Community > Posts By > knoxman

no photo
Thu 12/13/07 01:12 PM
"YOU LOVE ME....
YOU HATE ME......
BUT YOU'LL NEVER FORGET ME!"

....Diamond Dallas Page, towards the end of his WCW run.

this replaced, "SELF HIGH-FIVE"

no photo
Thu 12/13/07 01:03 PM
While I enjoyed Civil War and Infinite Crisis, I wish Marvel and DC would scale back on their company-wide mega-events. The more there are, the less special they become.

Thankfully, that's my only negative.

Right now, both DC and Marvel are coming out with some of the best stuff I've seen in ages. Booster Gold and Jonah Hex from DC, and with World War Hulk, I'm actually excited about the character again.

Kudos also to Marvel and DC for their very affordable and entertaining Essentials and Showcases.

Finally, from a guy who grew up during the heyday of Harvey Comics, many thanks to Dark Horse Comics for releasing the Harvey Comics Classics line. Sort of like Showcase/Essentials, but much better paper, more text features, and some of it in color, all for only $19.95. Not much to pay for great childhood memories. I just wonder when they're coming out with a volume dedicated to my all-time favorite character, Sad Sack.

no photo
Thu 12/13/07 12:50 PM
So, the clique's struck again, huh?

Not suprisinggrumble .

no photo
Wed 12/12/07 03:02 PM
After reading the review of the show on WrestlingObserver.com, I'm honestly sorry I missed it. Rumor is, WWE's going to release it as a DVD. If so, I'll buy it.

no photo
Wed 12/12/07 03:00 PM
And who can forget this classic from Freddie Blassie:

PENCIL-NECK GEEK!

no photo
Wed 12/12/07 02:59 PM
"I CAN TEAR A TELEPHONE DIRECTORY IN TWO,
BENDING IRON BARS IS SOMETHING ELSE THAT I CAN DO,
I USUALLY PICK MY TEETH
WITH THE NEAREST BILLIARD CUE,
SO IMAGINE
WHAT I
CAN DO TO YOU!"

From the song "Just Imagine What I Can Do To You"
by Wrestler/Recording artist Exotic Adrian Street

no photo
Wed 12/12/07 02:55 PM
"EVERYBODY'S GOT A PRICE....FOR THE MILLION DOLLAR MAN."

MONEY,MONEY,MONEY.

no photo
Wed 12/12/07 02:50 PM

All I can say to that is; at least he isn't just sitting in jail doing nothing and learning nothing except how to be a better crook.
There are people out there that have killed by car; and have never spent a day in prison or had to do the work that Little has done and is to complete.
This is what drinking and driving does. It kills. In my opinion; we should all if caught doing that, be imprisoned in some way, and licenses taken away for a moderate amount of time. Twice..no tolerance. When death occurs; no just sitting in Prison. There must be something taught. Much as Little is experiencing.

The difference in Little and Vicks is this: Vicks repeatedly and purposefully maimed, injured and killed innocent animals for profit.

Little did what millions do: get drunk and drive (knowingly so) a death did occur. He is paying for his deeds. Lets hope he learned from his stupidity.
Kat

Little's the one who celebrated his 24th birthday at a St. Louis bar in October of 1998. He's the one who got behind the wheel of his Lincoln Navigator legally drunk. He's the one who ran a red light at a downtown intersection. He's the one who plowed into a much smaller car. He's the one who ended the life of Susan Gutweiler.

"I think about it all the time," Little said. "I mean every day I wake up in the morning I think about it. It's always in the back of my mind no matter if you're at the Super Bowl or anything bigger than that. It's always there and I always think about it."

Because he's alive to do that, Little is the lucky one.

In a St. Louis cemetery, Susan Gutweiler rests beside a daughter who was killed in a car accident 20 years ago. Gutweiler, who was 47 at the time of the accident, left behind a husband and a teenage son.

Their pain, Little can only imagine.

"It's hard to put yourself in that situation." he said. "It's hard and I try to put myself in the situation whereas if something happened to my mom like that and it would be a hard situation to cope with."

Ninety nights of shock time, to be spent in this St. Louis work house, comprise part of the sentence Little received after pleading guilty to involuntary manslaughter last June. He's completed about a third of that to date and part of 1,000 hours of community service a judge also ordered him to perform. If he finishes both, after four years of probation, his record will be cleared, leaving no legal trace of so many shattered lives.

"It's hard because I've never been in trouble," Little says. "Not a problem kid or anything like that so when you're in the legal system like that, it's always hard on a person for the first time to go through some things like that."

Little's back playing football after the NFL suspended him for eight games as punishment for his actions. Bill Gutweiler, Susan's husband, is also back on the sidelines. As an assistant to a Sports Illustrated photographer, he was at the TWA Dome for the NFC Championship game. Little never encountered him there and would not have known what to say if he had.

"That's a hard question. I just, that's a really hard question," he says pausing as he speaks. I mean, hopefully him and me can sit down and get some things resolved."

With Little getting ready for the Super Bowl far away from a tragedy that's marked in stone back in St. Louis, that may be too much to ask.

