Community > Posts By > gtabasco87

gtabasco87's photo
Mon 09/18/17 02:17 AM
QUOTE:

(Not a healer but I do work with small children haha)

Tech Support :)

Somehow I knew you did something having to do with children.

And at one time I was tech support for friends and coworkers lol

Picture safari guide

(Some higher being would need to divine me with actual talent in picture taking hahaha)

You have a big smile. Good food does that. You have to be a baker or cook.

gtabasco87's photo
Mon 09/18/17 02:15 AM
It's such a taboo word that invokes a lot of hurt feelings for some and anger for others.

But what do you all do?

Example, person A is interested in you and introduces but you have ZERO interest in this person. Not even as a friend. They're that much of a put off. Do you straight out reject them or let them off easy?

Example 2, person B is a wonderful friend but you have no interest in them for romantically or sexually. What do you do?

Example 3, person C is a great friend and you are interested in them, but you know that your personalities will clash in a horrendous battle on numerous occasions. Do you try it out and hope it goes well?

I am interested in how you all interact in this.

gtabasco87's photo
Mon 09/18/17 02:06 AM
(Not a healer but I do work with small children haha)

Tech Support :)

gtabasco87's photo
Mon 09/18/17 02:05 AM

Much of what you are referring to is based on how we see ourselves and other people. It has a lot to do with self-esteem and degree of delusion.

I know people that will go to great, often self-destructive lengths so they do not have to be alone. For them, anyone is always better than noone.

I also know people that prefer being alone. They shy away from all people for a multitude of reasons.

There is reason to consider the source. This is an online dating site. Most of the people here have been in a relationship with someone at sometime. They seek to have that feeling again. They measure their happiness by their ability to obtain that feeling. A lot of the time, these people think they must feel happy all the time or their life is terrible. They feel they need to find someone else to feel that happiness.

There are a lot of people that don't understand themselves, let alone, understand others. They will substitute need for want so they don't look desperate to others. You can tell the deception by the great lengths they go to while searching for their desired fulfillment.

There are people that have a sense of reality and possess self-esteem and self-realization. These people are not driven to compensate excessively. They accept themselves and others yet still have realistic desires. Online dating sites are merely another opportunity to locate people interesting to them. They know it takes face to face, personal contact, over time to determine if a relationship is possible.

I liken the condition to the empty nest syndrome. You live with your family for years and years and eventually your children leave and it impacts your sense of normalcy. You either embrace the change or you substitute it with someone (something) else.

I have seen people in these forums that are alone but not lonely.
I have also seen people that say they are alone and not lonely but their actions and words prove otherwise.
Being alone and not lonely is not a ploy. While everyone has periods of loneliness the difference is how you deal with it.

I have seen people that claim they are alone and lonely but they have others in their lives. There are a few that are truly alone.
There are many that are just horny. We say there has been a sexual revolution and that society now embraces sexuality but that is not entirely true. Being openly sexual is still taboo. Because of that, needs and wants get fluffed up to have implied meanings.

I very much enjoyed reading your reply. I agree that the actual art of sitting down face to face with another individual and communicating is almost a dying art these days (I grimace as I type the last two words). Granted, I could easily fall into the description you put for those who prefer to be alone (mainly because I do not feel the need to talk all the time).

Perhaps it can be chalked up to the idea that humans are always searching?

Well you may or may not be an "odd one," but you are not alone in this. I think that a lot of us very much do want a deep romantic relationship, but especially the older of us have learned that those are rare and difficult to find, and we are patient about finding them.

Also, never ignore casual, more or less sloppy speaking and writing habits. Saying "I need x" is so idiomatic these days, if taken literally, most people would die within the space of a short plane ride, due to not getting all their "needs" met.

From the time I was very young, I noticed that when it comes to socially uncomfortable things like love and sex, that a LOT of people talk about those as "needs," mainly because if they pretend that they ARE really "needs," that will excuse their repeated stumbling or their repulsive greed. It's one of the worst "thought plagues" that humanity continually suffers from.

I agree when you say thought plagues. As if labeling it a need will excuse them from the rudeness or in some cases, the repulsiveness of it. If it's a one night stand or something akin to it, good luck to finding it, but do not assume that another will accept it after you fed them a bunch of lines in opposition to your intent.

The term "need" has become a very fluid concept.

According to the strict definition, computers, the internet, and cell phones aren't needs, but try to imagine modern living without them!

There are people who sense that they won't feel complete without a relationship, and there is nothing wrong with that, but I think whats important is finding a way to be at peace with yourself and your life whether the right relationship comes along or not .

