KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 08/26/12 09:20 PM
Washington, DC....Hawaii next month! glasses

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 08/26/12 09:15 PM
Home!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 08/26/12 09:12 PM
Mr. Right Now instead of Mr. Forever, it seems. Guys that enjoy my company, and say they love me, but don't want to commit.....

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 07/11/10 02:28 PM
Kansas City ~ enjoyed some soulful jazz, tasty BBQ, a Royals game, and a little time with the FBI!!! LOL....

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 07/11/10 09:29 AM
I'm a sturdy stone castle!

The outer shell of my "castle" is pleasing enough to entice, with glass windows that reflect an interesting and brilliant array of colors; but the heart of my castle is inviting and warm, with a sturdy and strong foundation that can stand the test of time.

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 01/09/10 09:25 PM
The numbers say.......Babe Ruth!

As wonderful as you are TxsGal, I am a MAJOR baseball fan, so this fits!! LOL....:tongue: :wink:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 01/09/10 09:20 PM
The fact that the neighbors looked out for each other....and each others kids! We couldn't get away with ANYTHING, but we knew we were safe too!

Everyone is so disconnected today ~ we don't even know our neighbors anymore! I wasn't so crazy about it as a kid, but I do miss that sense of community now. frown

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 12/31/09 09:14 AM

Ugh...you again! Please stop spreading your blasphemy!rant

I already told you, I AM BATMAN!

Ahhhhhhh....see, now the whole Boy Wonder thing makes sense!!! laugh

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 12/31/09 09:10 AM
Edited by KeepingTheFaith on Thu 12/31/09 09:10 AM

Don't have any expectations for the first date. Other than that, relax a bit and have a good time.

As for those who have someone call them during the date.. if my date answered the phone during the first date, I'd be kind of turned off.

If I heard anyone ever uses the colors blue orred in a phone conversation, I'd be livid tongue2

Well, I'd see right through Goofball's "code," but because I hang out with alot of political dorks, hearing red or blue would NOT be out of the norm for me!! LOL....:tongue:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 12/31/09 08:58 AM
Hmmmm...so those rumors about you and BOY Wonder aren't true?!?!?! Good to know.....:tongue: :wink:

Hope you find someone special to drag back to the Bat Cave, my friend!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 12/31/09 08:40 AM
Edited by KeepingTheFaith on Thu 12/31/09 08:47 AM
When children are involved, the court here requires a minimum of six counseling sessions and a years time before the divorce is final. I think that's wise, but didn't waste any time filing either. It took exactly a year, which was time I spent rebuilding my life, helping the kids feel secure again, and learning the lessons my sixteen year marriage ~ and ultimate divorce ~ taught me.

I did not date because, although the relationship was long over, in my mind I was still legally married. That mattered to me, and I think it mattered to my sons as well. Rather than running back out there, for me the time was better spent getting to know ME again, learning to make it on my own, and working to resolve any "issues" I might have acquired during the process. When the divorce was final and I had gotten myself to a better place, I figured I'd be a "whole" person again and better equipped, emotionally, to start dating.

For me, that was the best way to go and I'd do the same way again if it came down to it. And the guy that came along and WANTED to date me while I was legally seperated? He waited...which made me resepct him all the more!

Now, when I am considering dating someone new I want to know they've worked through their own issues too and can be honest ~ and available ~ should the relationship grow!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 12/13/09 01:38 PM
Well, I'm pretty direct and prefer men that are too, but the usual signals that she might be into you ~ and the date ~ are:

:wink: Eye contact
:smile: Smiling
flowerforyou Actually listening to what you're saying and participating in the conversation
And, of course, there's the old stand-bys of her touching you or flipping her hair sick

Or...she just leans in and plants a wet one on you!! smitten

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 12/13/09 07:12 AM

Sounds drama/trauma filled...too much for me. But hey, what ever floats your boat, makes your skirt fly up.....

True enough...and it sounds like lots of skirts are flying up! :tongue:

Enjoy the show, Goof!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 12/13/09 07:06 AM

I'd be curious to know what his boyfriend "status" is, because it is a factor in the situation. Are they exclusive? I ask because I've learned that many guys, despite being in a long-term, intimate relationship do not consider it cheating if they've never OFFICIALLY agreed to be exclusive and only sexually active with each other. Weak, I know! However,most women think that's a given so they're destroyed when he cheats....and it IS cheating!

My opinion? Even great sex can't replace love and trust. She needs wise up, kick his butt to the curb and move on!

Funny you should ask that, because he is one of the most insecure guys I have ever met. At first, he didn't want to put a "title" on their relationship. Ok. So she actually saw an ex boyfriend of hers one night, talked to him to catch up, had a few drinks with him, and then nothing happened (this is what I am told now). So, he gets mad at her for that, and then decides he wants to make them exclusive. laugh laugh

Seriously. I have never seen a messed up relationship like this one. Oh, and according to her, he is very possessive (Duh! Ya think?). He doesn't like another man looking at her, but he can flirt with any chick he wants....and bang them too.laugh

Yikes ~ sounds like a SEA of red flags! I'll bet he even tells her, "We have a future, baby...but it's IN the future!" spock

At least they're unleashing their dysfunction on each other and not the rest of us!! Don't get sucked in, Goofball!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 12/13/09 06:56 AM

The girl here does love sex. I know because she complains about not getting enough from him...which also adds confusion as to why she feels she needs to be with this guy. Again, it all points back to self esteem for me because it is like she thinks she can't do better. Here is the funny thing. They have been together for about two months now, and this is already going on...haha!

Also, the dude is putting up with her crap too. I mean, he got yelled at by her. Yes, he got sex, and basically now knows he can walk all over her. But she honestly feels that now he won't ever do it again.shocked :laughing: :laughing:

Ahhhhhh.....two months?!?! Never mind....

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 12/13/09 06:54 AM
Edited by KeepingTheFaith on Sun 12/13/09 06:56 AM
I'd be curious to know what his boyfriend "status" is, because it is a factor in the situation. Are they exclusive? I ask because I've learned that many guys, despite being in a long-term, intimate relationship do not consider it cheating if they've never OFFICIALLY agreed to be exclusive and only sexually active with each other. Weak, I know! However,most women think that's a given so they're destroyed when he cheats....and it IS cheating!

My opinion? Even great sex can't replace love and trust. She needs to wise up, kick his butt to the curb and move on!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 12/12/09 11:50 AM

:heart: What is the first thing that pops into your head when someone says love?:heart:

Beer

LOL...as in "the beer is talking?"

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Tue 12/08/09 08:08 PM
LOL....I love that movie!!! You did capture most the highlights.

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 12/06/09 05:15 PM
Edited by KeepingTheFaith on Sun 12/06/09 05:18 PM
I admire a man that's handy, but agree with Cherie. I've learned to fix quite a few things around the house and get all jazzed when I acquire a new "skill!" I'm starting to build a healthy little tool bench myself...even a couple power tools!

Do I look as good as a bare chested guy with a leather tool belt swinging from my hips??? Not yet...but I'm working on it!! :wink: :tongue:

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25