Community > Posts By > MizMelis30

MizMelis30's photo
Fri 04/07/17 07:41 PM
If you had to separate my artist side from me... you can't. As an artist, it really is a major part of who I am at my core. My soul is intertwined with my skill. It's what makes me a unique person. Every single piece I paint has a little part of me in it. I've been drawing and sketching ever since I could hold and pencil, I've been painting for nearly 18 years, continuously developing my skill and technique over the years.

I wouldn't be the person I am today without my gift with a brush.

You have to put heart into what you do, you can tell the difference in quality of work. I know I paint better when I put the very essence of my soul as an artist into a piece.

If I wasn't good (actually amazing) at what I do...it would something else. Would that not be a big part of who you are as a person ?

Being an artist has shaped who i am as a person. My thoughts, ideas, opinions... my personality and the way i see the world in a slightly different light than someone else, an artist really is who I am and the kind of person I choose to be.

MizMelis30's photo
Fri 04/07/17 06:47 PM
Weight loss can be difficult, you can't expect results over night. It also depends on how much you want to lose. It takes 4 weeks of regular exercise and clean eating for someone else to notice results and it takes a good 8 weeks to see the change yourself. You can't spot reduce. The best advice I can give is that, on top of jogging, start some light weight training, building muscle is going to help reduce the fat cells. A 10lb kettlebell to use with squats, do lunges..etc.
Jogging and running (short or long distance) is great for cardio, but won't do much for fat loss in the long run. a good combination of the two works really well.

depending on how active you were previously, it's best to start out light and build from there so you avoid injury.

also, previous poster is right, rest days are extremely important. make sure your muscles have time to recover.

//Runner for just over 2 years, lost just over 102 lbs in 5 years.