Community > Posts By > Gypsyatheart17

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Tue 04/11/17 11:17 AM

Inability to make a decent sandwich.

Haha Motown that's a good one! :wink:

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Wed 04/05/17 12:49 PM

Well I think you covered it all. I also hate ask me profiles.
I skip them. But it's far more annoying when they don't take the time to read yours as well. Got to love those filter settings.

Barbadogirl you are right about the filters. Before I realized those options were available I was getting responses from everyone 20 and up. Once I set the filter for my age preference, closer to my own of course :), it eliminated that!

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Wed 04/05/17 12:45 PM

e scammers but....

IF you are legitimate and claim to be on site for a relationship or marriage then why not take the time to write a profile if you are truly looking to find someone real and seeking the same thing?

Because there are a lot of lazy and stupid people. Additionally, the ability to socialize normally and express one's self are not common any more.

That is for sure Waterloo :thumbsup: :wink:

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Wed 04/05/17 11:14 AM
Knoxville. GO VOLS!!

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Wed 04/05/17 11:04 AM
I agree with yellowrose that it can work for some but it's definitely not for me. Guess I won't say never but....

I have attempted it twice and they were epic failures. One had lied to me about pertinent matters and he was local and though I wasn't in my home area at the time I was able to verify info easily enough. The other was straightforward with me in the end though we had communicated for some time and were making plans to meet. That is when he relayed to me that he was involved with someone else. Glad I found out BEFORE meeting him some 4 hours away.

Of course trust is the key issue and that can be difficult enough with relationships that are NOT online. We just have to listen to our intuition, our gut feelings and mostly will know when something isn't right hopefully. :wink:

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Wed 04/05/17 10:52 AM
I know this has been addressed but do people really take the time to answer those who choose to not include any information on their profile? I do think sometimes it is about laziness and I realize a good portion are scammers but....

IF you are legitimate and claim to be on site for a relationship or marriage then why not take the time to write a profile if you are truly looking to find someone real and seeking the same thing?

These are more rhetorical questions I suppose because I pretty much know what responses to anticipate. :) I just notice that most of the contacts I receive are such people who haven't taken the time to write a profile, add a picture or they leave it at I'll tell you later. Of course I won't waste my time with them because I figure if I take the time to write a profile I expect others to extend the same courtesy, if for no other reason than a starting point for conversation. :) I also don't waste my time with someone who clearly has not read my profile, particularly on the point of smoking as I am very clear on that, and they state on their profile they smoke. Yes, I know that issue has been addressed too, as to reading the profile...done with my rant happy winking waving

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Tue 04/04/17 11:26 PM

hahahahahaha oh my interesting query :-)

I have never dressed to look 'available.'
Nor have I ever dressed to look 'unavailable.'
I dress to stay warm.

hahaha you guys...thinking it is about YOU!

laugh

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Tue 04/04/17 11:11 PM

Every third Tuesday of the month we hold a big group meeting on here..
However you are asked to bring one food item cookies cake whatever..
Oh yeah and you have to bring your own lawn chair..lol..

You are something PhD laugh Always entertaining...

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Tue 04/04/17 10:36 PM
Edited by Gypsyatheart17 on Tue 04/04/17 10:37 PM
Beachfarmer, Real boobs are a deal breaker?? Hmmm...ohwell

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Tue 04/04/17 10:31 PM

If she refuses to stop at the store and get my meds, denture adhesive, Ben Gaye, and plastic underwear.

definite deal breaker

Haha Greeneyes you're a hoot! :laughing:

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Tue 04/04/17 05:20 AM
As a 50 something curious to know what the fellows out there consider to be deal breakers?

In my conversations with some men deceptiveness has definitely been an issue and always a deal breaker.

For me smoking is another dealbreaker, not merely a personal choice but health related as I am hyper sensitive to that (not to mention I cannot breathe as well).

I think that I am generally accepting of most things however I also draw the line with someone who requests money (haha, obviously) :laughing::laughing: For example the fella who asked for $2500 so he could pay an attorney fee in order to collect his nearly $300,000. Yes, sure. I wonder how many people these scammers and phonies approach before they find someone weak and vulnerable/trusting enough to do such things. Hmm...

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Tue 04/04/17 04:59 AM
*Being able to laugh at himself and life, not take things too seriously
*Able to hold a conversation without a lot of prompting
*Someone with a passion for something but also following through on it, not simply talking about it.

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Mon 04/03/17 09:58 PM

In profile terms it means I have nothing interesting to say or I'm lazy.

Haha Waterloo I do believe your profile says it all! :smile::laughing:

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Fri 03/10/17 06:47 PM
Knoxville though formerly Greene county :heart: happy

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Mon 02/13/17 07:38 PM

There's a difference between "whining" and sharing an opinion, which I thought was the point of these forums. Besides I also stated that it works both ways, it's not just men.
I'm also not looking to "earn points" as you refer to it. Just seeking friendly, respectful dialogue. Thank you

Don't mind mowtown downtown whenever a woman gives their opinion or asks a question he considers it ranting or whining & takes it personally.

Haha true what you said....maybe if he would crack a smile...:):)

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Mon 02/13/17 07:36 PM

I have made a handful of lovely friends here Gypseyatheart. Even when I am not on mingle, I still communicate with them using other media.
I can't guarantee opportunities for romantic connections here but there are some lovely genuine people at the forum . I hope you stick around long enough to meet them. Good luck in your search flowerforyou

Thank you peggy122 :) Yes I think the forums are the place to be. Whether I have a romantic connection or not I would just hope to find the same thing most everyone else wants, someone who is real, genuine. Given recent experiences I think I will stick with the friends.

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Sat 02/11/17 05:41 PM
Gosh I hope so! :wink:

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Sat 01/28/17 07:24 PM

keep in mind

booty calls are a form of short term 'dating'

just the FIRST date,,,lol

even though its tagged as a 'dating' site, its also a site for just networking, making friends,, etc,,,,, I think those options are even giving when making profiles

I hope you are able to enjoy the many options on mingle2flowerforyou

Thank you Ms harmony :) for your input. Best wishes to you as well here on mingle!

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Sat 01/28/17 07:08 PM
Edited by Gypsyatheart17 on Sat 01/28/17 07:12 PM
There's a difference between "whining" and sharing an opinion, which I thought was the point of these forums. Besides I also stated that it works both ways, it's not just men.
I'm also not looking to "earn points" as you refer to it. Just seeking friendly, respectful dialogue. Thank you

Gypsyatheart17's photo
Wed 01/25/17 09:40 PM
I so agree with you and love how you state a partner might add 'texture". Great description! :)

Previous 1