Community > Posts By > floridagurl

floridagurl's photo
Sun 10/26/08 03:22 AM
Very sorry I gave the impression that I thought :all men are macho pigs, ect.

That wasnot my intention at all! And NO I donot think that in the least.

I was trying to compare some differences between man and woman, and failed miserably.

Will leave it at that.....:smile:

floridagurl's photo
Sun 10/26/08 12:22 AM
Abracadabra,
Please allow me to tell abit of my chidhood,

My mother taught sunday school,played the piano in church service. She was the sweetest woman you would ever want to meet. Never pushed anything on me, she taught me by example. Her soft spoken words are still, instilled in me today.

My dad was another story lol. He was a good man, respectable indeed, but you did as he said , and didn't question it.
He made us go to church, and he use to go with us, but then lost interest for a long time, worked hard mostly.

I wish I had stuck with what was instilled in me , a solid christian, church upbringing.
Sure, as chidren do, I went astray, and found out about life, and people the hard way at times.But, I can only choose what I do, not what the other person does, and it WAS my choice to make the choices I did, and I had to take responsibility for that choice.
No, God doesn't do everything for us, we have free will to choose, learn from our mistakes.I do have the choice to learn from my failures,not place blame on others.

Yes, you are very correct, also we do indeed live in a negative society. Its called "the world' in which we live in.

And if we don't have someone, something POSITIVE to belive in, we are doomed from the start.I choose Jesus Christ, Lord,Saviour and always will til the day my physical spirit leaves, dies.
For I, my soul belongs to HIM.

You say,
It's wrong to show affection or to be affectionally interested in the opposite sex. God will be very angry with you if you do that.
There is a respectable way to show affection.
God is all about love.

Let's be frank, woman are emotional, men are physical .A man has a difficult time when a woman moves too fast for him with her emotional passions, while a woman has a difficult time when a man moves too fast with his physical passions
Neither are wrong, its the way it is, and always will be.The irony is that both come from the same experience. When passion is expressed, a man is primarily addressing a physical need, while a woman is primarily addressing an emotional need.
OK , Sorry I am getting off topic. I could go on and on lol.

I certainly can't say children were taught lies,
maybe more from the old school, just as our parents were, but today no.
Taught in a different manner,but not brainwashed.
That sounds more like a cult to me.

As far as God sending us our soulmates, it is again our choice who we pick to date, or marry.
That goes back to being taught good clean moral values. And it would be childish to blame parents, or anyone for who we pick.

No where in any church I have been to is it taught that God will pick,choose,or any of the things you have said.

And no , I truly am sorry you have heard , or think children are being taught that showing affection out of marriage is wrong.
If you mean having physical relations before marriage, well that is indeed a whole other story.

I will post a whole other topic about that.
Bet you can't wait LOL.

Thank you for your reply Abracadabra,
I do appreciate your views.smile2

floridagurl's photo
Sat 10/25/08 05:10 PM
Edited by floridagurl on Sat 10/25/08 05:10 PM
Gee , you think you could be anymore negative ??

I feel sorry for you that your the one that only see the negative,sadness, downer, aspect .

Says alot about you......

floridagurl's photo
Sat 10/25/08 03:24 PM
HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY? (Written by kids)

You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming.

-- Alan, age 10

No person really decides before they grow up who they're going to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out later who you're stuck with.

-- Kristen, age 10

WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED?

Twenty-three is the best age because you know the person FOREVER by then.

-- Camille, age 10

WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?

Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough.

-- Lynnette, age 8 (isn't she a treasure?)

The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to mess with that.

-- Curt, age 7

The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them and have kids with them. It's the right thing to do.

-- Howard, age 8

HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN'T GET MARRIED?

There sure would be a lot of kids to explain. -- Kelvin, age 8

And the #1 Favorite is.......

HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK ?

Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck.

-- Ricky, age 10

floridagurl's photo
Wed 05/07/08 03:33 PM
Sam54,
With all due respect,

I Didn't comment on your reply
so please don't for mine.

