singingmyheartout's photo
Thu 05/15/08 12:58 AM
silent

Thu 05/15/08 12:57 AM
i'm so bad with it that I find myself actally writing out "LOL" on paper when I write letters or notes to people.

Thu 05/15/08 12:55 AM
single.

Thu 05/15/08 12:48 AM
It used to be better. The merger scared off lots of the regulars that used to post. It's pretty sad. They had a great thing going and now I feel like I'm walking on eggshells everytime I come here. I've met a lot of amazing people here... lucky for me, I now communicate with them outside of this site... it's turning into a myspace... but worse...

Sigh. So very sad.

Thu 05/15/08 12:45 AM
I work on the present... work toward the future. Lots of my life right now is waiting for things to happen... I'm a pregnant Navy wife whose hubby is deployed... so LOTS of waiting... lots of looking forward to the future...

Thu 05/15/08 12:42 AM

Uh...yeah... I used to work as a cocktail waitress at a bar... late hour drunks are horrible!!!

Cindy, is that you?

No. Sorry.

Thu 05/15/08 12:41 AM
shy

Thu 05/15/08 12:40 AM
Uh...yeah... I used to work as a cocktail waitress at a bar... late hour drunks are horrible!!!

Thu 05/15/08 12:39 AM
I haven't been on here in months. I took a break for the simple reason that people were edgy and mean. Tonight someone posted a topic and I felt it was in the wrong section. I made a simple comment about it and was attacked for it. It turned into a heated argument. Apparently I'm supposed to feel threatened that the individual is an admin on the site. I've been here almost a year. Most that know me will tell you nothing but good things about me. However, the admin jumps on and personally attacks me as a person. Is that any way to treat someone? It's ridiculous. Most of the people here are great, but since that merger awhile back, JSH hasn't been the same. I miss the old site... and the fun JSH used to be. Now it would seem the site is serious and not at all what it was when I first joined.

Thu 05/15/08 12:32 AM
This site has gone downhill from what I remember. It seems that the joy of posting on the boards is gone. I used to frequent here all the time... it's lost its appeal --- BIG TIME.

People seem more edgy and judgmental. It's ridiculous.

What happened to the good old days???

Thu 05/15/08 12:29 AM

Cheers!drinker
drinker drinker drinker Y'all gotta have one for me...drinker drinker drinker drinker But Cheers... I'm alcohol free til after the baby's born... so I'm gonna toast with sparkling grape juice...

HAPPY TIMES, GUYS!flowerforyou

Thu 05/15/08 12:24 AM
Hope everyone has a lovely day...flowerforyou

Thu 05/15/08 12:22 AM

freedom of speech... it's a great thing... and just because you don't like what's said doesn't mean it shouldn't be said. People have died fighting to give us the right to speak, to believe whatever we want to speak of or believe in... in fact, my Husband currently serves in the Navy to protect those rights... so what right have you to take it away? Why does your opinion rank over some one else's???
Because what you fail to forget is that forum boards are not republics, or a democracy. These forums are an "OLIGARCHY" of sorts in that you post at the whim of those who hold the power of the edit,delete,bannination key. There are no constitutional rights afforded you on these forums. You say people cannot debate with a valid point, but you ourself have not fired one accurate salvo through that train wreck you called your "right". If you indeed knew this to be a powder keg ready to go off by your own admission, why would you have even started the trainwreck?

Why are you the only person who seems to have a problem with what I said? Seems to me the only powder keg going off is yours. Other people saw what I was getting at... and they were fine. You wanna fuel the fire... because you don't like what I had to say. Lucky for me... it isn't your board to moderate... I didn't start a train wreck... if you could comprehend what you read you would have seen that I meant no ill toward the poster of the topic. My comments were merely generalizations based on my own personal experiences.... YOU ON THE OTHERHAND ATTACK ME PERSONALLY... something that as a moderator of anykind would know is NOT appropriate to do per the Site Rules.

Thu 05/15/08 12:11 AM
freedom of speech... it's a great thing... and just because you don't like what's said doesn't mean it shouldn't be said. People have died fighting to give us the right to speak, to believe whatever we want to speak of or believe in... in fact, my Husband currently serves in the Navy to protect those rights... so what right have you to take it away? Why does your opinion rank over some one else's???

