Community > Posts By > DocHolidazed

no photo
Mon 12/26/16 12:21 PM
Outside of football, it's been a long Christmas weekend and Monday of bad marathons. Except for today, AMC is rr-airing the Breaking Bad series. Finally a good marathon.

no photo
Mon 12/26/16 12:05 PM

The NBA is a joke nowadays. No suspense. No competitive balance. Do you want me to tell you the two teams that will be in the finals or do you already know? The finals aren't until June. Wake me up when Golden State and Cleveland have their rematch in June. yawn
Couldn't agree more. Loved it during the Bird/Magic/MJ era(s), now there's zero parody, the season's way too long, and too many best of sevens (nothing but a money maker, same with the MLB). As a a matter of fact, I'm about done with all pro sports. There is no team loyalty. Play in one city a couple of years then move on to whoever is willing to pay more.

no photo
Mon 12/26/16 05:53 AM

I am proud of him the way he just came out of pit and win the election
Kudos OP. Despite obvious bloviatng by the alphabet media and OTHERS who said Trump "had no chance', "she's ahead by 10 points", "it will be an early night", blah blah blah blah blah, he out-strategized and just plain out worked Clinton who acted like election night was supposed to be her coronation night.
Trump saw a challenge, set a goal, busted his rear end, and won the biggest upset in U.S. presidential election history. That's some 100℅, American as apple pie success right there.
If that work ethic continues as he attacks America's problems, we'll be just fine. To be fair, he'll have to deal with that same bloviatng media and OTHERS as he did with the election, but that just comes with presidential territory.
He won, that's the bottom line, just enjoy melt day 48 drinker

no photo
Sun 12/25/16 04:13 PM

^ She approves of this thread laugh drinker

no photo
Sun 12/25/16 01:26 PM
That Christmas tin should be required by law to hold an endless supply of chocolate marshmallow fudge.

no photo
Sat 12/24/16 10:35 PM

When the 10mm first came out it looked really good to me. I knew a guy who was approved to carry one. He did a lot of testing with it. An HK maybe. Not really sure but there were problems. So he switched to something else. I have read that now a days the 10mm is loaded down close to 40 S&W or a ways down from what it came out at to achieve reliability. I don't know the details. Just what my broken down old rememberer, remembers. Seems to me that some folks make hot 10mm ammo but like 9mm+p ammo a lot of folks say not to use it.

Thing is a pistol has to be tuned for a narrow range of pressure to function properly. To much or to little and you have problems. Now a revolver is a whole different thing. I can load my ammo way down to where the bullet is going so slow it will tumble and key hole the target. I also have super hot 300 gr. .45 LC data that will only safely fire from my 94 Winchester or my old model Vaquero.

I really like a revolver. .357 is my favorite. I can load and shoot .38 spl. at the range and have .357 magnum power for carry. When I camp in the mountains or desert I carry at least 2 with me. The .357 for a rabid small varmint. And the Vaquero with the super hot .300 gr. loads for Black Bear. Of course lots of folks like .44 mag.

But as I get older my hands have trouble shooting a double action revolver at the range for more than a half hour or so. So I'm in search of a nail driving range pistol, and like you I do like the 1911 style. That Kimber really looks good.

You are totally correct that the 10mm has been, well, light loaded, by alot of ammo manufacturers. Which is kind of ridiculous in my opinion, you may as well stick to a .40SW in that case. Luckily some manufacturers offer full 10mm loads, Underwood and Buffalo Bore are a couple.
And interesting that you brought up the quality of firearms that can handle a full 10mm load as I just watched a great review online of that Sig Match Elite just an hour or so ago. All steel, full steel guide rod and full slide groove to boot. May be rethinking my "non-1911 tendencies" lol.
My fascination with the 1911 is more akin to it being an American classic, I must admit. It screams "John Wayne" and "apple pie" to me, along with its fabulous grip ergonomics and fantastic trigger. Sure, there are higher capacity models like the Glock and SW M&P, etc....but, by God, the 1911 screams 'America' to me laugh And that's just my opinion and I don't knock the proponents of the polymer handguns at all.
As for the 10mm, is it needed in a personal protection scenario? No, but I like the idea of just switching out a mag of 230gn soft nose that I'm using in the woods, to a mag of 155gn JHP when I head to town.
Really no right or wrong answers, it just what one likes.
Great thread and here's wishing your powder always stays dry drinker

no photo
Sat 12/24/16 01:26 PM

Reindeer boobs or balls it all boils down to the simple fact that they are mammals. Mammals have boobs and balls.