But since you have,

My God (Lord) To Me
Gave His Only Son
( Jesus Christ )

Whom Which I Belive Died
On The Cross For My Sins

So That I May Have Enternal Life

That Is Who God Is To Me

The Other Person You Speak OF IS
MY "Dad", Not My 'Father".

God Bless
In Jesus Name

floridagurl's photo
Wed 05/07/08 06:56 AM
HE Is "Our Father In Heaven'

For I Belive I Am Nothing Without Him

floridagurl's photo
Mon 05/05/08 05:27 AM
:smile: Yeah, would have to agree

floridagurl's photo
Mon 05/05/08 04:14 AM
Top Of The Mornin To Ya ALL :smile:

floridagurl's photo
Tue 01/01/08 06:52 PM
AMEN

IAMCONVIDENT

floridagurl's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:10 PM
I feel so touched when I hear of caring ,loving still showed in familes.

God Bless you

floridagurl's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:04 PM
THE CRUCIFIXION

The Apostle John, with Mary the mother of Jesus, Ruth, and Jude, arrived on the scene just after Jesus had been hoisted to his position on the cross, and just as the captain was nailing the title above the Master's head. John was the only one of the eleven apostles to witness the crucifixion, and even he was not present all of the time since he ran into Jerusalem to bring back his mother and her friends soon after he had brought Jesus' mother to the scene.

THOSE WHO SAW THE CRUCIFIXION

At about half past nine o'clock this Friday morning, Jesus was hung upon the cross. Before eleven o'clock, upward of one thousand persons had assembled to witness this spectacle of the crucifixion of the Son of Man. Throughout these dreadful hours the unseen hosts of a universe stood in silence while they gazed upon this extraordinary phenomenon of the Creator as he was dying the death of the creature, even the most ignoble death of a condemned criminal.
Standing near the cross at one time or another during the crucifixion were Mary, Ruth, Jude, John, Salome (John's mother), and a group of earnest women believers including Mary the wife of Clopas and sister of Jesus' mother, Mary Magdalene, and Rebecca, onetime of Sepphoris. These and other friends of Jesus held their peace while they witnessed his great patience and fortitude and gazed upon his intense sufferings.

floridagurl's photo
Tue 01/01/08 11:04 AM
:smile:
Good for you ,Mike !!!
If more 19 yr olds thought like you ,
that in itself would make a big difference.

Very well said !!

God Bless You

Have a Wonderful,Happy New Year & Always

floridagurl's photo
Mon 12/31/07 05:04 PM
John was the only one of the eleven apostles to witness the crucifixion.

floridagurl's photo
Sun 12/30/07 08:18 PM
My prayers are with you and your boy, friends,and family.

floridagurl's photo
Fri 12/28/07 09:53 AM
Whats the name of the movie,please ?

floridagurl's photo
Sat 12/22/07 01:05 PM
Wishing Each And Everyone Of You

A Very Merry Christmas

Filled With Joy And Laughter

Blessings Thur Out The Whole Year:heart: :smile:

floridagurl's photo
Sun 11/18/07 10:43 PM
AMEN:smile:

floridagurl's photo
Sat 11/17/07 11:36 PM
opps I meant to say , judge NO ONE .

floridagurl's photo
Sat 11/17/07 11:34 PM
I have to comment on this situation,

This guy has just found out his ladyfriend has has sex the weekend before with his best friend.
Of course he is going to feel alot of emotion, sadness,confussion,hurt,betrayal,anger.

So the best thing he thought to do was leave, probably before he said something at that time to make the situation worse.

His ladyfriend is the one that chose to OD, that was her actions.

And now that she is in the hospital , most are under 24 watch after attemping suicide. He can't go to see her.
Ans even when she is able to talk, I am sure the doctors will have restrictions on who she sees. For her own sake.
She probably won"t beable to see anyone other than family members for a while.

And I think he handeled the situation better than most , at such an early age!!

I will pray for all involved, and judge anyone.

God Bless

floridagurl's photo
Mon 09/24/07 10:55 PM
t'nac be taht dard. htiw rellams secnetnes lol

Previous 1