Thu 05/15/08 12:06 AM
First step's always the toughest to take... but if you don't dare to dream you never truly live. Yeah, it's scary... but if you're lucky, as I was... overcoming that fear is definitely worthwhile.

Thu 05/15/08 12:04 AM

Been good bro

how are ya?

I aint been to bad,just working on getting a life lol

Good to know

I hear you bro lol

sad thing is,it aint working to well bro lol laugh

LOL i hear ya bro ... it'll be OK drinker

As you can see i still stop by here but sometimes

It feels like i walk into a war zone frown

It's so sad ... this place has changed

yes this place has changed a lot,and not for the better.I been thinking about leaving,dont wanna leave my friends but this place aint getting no better

I know , it's a shame
dont worry guys, I wont be here much longer :wink:

Awww... Rob... but we were having so much fun!!!!

Thu 05/15/08 12:02 AM

I believe the boards here are open to ANYONE... and one of the rules is to post in the appropriate section, first of all. Secondly, don't go throwing stones at me because you didn't like what I had to say. I never discounted that this topic was posted with good intention... I was merely putting it into perspective that SOME may not necessarily appreciate the context of the post... which is WHY there is a section for religious topics. I didn't point fingers at anyone. All I said was there seems to be a double standard when it comes to issues such as this. I live with my in-laws who happen to be Southern Baptists. I was raised Catholic. If it's ok for the Christians to say "Praise God" or "God Bless" why is it not okay for those of us who don't buy into religion to speak up on behalf of our beliefs?

You know nothing of me or the life I live. You haven't the faintest clue of the shoes I've walked in or the things I've endured, so don't sit here and tell me to grow up based on one discussion. And don't think for one instance that I'm some hateful, spiteful b!tch who can't stomach reality and cries when she doesn't get her way. I speak my mind and I;m not going to be quiet just because YOU or anyone else tells me to be quiet. Who are you to belittle me and tell me I'm wrong? My posts were not insulting or nasty, they simply brought up valid points from a point of view you did not appreciate... so how is my post unwelcome when you did the same to me as you are accusing me of doing to others???

I'm a Christian and I love Jesus, that said, you are right to your own opinion. We all should have the right to remind others that we may not ALL believe in one thing. I don't think you intentionally meant to be insulting and I wasn't offended. I agree with Rob that sometimes people can be a little sensitive when it comes to the talk of God (I'm not speaking of organized religion, just Jesus)and that includes, Christians as we have seen here. Peace be to you from whomever or whatever you gather that from. :smile:

Thank you, Tracy. I didn't mean it as an attack... just that it's a sensitive thing and that maybe the topic was better suited in a place where people wouldn't take offense (like the religion boards) I don't wish ill on anyone... Christian or not. But there are ways to wish others well without bringing religion into it... that was my original point.

Wed 05/14/08 11:55 PM

go to your corners
laugh laugh laugh laugh

Orange... I've been in mine all night.

How are ya?

I aint bee nto bad,just been under my rock where its safe

how u been?

I've been wasting away in the Arizona sun... I shoulda stayed there. I come outta hiding to get attacked. I'm preggo and moody... which of course doesn't help me any... it makes me wanna open my mouth even more... like I said... been in my corner all night... tee hee hee...bigsmile

never been to Arizona,my mouth always gets me in trouble why I just stay out of a lot of these threads,once I get going I dont shut up.

I enjoy a good debate... unfortunately, the world has lost it's mind and most people who want to debate haven't got enough sense to make a valid point... but I still try. Somewhere out there are people who can handle my ideals... tee hee hee.

Arizona sucks. It's hot. Boring. And I'm pretty much stuck at home all the time taking care of my mother-in-law... Luckily I'm going to Chicago to see my family next month and in August the hubby and I are moving with the kids to Virginia when he comes stateside... YAY!

Wed 05/14/08 11:49 PM
I'm going to visit my family in Chicago next month! Then I'm moving from Arizona to Virginia in August!!!bigsmile

Wed 05/14/08 11:48 PM
Sigh...

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25