And Santa has a new reindeer named Caitlyn that has both.

no photo
Sat 12/24/16 01:15 PM

Merry mythmas everyone
Sad you want to bring down anyone with that tired, unoriginal saying. I'm sure your self perceived moral superiority is too much for you to control though. Merry Christmas anyway! drinker

no photo
Sat 12/24/16 01:10 PM
Is that like Rudolph balls?
Didn't they light up? Oops, no, I'm thinking of the wrong end laugh

no photo
Sat 12/24/16 11:52 AM

Lady's sweater with a hole cut in certain place

Hmmm...well some babies and toddlers are more likely to giggle and eat their smashed peas if you pretend to sneeze them out.

Maybe some babies are more likely to latch on and feed if they believe it's reindeer snot.

Thanks for the christmas mammary.
'Titz the season.
Breast wishes and happy holidays.

Hopefully, Grandma doesn't get run over by THAT particular reindeer, would be a tad embarrassing.

no photo
Sat 12/24/16 11:30 AM
Edited by DocHolidazed on Sat 12/24/16 11:33 AM

yes or no.

google it.
Don't think I have to google. Lady's sweater with a hole cut in certain place? Designed to let one of the puppies out? And that particular puppy is decorated like a reindeer?

no photo
Sat 12/24/16 10:52 AM
Police say subsequent DNA testing done at the Wyoming State Crime Lab linked 26-year-old Munoz to the sandwich.
I don't buy it. Pretty sure if Munoz done it, he wouldve left behind a taco.

no photo
Sat 12/24/16 10:30 AM
And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord
appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with great fear.
And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”

Merry Christmas!

no photo
Fri 12/23/16 07:42 PM
Kimber has new 10mm 1911 coming out called the Camp Guard 10. May look into one as a belated self-Christmas present. MSRP of around $1200 which isn't too bad for a 1911 10mm. Want a side carry with enough "umph" for hogs when scouting for deer, and something that could double as a concealed carry weapon when I head to town. The rounded heel on the Camp Guard may suffice, making drawing a tad easier.
The Sig p220 match elite is another option, but, I'm partial to 1911s. We'll see.

The Kimber Camp Guard 10

The Sig p220 Match Elite

no photo
Fri 12/23/16 06:46 PM

Just saw a vid of a dog in a tutu, perform the "NutCracker" in Alabama...
a neutered dog...
oh, the irony.whoa

no photo
Fri 12/23/16 06:27 PM
Meet the black man who converted 200 KKK members
Good man. Considering there are 5000-8000 estimated KKK members in the U.S.(http://www.attn.com/stories/6255/how-big-kkk-is-2016), he should be finished in 2-3 months.

no photo
Fri 12/23/16 06:19 PM
Scientology The Aftermath with Leah Remini. Fascinating series. I knew they were messed up, but damn.
You watch and wonder how someone can be taken in like they are but it's stressed that most that subject themselves to the abuse were born into it.
And then you have the Tom Cruises of the world, never thought I could have less respect for him, but I do now.

no photo
Fri 12/23/16 12:58 PM
So, which game involves more kicking of the ball?
Soccer, so it should be called Kickball. You've just solved an international dilemma. Someone get this man a Nobel Peace Prize.

no photo
Fri 12/23/16 09:35 AM
dyslexic what is it !

I dont konw.

no photo
Fri 12/23/16 09:25 AM
soccer is the real football!!

Previous 1