Community > Posts By > ome317

ome317's photo
Sat 06/03/17 10:38 PM
If this song has been written by someone who really mean every words he said here , then it is true that distance is not a barrier in a relationship. If someone truly loves you, he or she would do everything for you.

It never fails, never
Whenever you are near
My heart begins to glow
Feeling this way
Is so new to me
I hope it last forever
Cause I need you so.
Just for you

I'd climb the highest mountain
Just for you
I'd swim across the sea
Just for you
I'd build a monument
So the world can see
What you mean to me.
Darling you are
You are the one
That I've been dreaming 'bout
And waiting for so long
And I owe you all
And so much more
Cause you have released my emotions
And let them out the door.
(back to refrain)

Oh, oh, oh
Just for you I climb across the sea
Just for you
I'd build a monument
So the world can see
What you mean to me.
Oh, oh, oh
I'd climb the highest mountain
I'd swim-I'd swim

In that whole song he's talking about going and seeing the person he loves in person. He never talks about transporting his mental state across words, all the things he talks about are showing acts of faith and love. He says he'll build a monument he never says how. If he means physicaly then why would it matter to the person they are trying to impress. Some things can only be conveyed through physical interaction. I'm not going to lie im speaking through whiskey right now so don't be offended please.

ome317's photo
Sat 06/03/17 10:18 PM
I find it strange that people will often say things like:

Going to TAKE a shower or go TAKE your shower, I just TOOK a shower.
Taking a Bath.
Taking a walk.
Taking a drive.
Be right back gotta go take a piss.
I'm taking a test.
First you have to take the driving test.

If you ask someone where they took their bath the answer is often "in the Bathroom".
Where did you take your drive? Oh, we did a big loop around the city. These answers seem completely normal.

I've got to wrap this up, I have dishes to do. Said to you over the phone.
I have to do my dishes, My dishes are done.

While it makes no sense literally, people seem to perfectly understand the implied meaning.

Now consider a moment to understand the significance of understanding all the common phrases and their hidden but well-known meanings and implications.

Imagine saying those phrases to a domestic robot.

You tell it to 'take' a walk and it starts ripping up the sidewalk and stops and says "to where sir?".
It might register the command as a conflict and lock itself into an infinity loop as it ponders all the possible implications of the command.
Unless someone programs 'Take a Walk' to mean a specific thing.

I find it fascinating that such simple to understand implied meanings become very complex when the implied meaning is not understood.

When someone says "I'll be right back, I have to go DO my dishes" imagine them taking a hammer and smashing all the dishes in their house. We understand the phrase to mean they are going to wash, dry and put away their dishes but DO can mean anything in the literal sense.

Like common phrases differ from person to person, region to region, our understanding and use of implied meaning phrases differ.
Yet somehow we cope with those differences and function as a society.

In dating and relationships sometimes implied meanings get mixed up with the literal meanings. When that happens, attitudes can flare up and situations can spiral out of control.

I practice trying to say exactly what I mean to say. It makes communication more effective and reduces the amount of misinterpetation. Once a pattern is established slang has a higher degree of accuracy to the listener.

Have you ever made someone angry because you used the wrong words and they misunderstood your true meaning? You had to end up explaining what you meant anyway so why don't we say what we mean the first time?

Good topic thank you

ome317's photo
Sat 06/03/17 09:43 PM
It actually depends on every individual, some people can easily grasp the idea of what you're trying to imply with your indirect words, but others need more explanation in order to understand what you really mean. It's up to you to size up the person you are dealing with. Too much words or explanation doesn't necessarily mean that you have clearly and understandably conveyed what you really mean, it depends on one's perception. Some have high IQ , some have low level of understanding, some are very understanding and considerate, some are just too hard-headed to get your point. Being straight forward is good but sometimes it fails. How you convey or deliver the right messages across the receiver or listener depends on your judgement of the person you are dealing with. Communication is a two way process one has to talk comprehensibly and the other should listen carefully and try to decipher the words being conveyed but it involves communication skills as well as behavioral study of every individual.