That's a difficult process for most people I think

I actually did live without computers, internet or cell phones for three months. Backpacked through Australia and it was an amazing adventure!

For awhile, I thought it was strange to want to be in a relationship and want someone to love you or accept you when you cannot do the same for yourself. I believe it is a quote from somewhere, "Loving and believing in yourself will free you to love another more truly and deeply."

gtabasco87's photo
Mon 09/18/17 01:51 AM
The Savior of Lives - HR!

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 03:36 AM

Antarctica

O.O Oh my...

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 03:33 AM
Thank you :)

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 03:05 AM
I see some sharing their art on here and why not? There's some amazing pieces! Figure I can share some of mine. Please feel free to post some of yours as well!

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 02:57 AM
Just finished off Game of Thrones

Currently going through documentaries, watching The Planets atm.

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 02:54 AM
haha, yeah, it seems it pops up once in awhile but it's nice to imagine sometimes.

Looking to the future is always awesome, considering what is coming out and what is in the works. To go back for at least a day or two though, I imagine it would be quite a trip.

mui887, I agree. I get nostalgic with old games and videos.

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 02:47 AM
Yes, back when I was a youngster, and I was a bit confused as to what was going on. Imagine a small Asian child standing up in the stands and yelling at the matador to quit bullying the bull!

Have you ever eaten someone's food and pretended to like it to be nice but failed horribly at it?

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 02:44 AM
I literally see a professor for humanities or anthropology. :)

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 02:36 AM
Jamaica was the last one.
Lived in Korea before that, visited Thailand, Philippines, and a slew of other places before that. Still have a lot of places to go. :)

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 02:22 AM
Big smile :)

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 02:21 AM
Let's have some fun on here for those just scrolling through the forums.

Game is simple. State one truth question and one dare question (something that can be done via forum and let's be kind here). The next person to post has to pick one to answer and then pose their own truth/dare questions.

Ex:
Truth: Tell one thing about yourself that you think is rare.
Dare: Tell one embarrassing memory of yours!

Simple enough, ya? Let's keep it PG for the more squeamish ones on here.

-----------------------------------

I'll start with a truth from what I used in the example.

I have natural auburn hair. I have only met a handful of people with my hair color that is naturally occurring and not from a box.

Truth: Name a show that you are a little embarrassed to admit watching.
Dare: Without naming names, what was the worst rejection you have ever gotten?

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 01:51 AM
I think it matters when it's a big enough age gap to create misunderstandings or lack of similarities.

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 01:45 AM
Inspirational or love story, here's one that I heard from someone dear to me that it actually happened to.

A girl went on a double date with her sister, her sister begging her or their mother wouldn't let her go.
The girl agreed and went on the double date, not knowing who she was going to meet.
When they got to the meeting place, she saw her sister's date and wasn't all that impressed but was willing to put up with it for her sister.
Then she saw her date. A guy that looked like he was built from bricks cause he was so big and with flaming red hair on top of it.
The guy scared the crap out of her and before she realized, she booked it the opposite direction.
The guy ran after her, apologizing for something he didn't even know about, and convinced her to go on the date.

Fast forward two years later.
She is dating him now but refuses to hold his hand in public.
He asks her, never tries to sneak it or trick her, and she takes notice.
Then when riding on the train together, she puts her jacket between them and hooks their pointer fingers together. He is happy and can't stop smiling the whole trip.

Seven years later.
The girl's mother still doesn't like the guy.
In order to convince her mother, he writes a ten page letter and has a friend translate it to the language that the mother spoke.
He spends months memorizing how to say everything he said in the letter in the mother's native language.
Then on the fateful day, he recites it to her perfectly, and she finally agrees that he's not such a bad guy.

They are married now with two children, traveled all over the world, and can't imagine their lives apart.

True love is out there. It takes work, in my opinion, and a lot of patience. But it exists.

To me, this is a true love story.

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 01:38 AM
Sick!

Caught a cold or something from my students. T.T

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 01:29 AM
Ever feel like you were born in the wrong time period? If so, what time period do you think you should've been born in and why?

Just for fun. :)

I'd like to have been raised in the 60s. I remember awesome stories from family about the hippie days and would have loved to see it.

gtabasco87's photo
Sun 09/10/17 01:27 AM
1. Mystique's super power that I can transfer to someone before I die.
2. Whatever I think will happen once I say, "Go."
3. Free first class ticket to anywhere, anytime, that I can pass on to someone before I die.

Previous 1