Community > Posts By > gezasaurus

gezasaurus's photo
Sun 11/29/09 11:27 AM
The Manic Street Preachers version of Suicide is painless (the M.A.S.H theme tune)

gezasaurus's photo
Sun 11/29/09 11:16 AM
Edited by gezasaurus on Sun 11/29/09 11:39 AM

Hi Gerald, We are trying to learn ya'll dialect. I'll go there now and see how different it is.

Me, Kim and Kristi are all from Tx and we have invaded the UK thread!!...laugh laugh

Al says we are a bad influence on ya'll but WE don't really think so!..laugh laugh

Be back in a bit, gonna go see about that link you put up..

Just call me Linda please, everyone does..:smile:

Hello Linda, very different, no? Don't get me wrong though as not all the words are still in use. MOdern language has taken over a bit and is threatening these local dialects. My gran would have spoken most of these words, where many younger people don't. I use a lot of them, but my friends don't so I guess i'm the odd one out.

It's not so much the words themselves and what they mean, but some of the accents are so strong that they are difficult to understand when spoken to you.

I live in the countryside and my home is mainly surrounded by farms. Famring folk are the single most difficult people to understand. The village I live in there seems to be some kind of 40 year time barrier before you pick the accent.

By the way call me Gez, most people do. My name is Gerard not Gerald, but it's no problem, it's a common mistake as my name is not too common here. I have been called much worse in my time bigsmile

gezasaurus's photo
Sun 11/29/09 11:10 AM

this is an email sent to me... from a different site, NOT anyone Mingle2.... I did block out the name... How could I possibly resist?? smitten smitten This is EXACTLY what women are looking for!!

hi im ##### iv got more pics to thes r old ones of me but any way how r u doin im good just lookin to meet new ppl so i dont't have a job no car dui an im goin through a devorce so i moved back in with mom so thats most of whats up with me so if u want right back. peace!

No wonder I am single, so many troglodyte's in england have obviously taken to this model of luring the women, some of whom I may add are also following in the same footsteps.

gezasaurus's photo
Sun 11/29/09 11:07 AM
To finally take off my halloween costume. Everytime someone shouts Beetlejuice three times I end up in their living room. It's been so long as well that the wig has now become my natural hair!!

rofl

gezasaurus's photo
Sun 11/29/09 11:05 AM
I would be a 100ft monster that breathes fire and can only survive by drinking ale and whisky.

Not sure what I would be in the virtual room though bigsmile

gezasaurus's photo
Sun 11/29/09 11:02 AM
What turns me on?

Creatively, it has to be a walk in the Peak District national park to get away from all the disctractions of life.....

What really turns me though on is the coin operated button in the back of my head. For just £1 you get an hour my inane rantings, bargain!

gezasaurus's photo
Sun 11/29/09 10:56 AM
I too have upgraded on other websites just to find it's a bit of a rip off! This site seems to be fine though as it is, without upgrading.

gezasaurus's photo
Sun 11/29/09 10:53 AM
Edited by gezasaurus on Sun 11/29/09 10:54 AM
How do all

Nah den, how's thee all diddlin? a big ey up from Yorkshire!

I was wondering about people from the UK on these forums. Not too many about. Glad this part of the forum is up an running. I wll certainly pop in when I can.

On the subject of language and accents, for a country so small we have such a varied language within our mother tonge. Many local dialects confuse even those that live in the same country.

I live in Sheffield, South Yorkshire and will sound completely different from someone in the south, west and north. The strange thing is, even within Yorkshire there are more local dialects that vary from city to city. I speak differently from those in Barnsley, which is a small town only 9 miles from me. I love having arguments on how word should be pronounced and what certain items are called.

Anyway, have a look at these http://www.yorkshire-dialect.org/dictionary.htm if you want an english lesson that will truly confuse you. These are words taken from the Yorkshire dialect. There are some words I have never heard of in here as they are used in another part of Yorkshire!

Now i'm going to teem some ale in my tankard and sup it up.

sithee

Gerard :banana:

gezasaurus's photo
Fri 11/27/09 12:07 PM
What if you had the same name as the ex........alarm bells ringing or coincidence?

gezasaurus's photo
Fri 11/27/09 11:49 AM

I dont want to be hung upside down naked in the middle of the desert and have Russian dissidents burn my nipples with a magnifying glass.

Then my good sir, we are very different! tongue2

I don't want penguins to take over the world, but I just can't help think that they're planning something!

gezasaurus's photo
Fri 11/27/09 11:45 AM
Nope, but then I don't make myself too available either!

gezasaurus's photo
Fri 11/27/09 11:43 AM
I would

A good friend can always tell you what you are doing wrong in a minute. However, they may not seem such a good friend after.

gezasaurus's photo
Thu 11/26/09 01:22 PM
Thanks for the tip there. Have added a bit more to that.

Will carry on posting in the forums.

Thanks

G

gezasaurus's photo
Thu 11/26/09 12:52 PM

hah. I'm used to DC, so really tall buildings are not something I see often. That being said, I love getting out of the DC area to visit big cities like that.

Sorry, DC? Is that DC the state or am I missing something here?

Not many big cities have tall buildings over here. I live in the 4th biggest city in England and we only have three what I would call tall buildings by our standards. London probably has the most but only in the city where the banks are.

gezasaurus's photo
Thu 11/26/09 12:47 PM
Edited by gezasaurus on Thu 11/26/09 12:48 PM
Well as the title says, i'm new to the online way of life. Well, in terms of sites like this anyway. I have joined forums before, but they were for sports leagues I played in.

Any ratings/guidance on my profile would be appreciated!

Thanks

Gerard

gezasaurus's photo
Thu 11/26/09 12:42 PM
I once brewed my own ale. It was horrible, but I finished it anyway. Can't waste alcohol!

gezasaurus's photo
Thu 11/26/09 12:29 PM
Last listened to, Manic Street Preachers: You stole the sun from my heart.

Now listening to, The Baghdaddies: We Try.

gezasaurus's photo
Thu 11/26/09 12:26 PM

I've been a resident in 3 countries (US, Canada, England)bigsmile

Where were you in England?

and to keep on the topic, I also love real ale. None of this lager rubbish!

gezasaurus's photo
Thu 11/26/09 12:19 PM

sad2

Hello to you G from the USA flowers It sounds like the work you are doing is helpful even if for only a few. I think the recession/depression is worldwide sad2 May better times start soon flowerforyou

Indeed you are right, it is a worldwide problem we are facing. Surprisingly (even to me) my work is helping many dispite the difficulties and pressures in the country. However, it doesn't mean all can be helped and some of those we speak to are beyond the help we can offer and have to look on how to start a new life. Sadly a fellow charity in my city has had the plug pulled and more people are losing their jobs.

gezasaurus's photo
Thu 11/26/09 12:13 PM
I love Scotch whisky.....i'm drinking some right now :smile: