Community > Posts By > USmale47374

USmale47374's photo
Fri 10/12/12 12:12 PM
Regardless, debates are rarely marked by polite respect. Ever hear of fiery debates? In the VP debate, I believe that Vice President Biden did what he needed to do even if some poeople object to how he did it. All I know is that I do NOT want:

1. the abortion issue to be decided by government at any level. It is and should be treated as an issue of personal conscience alone. Government cannot legally mandate religious beliefs, no matter how profound. (http://www.earlyamerica.com/review/summer97/secular.html)

2. Social Security to be gutted. Many businesses have tried two tier pay and benefit schemes in the past. Those on the top tier always end up being cheated out of what was promised (in writing) to them. Ford Motor Company, among others is guilty of doing that to their retiress.

3. govenment to be run as a business. It's NOT a business. A business's only goal is to make money. A government does have to collect money, but it's main goal is the well-being of its citizens. How well do businesses care for their employees in general?

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

USmale47374's photo
Thu 10/11/12 12:59 PM
"The principle that the poor, who must subsist on table scraps dropped by the rich, can best be served by giving the rich bigger meals."

-William Blum

laugh

USmale47374's photo
Wed 10/10/12 07:57 PM
Religious extremists are both dangerous and disgusting, and that includes Christian extremists. Chew on that for awhile.

USmale47374's photo
Wed 10/10/12 07:49 PM
I think it's both sad and funny that the supporters of a man who tells lies and flip-flops with every other sentence are attacking Obama, and he wasn't even the person who issued the statement being criticized. See ya at the polls, fellas. laugh

USmale47374's photo
Wed 10/10/12 02:36 PM
Old Coke songs never die. laugh

USmale47374's photo
Mon 10/08/12 07:53 AM
Has no one read about the "Trail of Tears?"

USmale47374's photo
Fri 10/05/12 09:58 AM
Politicans are generally a reprehensible group of people, but govenment employees are not. They're just like most other middle income Americans, and they're frequently overworked and underpaid.

If private sectors workers are angry because public sector employees are paid better, they need to seek more money from their employers, not attact public sector employee. Shees!

USmale47374's photo
Thu 10/04/12 10:32 AM
Let's approach this thing from the biological viewpoint. There is only one race of humans: homosapiens. :)

USmale47374's photo
Thu 10/04/12 10:28 AM
According to linguistic experts, English is the second most difficult languare in the world to learn, right behind Mandarin. As with any language, total immersion is the best and fastest way to learn any language. If you have any English speaking friends, try to spend time with them using English as the language with which you communicate.

One thing that might help is to find a GOOD onlne translator, but most of the ones I've seen are substandard, and not worth investigaing.

Good luck!

USmale47374's photo
Thu 10/04/12 10:19 AM
Obama, for sure. He actually tackeled heath care, and what he achieved is an improvement, according no non-partisan experts on the subject. He doesn't invade citizens' private lives in pursuing abortion laws. That decision be best left to the families actually involved. All the Republicans are screaming about Religious rights. Well, I have no religion, and that's my right, so Christian laws about when life begins are best left to me and my healthcare provider(s), not to Christian extremists. It's none of their damned business.

Taxes. I believe that Obama is correct with his middle-out theory of economic growth. The key to any successful economy is the movement of money, and the middle-class is key here. If people have no money to spend, the economy stagnates as the flow of money declines. Right now, most of the money is being held by a few people who are not reinvesting it in the country. They don't want to produce things because people aren't buying them. People aren't buying their stuff because they don't earn enough money to buy then. Listen up, ultra-weathy, DO something with your often ill-gotten wealth. Get it flowing again among the people you need to have it in order to sustain your businesses! The economic situation in the US is a genuine catch 22.

Defense. The US is more than able to defend itself with far less defense than it alreay has. Romney is behaving like a warmonger. While wars once bolstered the economy, they no longer do. War is nothing more that a usually unnecesary expense to any country. Obama has the right idea about defense. Remove the problem, such as Bin Laden, without delaring war on another country.

Education, infrastructure, energy, and so much more. Obama is clearly the more intelligent candidate, and clearly more concerned with the well-being of all American citizens. At this critical time in the United States, I firmly believe he's the best choice for the future of America.

USmale47374's photo
Tue 10/02/12 08:50 AM
I'm an informed citizen, and I wish you would confirm what you write before posting it.

Social Security benefits are based only on earnings. They're not a free ride for anyone. They're earned. Even benefits paid to spouses and widows are based on the earnings of their spouse. Furthermore, everyone has to have earned a certain amount of money over a minimum amount of time to qualify to receive anything. The higher the earnings, the higher the benefit.

