes, I'm all for teaching teens about the proper uses of protection. Abstinance training would realistically probably stop way less than 1% of teens from having sex anyway. So, face it folks: They're gonna have sex, you can't stop them, so we might as well do the only thing we CAN do, and teach them how to at least make it safer.

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 08:00 AM

LET'S GO E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!!!

I know! But it should be a good game.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

FINAL SCORE:

DALLAS COWBOYS 45
FILTHADELPHIA EAGLES 7(and that's being generous)

GO DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
*****OOPS*****
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 03:29 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO
<~~~~~DANCES THROUGH IN EAGLES GEAR SCREAMING AND YELLING! :tongue:

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou for Winnie

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 03:27 AM
Romo needs to learn how to seperate playtime from play-time.

Save the bimbos(I'm talking to you, Jessica)till after the season.

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 03:21 AM
Winnieflowerforyou ,

You deactivated before you could show me your victory dance:cry: .

And I was gonna let you watch me eat crow & humble piehappy .

Despite loving seperate teams in a huge rivalry, I have a tremendous amout of respect for you, and hope you come back really soon. I--and the rest of us here--miss you already:heart: .

And now:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

*****OOPS*****

Note to self:

Tony Romo sucks when playing in front of his girlfriend. look, Romeo, the only reason Jessica Simpson's even giving you time of day is the fact you're a WINNING QB. Lose too many games, lose the hot blonde--capish? There's a time and place for EVERYTHING, and dont let "playtimedevil " get in the way of play-time!

As Mel Brooks said in Blazing Saddles:

"Affairs of state must take precidence over affairs of state."

Get with the program, Romo, or you'll be dumped faster than you can say, "Nick Latchley(sp)".laugh

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 03:10 AM

didn't Vince get saved though??

Like most "religious conversions" in wrestling, Russo's apparantly didn't take...much like Jake "the Snake" Roberts' didn't.

Three that DID however, and congrats to them, are Tully Blanchard, Ted DiBiase, and Scott Simpson(Nikita Koloff).

no photo
Sun 12/16/07 04:39 AM
Thanks, TurtlePoet. That was a very well-written tribute.

George "two-Ton" Harris will be missed, especially by fans such as myself, who have a fondness for older wrestling.

If I can ask one question, tho: Could you give some more info about this "Whatever Happened To" newsletter, and how I could subscribe? Thanks in advance.

no photo
Sun 12/16/07 04:33 AM
With a Dallas win and a Packers loss today, Dallas clinches home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Just thought Philly fans would like to know that.

Not sure if GB will do their part today, buy I'd like to thank the Eagles in advance for doing their part to see to it that DALLAS clinches that home-field. And here's how Philly will do it:

DALLAS COWBOYS 45
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 7 (and that might be generouslaugh )

no photo
Sun 12/16/07 04:28 AM

Win or lose, the Philadelphia Eagles are an awesome team. Great history. Great future. Our team fights and never gives up. Not to mention what these guys Do for the community. There is always next year. Give some respect!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

As I said in another thread:

DALLAS COWBOYS 45

GO DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no photo
Sun 12/16/07 04:26 AM

LET'S GO E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!!!

I know! But it should be a good game.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

FINAL SCORE:

DALLAS COWBOYS 45

no photo
Sun 12/16/07 04:22 AM
Remember the "territorial" days of Wrestling? Everybody had their own little wrestling promotion, which was visited on occassion by the NWA (National Wrestling Alliance)champion, who'd defend the title against one of the top local stars.

In choosing a wrestler to represent the NWA as champ, the board would look for these qualifications:

1.Adaptability. Could he wrestle any style and make the local guy look like a million bucks?

2.Out-of-ring toughness. Can our choice handle himself in case the local challenger tries a "double-cross" on the ring?

3.Reliability. He's gonna show up where he's scheduled, isn't he? He's not gonna do something stupid and get arrested, is he?

Did you know that in the heyday of the NWA(50s-80s), that the man chosen to hold the title had to put up a $25,000 "appearance bond", which he would forfeit if he didn't show up for matches or refuse to drop the title when he was supposed to?

All that being said, here's some guys who SHOULD have had NWA title runs:

1.Johnny Valentine. Father of Greg, he was a legit tough guy who was a super draw.

2.Ted DiBiase. In the early 80s, he was a prototype for what the NWA looked for in a champ.

3.Pat Patterson. Don't laugh. In his day, Patterson--much like frequent tag partner Ray Stevens--was an excellent worker who could handle himself if a local decided to get funny(no pun intended)in the ring.

4.Jerry "the King" Lawler. This was actually planned in the mid 80s as a Kerry Von Erich-like short switch. Don't know why it was nixed, rumors abound that this was when Crockett started flexing his then-muscle.

5.Bruiser Brody. Proven draw. HUGELY popular. The reliability issue worked against him, however.

================================================================

As far as the current scene goes, I'd have to not only agree with Goofball's choices--Rude, Blanchard, Matt Hardy, and Hall--I'd also like to add a few names to his list:

1.Jake "the Snake" Roberts. Obvious choice, he was hugely popular, butI guess wasn't considered for the same reasons Hall wasn't.

2.Ted DiBiase. Only guy on both my lists. And sorry, folks, I don't count his "purchase" of the WWF title from Andre the Giant as a title run.

3.Magnum T.A. I'd like to think that if his career hadn't ended at age 27 due to a horrible auto accident, he'd had been given a run with the title.

4.Richard "D**k" Slater. Closest comparison to him would be Terry Funk, ring-wise.

no photo
Sun 12/16/07 03:43 AM

anybody ever read "Quiver?" its a green aarow story written by Kevin Smith. pretty great.

I'll never read a Kevin Smith comic book story in my life for two reasons:

1.Daredevil:Father

2.Spider-Man/Black Cat:The Evil Men Do

Smith is the most chronically late writer in comics. SM/BC was delayed in the middle of it's run for TWO YEARS!

There is NO excuse as to why a limited series should be late.

Of course, on the artist's side, Smith's equivelent is Rob Liefeld.

My favorite current titles are Booster Gold and Jonah Hex. If Smith and/or Liefeld signed on to do them, I'd drop them in a heartbeat--of course, as late as they'd come out, I might not even notice.

no photo
Sun 12/16/07 03:36 AM
Look at the WWE during the "Attitude Era" which occured during the time of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. The greatest era of Wrestling ever. The main writer was Vince Russo. So, the question is, how could Russo be brilliant then and horrible now?

Simple.

When Russo wrote for WWE, he had an "editor" in Vince McMahon, who'd stop Russo from going too far "out there", such as when Russo wanted to actually have Golddust(Dustin Runnels) get breast implants to add another layer of weirdness to his character. Russo had no editor in WCW or TNA,so his stuff there is very confusing, such as the "Deal or no deal" briefcase storyline.

I'll give Russo credit for one thing--when he wrote for WWE, he made sure EVERYONE on the roster had some sort of storyline, instead of today's WWE style of only focusing on the top 6 or 7 guys.

no photo
Sun 12/16/07 03:26 AM
Loved all three Spider-Man movies. I might be in the minority here, but I thought they actually got better as they went on, with 3 being the best.

I saw the first X-Men movie. HUGE disappointment! What they did to Cyclops(Scott Summers) in that movie bordered on criminal.

Even though Hulk is one of my favorite comic-book characters(and I LOVED the TV show), the movie sucked. But I blame that on Ang Lee trying WAY to hard to be "artsy", and the fact that Jennifer Connely's a lousy actress. Am looking forward to the "re-try" when it comes out.

While not as good as Spider-Man, the Fantastic four movies are following the same pattern, where the second movie's better than the first.

Ghost Rider was far better than anyone had a right to expect.

no photo
Thu 12/13/07 01:14 PM
It's true. He beat Carlito in what they said was a great match.

no photo
Thu 12/13/07 01:13 PM
"WHEN YOU WRESTLE ME, YOU'LL BE GETTING....

A ONE-WAY TICKET...TO LARRYLAND!"

AWA Champion Larry Zbyszko

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25