Community > Posts By > appleparfait

appleparfait's photo
Sun 05/14/17 07:21 AM

Good people, is it not possible to fall in love more than once? I have dated someone in the past, and we blokeup. Now I had someone, and I didn't love her as much as I did the first one. Now that we are apart, I have found someone else, and that feeling I had for the first lady is there again. But it happened when our eyes met.

I dont know that i would trust love at first sight.

I call it infatuation. Lust. Fantasy.

Many years ago i met Someone and he told me he loved me. I asked why?
He said what do you mean why? Because i loved you since i laid eyes on you.
I told him he's in love with a fantasy.
I told him hold on to those words until you know me. My life. My hopes. My fears. My dreams. The side of me that can sometimes be an A hole.
When you learn who i am, if you still love me, then it will mean something.
Many months later he said the words again and knew the difference and it was more than the empty words from the beginning

I agree that it isn't possible to love someone without getting to know them. It is possible to feel something without getting to know someone. However, relying solely on a feeling to make the decision of whether or not you are in love will lead to constantly chasing that feeling. The person becomes unimportant. As long as the feeling is there, it won't matter what the circumstances are or who the person is as a person.

appleparfait's photo
Sat 05/06/17 12:51 PM

I don't think so, I know so smooched smitten

I think I'll know one day. I'm not there yet.

appleparfait's photo
Sat 05/06/17 12:33 PM
I don't believe love exist to heal. If something is broken, love does not make it whole. Love can exist in the worst of situations. However, it won't fix a bad situation. In that case, love is more an additive than a transformer. You can add it to something but it won't but you're still ultimately left with what you started with.

appleparfait's photo
Sat 05/06/17 12:21 PM

Some people like me are just shyblushing

I'm a shy person but I like posting in forums. Even though I don't bring much to the conversation. It is still a little fun.

appleparfait's photo
Sat 05/06/17 11:56 AM
I think love exist but it isn't the Hollywood version. I think each individual has their own definition and expectation.

In my view, love is something that can be inferred by someone's behavior over time. It is difficult to hide and difficult to fake for prolonged periods of time.

appleparfait's photo
Sat 05/06/17 11:50 AM
I think it is one thing to use money and it is another to do whatever it takes to get money. As long as someone isn't willing to to sacrifice their morals or the lives of others for money, they do not worship money.

I think that saying you can't buy what faith in God can bring you is actually talking about the inability to buy your way into the kingdom of God. It does not apply to anyone who has a different religion or does not practice any religion.

appleparfait's photo
Fri 05/05/17 06:58 PM
I care when I can understand the situation. If I don't understand the situation it is difficult for me to understand what I should be concerned about.

After a conversation about the situation with someone affected I'll decide whether I would feel concerned in that situation. Hearing someone's story about the situation works too. However, it does not work if the person talking about the situation has never been in that situation.

appleparfait's photo
Fri 05/05/17 06:50 PM
Maybe it is easier to simulate meeting someone off the street if there is at least a picture. When you meet someone in real life you get to at least see what they look like.

In the case of blank profiles. It might be hard to start a conversation without knowing anything about the person.

appleparfait's photo
Wed 05/03/17 06:37 PM

If it were you and you were faced with this, how would you handle it?

This is the scenario. A person that you know and have come to love has a friend of the opposite sex that lives with them. Nothing goes on between then sexually at all. It's totally platonic between them. This person is in their 60's and they have no real family to speak of. Nowhere to go at all.

The person you've come to love, you want to marry her/him. But, it's a package deal. You get his/her friend too. What do you do? Do you tell him/her that the friend that's getting old and already has health problems that if they want to get married that the friend has to go? Even though you know that you are kicking out a person that has nowhere to go?

OR, do you play it cool? Marry the man/woman and accept his/her friend and make a place for the friend to live? Like, maybe, outside you and your spouse home. But on the same property?

Remember now, if you kick this person out, their health isn't bad. But not great either. (This person has severe pain almost every day. They take several meds daily just to be able to function.) And the person will be living alone with no one to watch her/him. What do you do?

I would marry the person and include the 60+ year old as part of our lives.

The 60+ year is old is a person. I assume this person has feelings and a personality. They are not furniture, an animal, or a robot. They seem to be treated like a family member so I would treat them that way. I would try to make them feel welcome and respected.

appleparfait's photo
Wed 05/03/17 10:33 AM

I was 8 years older than my x.
My acceptance range is 10 years younger and 10 years older.
My preference is 5 years younger and 5 years older.
My ultimate match, age-wise is my exact age.

While age difference does have some significance in match qualifications it is the personality match that I seek.

If I was just looking for sex, any lady over 18 would be 'game'.
Since I am not looking to reproduce my genetic line, sex is not my driving factor in a match. Sex is important to the relationship but not the reason for it.

Dating a woman under 45 would be like dating one of my kids friends. To me, that is just not right. Not only do we have different morals and values, our maturity and wisdom levels are different. There must be commonality so we click together.

What works for me may not be what works for everyone. Understand that we are all different. I suggest you set a range and stick to it. After-all, I would be more interested in a woman that has set values in life than one that goes headlong into things without understanding herself.

What a thoughtful response.

appleparfait's photo
Wed 05/03/17 04:33 AM
This is just a poll. I've already made my decision to date near my age.

appleparfait's photo
Tue 05/02/17 07:11 PM
Waiting for marriage is a personal choice. I don't think sex is as important as it may seem. However, it is difficult to convince someone if they don't have that mindset.

appleparfait's photo
Tue 05/02/17 06:54 PM

Is it normal to date near your age? I'm interested in men under 30 near my age but I've received messages from older men more. It's just an observation.

Are you asking for approval?
Nirmal is often substituted for standard procedure.
Do what you think is best for you.

Just wanted to check if anyone else wanted to date in their age range or if it was just me. It seems to be leaning toward just me.

appleparfait, it doesn't matter if it is just you as long as you are doing what is best for you.

Time will tell I suppose.

appleparfait's photo
Tue 05/02/17 06:46 PM

Is it normal to date near your age? I'm interested in men under 30 near my age but I've received messages from older men more. It's just an observation.

Are you asking for approval?
Nirmal is often substituted for standard procedure.
Do what you think is best for you.

Just wanted to check if anyone else wanted to date in their age range or if it was just me. It seems to be leaning toward just me.

appleparfait's photo
Tue 05/02/17 04:29 PM

Why people rely on dating site to find something that they can't find in social life??

I think this should say why do people use dating sites. Rely makes it seem they must use the sites or they will suffer withdrawal symptoms. Finding something they can't find in social life is an inference made based on the use of a dating site. It is not a question.

I think people use dating sites as a way to meet more people then they can walking around outside. When you are outside, you either wait or create a situation to meet someone. Either way, you have to be in the right place. Even then, dating could be the furthest thing from the minds of people in that place. Online you know the people there are interested in dating or some form of a relationship. Whether it be looking for a hookup or a real relationship.

appleparfait's photo
Tue 05/02/17 04:21 PM

appleparfait's photo
Sat 04/29/17 12:44 PM
Is anyone in San Antonio or nearby that wants to meet IRL? Even if it isn't with me. Or is everyone here only interested in chatting on messenger apps.

appleparfait's photo
Sat 04/29/17 07:58 AM
Thanks.

appleparfait's photo
Fri 04/28/17 10:38 PM
I am new to this site. I am interested in getting to know someone near San Antonio who is searching for a serious relationship. I am not interested in casual dating or relocating.

appleparfait's photo
Fri 04/28/17 10:14 PM
I am a new member.