If anyone wants the FACTS about Social Security, I suggest they visit: www.socialsecurity.gov to begin their seach for information.

USmale47374's photo
Fri 09/28/12 09:54 PM
Why limit your hatred to Muslims? You can find pleant of non-Mulim people right here in the US who want to off you. laugh

USmale47374's photo
Fri 09/28/12 09:51 PM
Looks like you have a growth on your chest in formal attire. laugh

USmale47374's photo
Wed 09/26/12 01:14 PM
I'm sure that 9/11 must somehow be linked to Elvis and JFK conspiracies. laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

USmale47374's photo
Tue 09/25/12 02:46 PM
If Biden scares you, you must be absoutely terrified of Romney and Ryan. laugh

USmale47374's photo
Mon 09/24/12 11:54 AM
Funny as a crutch. laugh

USmale47374's photo
Mon 09/24/12 11:52 AM
Was this article written by you, or did you just neglect to include source information?

USmale47374's photo
Sun 09/23/12 08:33 AM
You don't know much about diplomacy, do you? As to our Predident's honesty, all I know that it's far better that Mr. Romney's.

USmale47374's photo
Sun 09/23/12 08:24 AM

It's not just his giant income or the low tax rates he pays on it. And it's not just the videotape of him berating almost half of America, or his endless gaffes, or his regressive budget policies.

It's something that unites all of this, and connects it to the biggest underlying problem America faces -- the unprecedented concentration of wealth and power at the very top that's undermining our economy and destroying our democracy.

Romney just released his 2011 tax returns, showing he paid $1.9 million in taxes on more than $13 million of income last year -- for an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent. (He released his 2010 return in January, showing he paid an effective tax rate of 13.9 percent.)

American has had hugely wealthy presidents before -- think of Teddy Roosevelt and his distant cousin, Franklin D. Roosevelt; or John F. Kennedy, beneficiary of father Joe's fortune.

But here's the difference. These men were champions of the working class and the poor, and were considered traitors to their own class. Teddy Roosevelt railed against the "malefactors of great wealth," and he busted up the oil and railroad trusts.

FDR thundered against the "economic royalists," raised taxes on the wealthy, and gave average working people the right to form unions -- along with Social Security, unemployment insurance, a minimum wage, and a 40-hour workweek.

But Mitt Romney is not a traitor to his class. He is a sponsor of his class. He wants to cut their taxes by $3.7 trillion over the next decade, and hasn't even specified what "loopholes" he'd close to make up for this gigantic giveaway.

And he wants to cut benefits that almost everyone else relies on -- Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, food stamps, unemployment insurance, and housing assistance.

He's even a warrior for his class, telling his wealthy followers his job isn't to worry about the "47 percent" of Americans who won't vote for him, whom he calls "victims" and he berates for not paying federal incomes taxes and taking federal handouts.

(He mangles these facts, of course. Almost all working Americans pay federal taxes -- and the federal taxes that have been rising fastest for most people are Social Security payroll taxes, which aren't collected on a penny of income over $110,100. Moreover, most of the "47 percent" whom he accuses of taking handouts are on Medicare or Social Security -- the biggest "entitlement" programs -- which, not incidentally, they paid into during their working lives.)

Money means power. Concentrated wealth at the top means extraordinary power at the top. The reason Romney pays a rate of only 14 percent on $13 million of income in 2011 -- a lower rate than many in the middle class -- is because he exploits a loophole that allows private equity managers to treat their income as capital gains, taxed at only 15 percent.

And that loophole exists solely because private equity and hedge fund managers have so much political clout -- as a result of their huge fortunes and the money they've donated to political candidates -- that neither party will remove it.

In other words, everything America is learning about Mitt Romney -- his tax returns, his years at Bain Capital, the video of his speech to high-end donors in which he belittles half of America, his gaffes, the budget policies he promotes -- repeat and reenforce the same underlying reality.

So much wealth and power have accumulated at the top of America that our economy and our democracy are seriously threatened. Romney not only represents this problem. He is the living embodiment of it.
http://www.opednews.com/articles/What-Mitt-Romney-Really-Re-by-Robert-Reich-120921-470.html

http://robertreich.org/
Chancellor's Professor of Public Policy at the University of California at Berkeley, was Secretary of Labor in the Clinton administration. Time Magazine named him one of the ten most effective cabinet secretaries of the last century.

AMEN! I'm white and American, and Romney scares me. He's not at all qualified to serve as President.

USmale47374's photo
Sat 09/22/12 10:52 PM
Romney, if elected, will become the world's greatest problem.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25