Community > Posts By > JohnInAshfield

JohnInAshfield's photo
Sun 12/13/09 06:57 PM
Part 3 to follow. Can you predict the next bit?

JohnInAshfield's photo
Sun 12/13/09 04:19 AM
Oooooh ... COFFEE! Yes please!

JohnInAshfield's photo
Fri 12/11/09 05:47 PM

i have all for different reasons.. ill share one with you though lol!
it became at one point in my life i was on here daily ...

Forums can be very addictive places. I learnt this from experience. They can also be a lot of fun, providing you understand how to play.

If you are meeting people and joining social events relating to the forum then that's fine, but if you are never progressing beyond writing messages then it may be a waste of time.

I think there are more positives to forums (fora?) than negatives.

(Have you been eating marmite, Patsfan?)

JohnInAshfield's photo
Thu 12/10/09 05:06 PM
Edited by JohnInAshfield on Thu 12/10/09 05:07 PM

Here's an admission. I am the world's worst timekeeper. I leave everything until the last minute. But I intend to put that right straight away because of all the dates I will be having as a result of being on Mingle2 (wishful thinking).

But are you also LATE for everything?

Cause being always late if a very bad habit/practice!

Procrastinating about your own stuff is different than keeping others waiting when you said you'd be there...

so just wondering about the difference.

No, I do make the effort for a lady. I'm just late for everything else! At least I am reliably late. You can adjust your watch by me. Just ask me to do something ten minutes before you want me to do it and I'll do it ten minutes later - on the dot!

JohnInAshfield's photo
Wed 12/09/09 06:33 PM
Here's an admission. I am the world's worst timekeeper. I leave everything until the last minute. But I intend to put that right straight away because of all the dates I will be having as a result of being on Mingle2 (wishful thinking).

JohnInAshfield's photo
Wed 12/09/09 06:26 PM
Yes, I must try to be on my best behaviour then!

Thanks for the review aladytoo. I feel a little more confident now. :0)

John

JohnInAshfield's photo
Tue 12/08/09 04:21 PM
I felt I almost knew you after reading the profile. Very warm and friendly.

Love the photos too.

Hopefully of use!

JohnInAshfield's photo
Tue 12/08/09 04:17 PM
Agree with Yellow Rose.

Otherwise it's fine.

(My 2p worth!)

JohnInAshfield's photo
Tue 12/08/09 04:15 PM
Nikki, that sounds like an honest profile.

Here's wishing you all the best.

John (a newb myself!)

JohnInAshfield's photo
Tue 12/08/09 03:13 PM

My nipples are hardblushing blushing blushing

... and is your hovercraft full of eels?

(Don't ask)

JohnInAshfield's photo
Tue 12/08/09 02:31 PM

A man sent me his telephone number in the first email a couple of months ago. I deleted his email and wrote him off as desperate, pathetic, a loser, a possible psychotic, and an idiot- no way in hell would I trust some random stranger with my telephone number if I was him. He had no idea who else I gave it to. So yeah, to answer your question, it does put some people off, but good luck finding someone who sees life the way you do.

Agreed. Always better to be safe than sorry.

Anyway, if someone is genuinely interested they will keep in touch.

Taking things one step at a time or rushing into things: To be honest I think I am somewhere in the middle.

John

JohnInAshfield's photo
Tue 12/08/09 02:18 PM
So many replies already! Thanks all.

Yes, I can waffle for England. Like Melody Girl says: "talking too much about nothing".

Coy eh! Hmmmm. Would you like to know what I have been up to? :wink: Pretty boring stuff really today. I know I have square eyes after looking at my monitor for the last few hours!

I guess it looks like I have passed the test this time.

"repaxed" means one who has been paxed and needs to be paxed once again. Or it could be "relaxed" and I spelt it wrong. Thanks for that.

I will add more photos on as soon as I find my camera.

So pleased to learn that you were aroused too Etrain!!! flowerforyou

John

JohnInAshfield's photo
Tue 12/08/09 01:31 PM
Hopefully it's to the point and not waffly. I can waffle for England when I start! :0)

I'm more worried about the photo. I hate the way I look!

After you have all given me the bad news I will return the favour and rate a few profiles myself.

John

JohnInAshfield's photo
Tue 12/08/09 01:28 PM
Dragoness said ...

"Mine is not real. I am a bot."

Is that a real bot or just a fake?

John

JohnInAshfield's photo
Tue 12/08/09 01:24 PM
Interesting subject.

After reading this thread I feel I have learnt a thing or two about writing messages to members. Being new to this I have to admit I would not know where to begin when approaching somebody by text.

There is another angle though: Since this is a dating site it also makes sense to get straight to the point and suggest a possible date - even if it is in the first contact. Why not? What's the point of exchanging endless emails and not getting very far? Life's too short. It's far better to chat in person, either by phone or face-to-face.

So, if I offered my phone number after only one or two emails, would this put people off?

Maybe I'm just playing devil's advocate. I too would not wish to jump straight into something. It's knowing where to draw the line.

John

JohnInAshfield's photo
Tue 12/08/09 01:13 PM
I don't think talking to a complete stranger puts me outside my comfort zone. Flirting would though as I am not a flirt.

Visiting a pub or similar venue by myself puts me well outside my comfort zone, but I have been learning not to be too bothered by this lately, now I am on my own.

John

JohnInAshfield's photo
Tue 12/08/09 01:08 PM
Hey, the 80s are coming back! (just a few more decades to go)

The Sinclair ZX Spectrum and Jetset Willy! Manic Miner was pretty good too though.

John

JohnInAshfield's photo
Tue 12/08/09 07:19 AM
Wow - thanks for the welcomes folks!

This is more like it!. I am still bemused by the contact from the member who used a photo of the queen in their profile. Oh well, it made me laugh at least.

I will check the rest of the forums and get involved a little more as soon as I can. Work to do sadly.

Cheers all!

John

JohnInAshfield's photo
Mon 12/07/09 09:58 PM
Just joined but get the feeling I am in the wrong country. Are there many members in the UK?

It gets better - I was offered the queen as my ideal match! Something tells me I won't be staying here for long. Please convince me otherwise.

John
Nr Nottingham, (England)