Community > Posts By > USmale47374

USmale47374's photo
Sat 09/22/12 10:49 PM
You believe that Romney stands even the slightest chance of winning? I think you're more likely to need a retirment home than Obama. :laughing:

USmale47374's photo
Fri 09/21/12 07:01 AM
I plead the Fifth. :laughing:

USmale47374's photo
Fri 09/21/12 06:59 AM
Welcome to Mingle2.

USmale47374's photo
Fri 09/21/12 06:54 AM
I know English pretty well. I earned a BA in it with honors and high distinction. I learned the origin of some "colorful" English words, and I also have an English half-sister who I've never heard use that word in any form aside from the one that's also used by Americans. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

USmale47374's photo
Wed 09/19/12 03:24 PM

This is straight forward country thinking...

Which side of the fence?

If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A Democrat wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Democrats demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A Democrat demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".

Joe McCarthy would be proud of you and Foxworthy.

USmale47374's photo
Tue 09/11/12 08:55 PM
While Yonaguni may be a man-made, the majority of geogogists and anthrologists still believe it to be a natural formation. Yes, I've seen it. Yes, it's impressive, but don't you think it odd that not one made-made object has been found at that site? Just a little food for thought.

USmale47374's photo
Sat 09/08/12 11:05 AM
Obama will receive my vote, no doubt about it. Progress has been slow, so far, but it's still progress, and I certainly don't want government sticking its nose in the private affairs of individual citizens.

USmale47374's photo
Sat 09/08/12 10:55 AM
Y'all can do as you like, but Obama and the Democrats will be receving my vote. Seems like the obvious choice to me.

USmale47374's photo
Fri 09/07/12 05:31 PM
Hello. Welcome to ALT.

USmale47374's photo
Sat 09/01/12 11:16 AM
I was already aware of these facts, but it's a great article. I hope that everyone reads it.

USmale47374's photo
Sat 09/01/12 11:12 AM
If you trust Consumer Reports--I do--you'll buy the Sportage. It will cost you less to drive and has a much better repair recond. Personally, though, I wouldn't buy either. I just bought a Toyota Corolla and was down to the point prior to buying it that I was was only intersted in Honda or Toyota.

USmale47374's photo
Sat 09/01/12 07:07 AM
Romantic love is fleeting. It rarely lasts more than a few years, often less. For a relationship to last, it has to be built of more than that.

USmale47374's photo
Thu 08/30/12 11:42 AM

Oh and the bank and auto bailouts were both signed by Bush in 2008. They were not Obama's policies.

Yes, technicaly, they were. Bush found himself between a rock and a hard place and was pretty much forced by the Democrats to support them after painting himself into a corner. You see what happens with a Republican President? Lets go all the back to Reagan, the President who first enacted trickle down economics. It didn't work then, and it won't work now.

USmale47374's photo
Thu 08/30/12 11:41 AM

Oh and the bank and auto bailouts were both signed by Bush in 2008. They were not Obama's policies.

Yes, technicaly, they were. Bush found himself between a rock and a hard place and was pretty much forced by the Democrats to support them after painting himself into a corner. You see what happens with a Republican President? Lets go all the back to Reagan, the President who first enacted trickle down economics. It didn't work then, and it won't work now.

USmale47374's photo
Thu 08/30/12 11:21 AM

Obamanomics did not improve the economny because it remains incomplete due to Congressional opposition. The President's plan, which is supported by most economists, will work well, but the House will not enact them. Everyone who knows anything about economics knows that a down economy necessitates increased government spendinging, not penny pinching.

So Why different record breaking spending not fix anything? Congress makes the budget and that is dem controlled.

Depends on what you mean by "did not fix anything." It prevented a repeat of the Great Despression. Perhaps that's nothing to you.

Yea Let's prove how government spending prevented a great depression. USD went down, credit rating went down. Let's hear in detail what policies prevented that. What would have been it's cause. How we know what outcomes would have happened if we didn't do that etc.

Are you serious? His policies prevented to totall collpse of the backing and auto industries. Where have you been? And the credit rating went down almost entirely because of the games being played by the Republicans. The deficit didn't concern anyone until it concerned them. Go back to the Great Depression. What pulled us out of it was govenment spending, slow at first but it went into overdrive with the beginning of WW II. The US literally spent it's way to prosperity! Without that the great American middle class would have never existed. Without it now, the middle class will likely not survive.

USmale47374's photo
Thu 08/30/12 10:57 AM

Obamanomics did not improve the economny because it remains incomplete due to Congressional opposition. The President's plan, which is supported by most economists, will work well, but the House will not enact them. Everyone who knows anything about economics knows that a down economy necessitates increased government spendinging, not penny pinching.

So Why different record breaking spending not fix anything? Congress makes the budget and that is dem controlled.

Depends on what you mean by "did not fix anything." It prevented a repeat of the Great Despression. Perhaps that's nothing to you.

USmale47374's photo
Thu 08/30/12 10:39 AM

USmale47374's photo
Thu 08/30/12 10:32 AM
If they believe a falsehood, the only alternative is to label them uninformed, mishinformed or ignorant, and there are plenty of Americans who fall in that category.

USmale47374's photo
Tue 08/28/12 12:44 PM
The US isn't in any imminent danger of financial collapse, but the concept expoused by the video is valid.

Now let's see. Who will benefit from Greece's financial difficulties? That's an easy one to answer: the wealthy, much like Bain Capital benefits enormously from corporations in financial distress and, sometimes, from corporations that are financially healthy until Bain steps in.

The financial difficulties in the US can only be solved by the injection of money, money that's historically been provided by the federal government. In the past, miltary spending was an investment paid for with the spoils of war and the purchases made by middle-class Americans. Since the Viet Nam War, it no longer offers any payoff aside from military security.

The middle class has provided virtually all financial success, mostly though industry that's been bailing on empoyment of Americans for decades. The wealthy grow increasing wealthier while the rest of us suffer with low-paying jobs that don't provide enough income to buy the things that our corporations manufacure, let alone enough money to fund our retirement.

People who think the Republican party is on the right track are on the wrong track, themselves. It isn't. Their ideas will just lead to more grief for most Americans.

USmale47374's photo
Mon 08/27/12 11:47 PM
I think they're people, pretty much like everyone else with the exception that their lives are substantially more difficult. Just be yourself, Mari, and welcome to Mingle.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25