Wish I could see the Little tragedy with the same rose-colored glasses as you, Scattrbrainflowerforyou . Apparantly, you've chosen to followe the script provided by the corporate media, which calls for the protection of celebrities at all times. Little got a sentence of 90 NIGHTS--that's right--NIGHTS. He was allowed out during the days to do whatever, and only had to report to jail at night. His actions immediately following the crash weren't reported by the corporate media, and if most people knew what he did, he'd most likely not be alive today.

no photo
Wed 12/12/07 02:43 PM
Sorry, folks, I've gotta agree with Sylvia Browne on this one:

When asked why the Mayan Calendar ends on Dec. 21,2012, she replied,

"I guess when the Myans was writing their calendar, and got to that date, they either ran out of pen or paper."

no photo
Wed 12/12/07 02:36 PM
*WHEW*

After reading these three pages......

.....where can I go to ask about getting rid of the "quote" feature?grumble laugh

no photo
Tue 12/11/07 09:43 AM
Edited by knoxman on Tue 12/11/07 09:45 AM

mad i'm sorry but that's not right and not fair that he is been drug trough the mud and everything else just for dogs. I believe wat he did was wrong but people get less time for killing people it ain't right not to mention that there are people that profit from this (PETA) but take leonard little for example (linebacker St. Louis Rams) he was convicted of vehicular manslaughter he killed a WOMAN driving drunk he is still playing football today and got less then 23 nths. dats a bunch of bull it ain't right and definitly not fair. I think after everything this man has done and taken responsibility he should have gotten less then tha otha 2.mad mad

Leonard Little is the biggest disgrace the NFL has ever spawned (and just imagine the ground that statement covers). If people knew what happened in the Little incident that WASN'T reported by the corporate media, Little would've been lynched the day it happened. At the very least, he should've gotten a life sentence, and be sitting in the can today. Just because he got a bleeding-heart judge and screwed the legal system doesn't mean Vick can do the same thing. Vick got ALMOST what he deserved. Too bad stupidity isn't a crime, that would've added a few more years to his sentence. Here's hoping Vick is NEVER allowed back in the NFL, and that Little gets exactly what he's got coming to him. After all, they DO say that Kharma's a B***H.

no photo
Tue 12/11/07 09:35 AM
Think I'm gonna have to pass on this one.

I'm waiting for Hollywood to have an original thought.

Not holding my breath for that, tho.

no photo
Mon 12/10/07 08:55 AM
Love to.....but I make it a point to work as many holidays as possible. Holiday pay is WAY too good to pass up. And, you can party any night.:smile:

no photo
Mon 12/10/07 08:43 AM
Some say Dallas was lucky to squeak out a victory.

Well, they're wrong!!

Sunday proved Dallas is one hell of an awesome football team!

Look at it this way:

ANYONE can win when everything's going right

It takes a great team to hang in and win when things are going wrong.

Dallas never gave up, as so many other teams would have. They dug in their heels, never panicked, bided their time, and executed a final drive that would assure victory.

AND THEY DID!

The team of destiny continues their march towards the ultimate goal:

FIRST TEAM TO CLAIM SIX SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS!

I think they'll make it.

GO DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no photo
Mon 12/10/07 08:42 AM

Well, they're wrong!!

Look at it this way:

Dallas never gave up, as so many other teams would have. They dug in their heels, never panicked, bided their time, and executed a final drive that would assure victory.

AND THEY DID!

I think they'll make it.

no photo
Mon 12/10/07 08:41 AM

Well, they're wrong!!

Look at it this way:

AND THEY DID!

I think they'll make it.

no photo
Mon 12/10/07 08:35 AM

WHEN IT COMES TO THE REAL ISSUES THIS COUNTRY FACES, WASHINGTON HAS A WIDE YELLOW STRIPE UP THEIR BACK..............THIS IS WHY I FEEL EITHER FRED THOMPSON OR RON PAUL WOULD BE THE MAN FOR THE POSITION.........A BUFORD PUSSER TYPE GUY...........AND THAT'S WHAT THIS COUNTRY NEEDS..............END OF STORY

Ole Freddy's just talk. He's actually worse than Hillary when it comes to saying whatever his particular audience at the time wants to hear. He's just like Hillary, both love talking about things they'll never do.

Ron Paul? Like I said, even if he tried to do what he's promised, The Senate and Congress wouldn't let him succeed in a million years!

no photo
Mon 12/10/07 08:31 AM

I would like to know when the war crimes trials are going to start for the war criminals in our govt? I hope it is real soon.

I've said this before and it bears repeating. Everyone who's read my posts knows I have no love for the Bush Administration. That being said, If Bush, Cheney, Rummy, ect., is brought up on war crimes, so should every Senator (Hi, Hillarylaugh ) and Congressman who voted in favor of the Iraq War.

Which begs the question:

If John Kerry was really "for the war before I was against it", does that mean he'll be convicted before he's not?laugh

no photo
Mon 12/10/07 08:26 AM
It's simple arithmetic:

OBAMA + OPRAH = WHO FREAKING CARES!

Oprah may be the most popular person on daytime TV. But, I'll guarantee you that there's even more people out there that despises her.

After all, Oprah committed one of the most henious crimes known to the world of television:

SHE GAVE US DR. PHIL!grumble

Millions of Americans can never forgive her for THAT!laugh

no photo
Mon 12/10/07 08:18 AM
The Democrat's biggest sin is collectively "rolling over and playing dead" instead of putting up a stronger battle versus the Bush Administration. Funny how when the Republicans controlled the Senate and House, Bush spent government money like a drunken oilman.....err, wait, bad analogylaugh . But suddenly, now that Democrats control them, he's suddenly "Mr. Fiscal Responsibility". Politics as usual, I guess. It's been going on for decades with a different cast of characters, I don't see it ending in the forseeable future.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25