Community > Posts By > Gypsyatheart17

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Wed 01/25/17 09:26 PM
Oh honey I wish you the best in your search. I'm a fellow VOLUNTEER ;)

Take care and please play it safe in this journey. There are a LOT of fake profiles and scammers but I wish u the best. Follow your gut instinct okay?

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Wed 01/25/17 09:21 PM
Granted I have been on this site just a couple days but...where are the real men who honestly want a date or relationship??

I have never seen so many widowed in my entire past and present experiences with these sites!!
Not to dismiss those who truly are widowed but I have noticed that many or most of the men who list 'widowed' pretty much leave every other detail of the profile to the imagination. One can pretty much go down the list and almost the only thing listed is ethnicity and what they are looking for. Everything else is either blank or, "tell you later" .

Guys and gals I know it works both ways, there may be just as many women doing the same thing. Really though, if you are simply seeking a 'booty call' I'm pretty sure there are a lot of sites for that very purpose. Why bother going to a dating site?
It is unfortunate that there is so very much deception, so many fake profiles and scammers. I have blocked dozens of people for one of many reasons; they choose not to fill out a profile or only fill in a couple things, they don't include a photo (fair is fair), they begin a conversation (brand new) with 'baby', 'gorgeous' or some variation of 'you are my queen', they are across the country (long distance just doesn't work for most people),,,these are just a few reasons.

We've all been hurt or used at one time or another. We all have baggage of one kind or another. Why can't people follow the simple golden rule of "do unto others...'

I am so exasperated and honestly tired of all the phoniness. I didnt come to the site because I am in any way desperate for a relationship or afraid of being alone (I've actually had men say that to me, that they are).
I thought it would honestly be nice to find someone to share life experiences with, whether it turns out to be simply a friendship or otherwise. We all fear not being appreciated, that is something we all seek whether actively or not.

It's a shame that men (and women) can't be honest and allow past experiences and baggage to dictate every present action.

They say everything that happens is either a lesson or an opportunity. That seems like a great motto to live by or at least a wonderful affirmation to have.

Best wishes to all in this journey. Nobody said it would be easy. Let's all treat each other with kindness and honesty. Is that too much to hope for?

2 Next