Community > Posts By > mesmer5

mesmer5's photo
Sat 04/15/17 09:28 PM

An Affair To Remember

Good movie. Too bad though that Cary Grant only liked boys, though he was an unforgettable actor. One of my personal favorites was the Seinfeld spoof "I don't buy kisses anymore".

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 09:41 PM
Death and taxes. But that's the givens. And then a lot of good and bad luck, which some call it karma. Finally, a lot of Seinfeld re-runs.

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 09:34 PM
I like those warriors who fought for the just causes such as in WW2 where my grandparents fought. On the other hand I get turned off by all those social justice warriors, especially those funded by Soros.

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 08:34 PM
Don Lemon. He constantly gets orgasmic on live tv. And he soils his panties.

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 08:28 PM
For me this is no brainer. The Groundhog Day.

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 08:25 PM
I heard something about another Mariah lip synch fail. The last cable I used was 7 years ago and for towing.

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 08:17 PM
I heard this movie got banned from the U.N. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/12/wonder-woman-un-ambassador-gender-equality

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 08:13 PM

Well, as this is a dating site, just wondered what folks fave romance/love stories are.I may as well get the ball rolling, my favourite by far is 'A Walk to Remember'. A box of tissues will be required, don't say I didn't warn you!

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. There was definitely some good chemistry between those two.

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 08:10 PM
Nightmare before Christmas. Nothing topples zombie love.

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 08:05 PM
How many more tv shows with a zombie theme?

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 08:03 PM
I would be the one who framed Roger Rabbit and stole his Jessica

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 07:40 PM
Astrology is confusing and fallacious from its conception because the Sun passes through 13 constellations instead of 12, so there should be 13 signs of Zodiac. Beyond that there is no connection to personality traits. Those are not imprinted by the cosmic rays.

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 07:07 PM
Big particle accelerators are always a good investment. The foremost objective of CERN was to find the Higgs boson which may be based on a flawed theory. Anything else they discover is good for science. Been to Fermilab 10 years ago before it shot down. I liked the feel of those particles buzzing underneath your feet like some tiny trains.

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 06:59 PM
I read somewhere that one light year translates into 10 trillion kilometers. The radius of the solar system is about 2 light years. This is the extent of the Oort cloud. This is also half way to the next nearest star, Proxima Centauri.

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 06:55 PM
I don't know if there is any astronomical dimension to Kaaba, though there is a spiritual one. Here is what I found:

"Circling the Kaaba seven times is a symbolic act meant to reflect the idea that life should revolve around thoughtful contemplation of God and His Messenger, according to Sheikh Ahmad Kutty."

It seems the only astronomical component is the meteor placed in the middle, which the pilgrims then go around in circles. It is worshipped because it fell from the sky, and the clergy then seized this opportunity to call it a miracle, a stone sent down by Mohammed who they said resided in heaven.

mesmer5's photo
Thu 04/13/17 06:46 PM
Archeology is always an interesting read. I think I need to travel more. The only Roman ruins I've seen to date were Carthage and its Roman Forum and the amphitheater in Malaga.