True that, but I find trying to find their IQ level kind of invasive. You can have a high IQ and not be able to spell. It mostly matters how they can interpret your understanding of the subject. I prefer a woman with a good sense of humor because I have a tendency to pick on people no matter their level of intelligence.

ome317's photo
Sat 06/03/17 09:33 PM
I'm the second robot I wont reply unless I can figure out the implied meaning. More often then not, I will not reply to somthing if I can't figure out the implied meaning. I have a problem with me, saying things with implied meanings and it can leave people confused. All you have to do is ask me what I mean by that and I will tell you. The reason I use implied meanings is to help me find who is interested enuff to understand what I mean. If they don't take enuff time to understand me then what am I to expect in a relationship. If I do end up in a relationship I hope that they will want to understand me just as much as I want to understand them. Im not saying that I won't use straight answers but that you shouldn't try and understand me unless you want to. You can say I'm rude in doing so but women speak in so many different ways that its not even funny how confused they can make us.

ome317's photo
Sat 06/03/17 08:45 PM
I Took a Pill In Ibiza "Mike Posner"

ome317's photo
Sat 06/03/17 08:19 PM
Zelda it lets my imagination flow. While giving me a challenge of puzzles. I have been playing Borderlands but shooting gets boring really quick.

ome317's photo
Sat 06/03/17 07:43 PM
I'm thinking I just need to become a pirate

ome317's photo
Fri 06/02/17 10:18 AM

i think i should not post hereslaphead

lmao

rofl

Ok I feel like I might need to apologize im just going to be clear I relize what I said might have been insensitive. But I was just in a joking mood and I thought it was funny that he said soulmate and your username kind of aligned with his message. I didnt know if you were being serious I did not think before I typed.

ome317's photo
Thu 06/01/17 10:27 PM
i think i should not post hereslaphead

lmao

ome317's photo
Wed 05/31/17 07:44 PM
We don't believe what on T.V. "Twenty One Pilots"

ome317's photo
Wed 05/31/17 06:11 PM
Don McLean - The meaning of American Pie

- what a sad song, touched my heart

"The Day the Music Died"

Can music save your mortal soul? My favorite quote from that song.
Mary Janes Last Dance "Tom Petty"

ome317's photo
Wed 05/31/17 02:24 AM

thinking i was so dead to the world i didnt felt the massage...i slept through the whole thingslaphead

Is it time to wake up?

I wish its not time yet but i had to wake up to the reality that prince charming is not coming slaphead

I wish there was something I could tell you to make you feel otherwise. :sweat:

ome317's photo
Wed 05/31/17 01:50 AM
thinking i was so dead to the world i didnt felt the massage...i slept through the whole thingslaphead

Is it time to wake up?

ome317's photo
Wed 05/31/17 01:35 AM
I hate my brain I wish physical attraction wasn't a factor in my judgment but the thing is I see it as would you like to go to bed every night with someone to talk to and roll over and ignore them after the convo. I would think they would have hurt feelings that you dont feel that way about them. I also grew up with parents that split up and both of them decided to turn into teenagers. One turned to lust the other turned towards drugs. Im not saying they ignored us but they did think we didnt see it. Anyways its a delicate balance of physical attraction and being able to have someone you can talk to. Without communication and physical attraction things will die quickly. My parents say that money was the biggest factor in geting their divorce but from what I saw it was just the final breaking point.

ome317's photo
Wed 05/31/17 01:13 AM
Day 'N' Night "Kid Cudi"

ome317's photo
Wed 05/31/17 01:06 AM
All Time Low "Jon Bellion"

ome317's photo
Tue 05/30/17 04:36 PM
So does that mean you need a gym partner?

ome317's photo
Mon 05/29/17 12:47 PM
rant BUT I DON'T LIKE SPAM!

Well have you tryed the sausage and spam it doesn't have much spam

ome317's photo
Sun 05/28/17 09:27 PM
Going to beach :wink:

Lucky I would love to see the ocean:cry: We got mountains which are cool

ome317's photo
Sat 05/27/17 02:52 PM
Dogs are funny

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 15 16