Community > Posts By > Midcoast_Guy

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Fri 06/23/17 06:59 PM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Fri 06/23/17 07:04 PM
Bites and stings are different "mechanism of injury," although basically still a puncture wound. Other than venomous snakes and such, bites don't usually add the problem of venom, and possible anaphylactic reaction.
I got chewed up (five stitches) by a St. Bernard when I was a kid. Everything since has been pretty tame by comparison.

The last real sting I can recall getting was in the early Eighties, when I was working the forest fire tower. I had the binoculars up to my eyes, looking for smoke, and when I lowered my arms, a wasp stung me on my left side. Apparently it had landed on me while I was distracted,and I trapped it between my arm and my upper body.

I just remembered getting two bites during my Air Force days, not counting the one Spazimodo patrol/drug detector dog, Smokey, who saw almost any moving arm as a target. I had a jacket on when he went for my arm, and his handler snubbed him up before he got a good bite. (I've "caught" a dog on a protective sleeve in training, but that doesn't really count.)
One of the on-duty bites was from a border collie that I was attempting to get out from under my patrol car. The other was from a drunk guy I was attempting to get out from under a pool table in one of the barracks.

Oh, yeah, and ticks. I haven't found any on me so far this year, but family members have discovered a few on themselves. I have to remember to spray some permethrin on me if I'm going to be doing yard work.
And I just remembered I gotta give The Mutt her monthly treatment of K9 Advantix II.

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Fri 06/23/17 06:36 PM
Nah, I like to get out of the house wearing my Trump hat and having 60 year old female school teachers go off on me at the store.
:thumbsup:
I'm gonna guess that you've never asked any of those ladies for a date. Hey, it could be the start of something beautiful. laugh

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Tue 06/20/17 09:51 AM

I heard this will hurt regular Americans badly ...

Did you hear how?
I heard there's bigfoot close to where I live.
So that's where he went. I wondered why he hadn't been seen around here for awhile.

laugh

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Sat 06/17/17 09:24 AM

Because I like the roughly 5:2 flippant:serious answer ratio on the forum. bigsmile

Idea for a new thread: "Features I'd like to have in Mingle3." biggrin

Nice topic midcoast guy !:thumbsup:
Thanks.
I have some ideas, but they're probably impossible to implement. Could be fun, though. (Like a Whack-a-Mole game, based on "tagging" profiles as fake or real. I bet I'd mark them correctly at least 95% of the time.)
I'm too easily amused sometimes.

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Thu 06/15/17 12:10 PM
I'm on Lynette and Martin's wavelength and I'm 58!
Yeah. Thanks to Martin, I now have the Fleetwood Mac song "Little Lies" stuck in my head.
"Tell me lies
Tell me sweet little lies"

laugh

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Wed 06/14/17 08:57 PM

With all due respect, fox news is not a news station. Fox is a magazine station. See fox appellate court brief which they argued they could not be held liable or to the same standard as a news station. Fox won. Therefore you already erred when you said you get your news from fox. You get there alternative facts and their opinion not facts.
Your "facts" are lacking "on more than one level."
"Rumors have circulated since at least 2009 claiming that the Fox News cable television channel fought successfully in court for the right to lie, misinform, or deceive viewers. The claim that Fox News legally won the “right to lie” has been repeated across the internet despite its being factually inaccurate on more than one level."
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/foxlies.asp

And Snopes is regarded by some as having a "liberal slant."

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Wed 06/14/17 08:50 PM

This post is a classic exemplification of Regan's quote,

Ronald Reagan — 'It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.'

is Trump a liberal?
Not anymore. Reagan was a liberal at one time, too, but became disillusioned with liberalism.
I think his quote applies to all the things that some liberals "know" now, like "collusion with the Russians," "obstruction of justice," and all the other things some of them are so "sure" of, but that haven't been proven. "But Hillary lost, so that must be why."

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Wed 06/14/17 08:42 PM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Wed 06/14/17 08:43 PM
This cracked me up when I saw it via a page suggested by Pinterest. I hope you all get a chuckle out of it, too. Yes, young Lynette is a treasure. My oldest granddaughter is like that: almost eight, going on thirty-something. laugh

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Tue 06/13/17 03:03 PM
Owwwww. That's so bad, it's good. biggrin

I just saw a headline that said a psychic got hit by a car, and he told police he "never saw it coming." bigsmile

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Tue 06/13/17 02:58 PM
When DC (assuming it refers to the city/state also known as Foggy Bottom) gets sued for continuing to ignore the US Supreme Court's Heller decision, and for continuing to deny its citizens an inherent right, possibly risking a law-abiding citizen's life in the process, then maybe I'll pay more attention.
Until then . . . asleep

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Mon 06/12/17 03:26 PM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Mon 06/12/17 03:40 PM
Because I like the roughly 5:2 flippant:serious answer ratio on the forum. bigsmile

Idea for a new thread: "Features I'd like to have in Mingle3." biggrin

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Mon 06/12/17 02:23 PM
a new saying:

Love is blind
Lust is Deaf,,,,
Classic. :thumbsup:

So guys, if/when you meet that really good-looking chick with the helium voice, give it some serious thought, okay? bigsmile

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Sun 06/11/17 08:56 AM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Sun 06/11/17 08:59 AM
"Love is blind. Lust just doesn't give a crap."--Author unknown

I went looking for a source for that quote, and found this. It's from a woman's point of view: https://www.bustle.com/articles/7857-8-signs-youre-in-lust-and-not-in-love

I still think it's only guys who lust, but whatever. Maybe it's mostly guys, and women are capable of it, too.

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Sun 06/11/17 08:27 AM
Good ones. laugh
The definition ones show that the differences between men and women are pretty much the same world-wide. ("The differences are the same" makes sense once you know the context. bigsmile )

"Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid."--George Carlin

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Sun 06/11/17 08:06 AM
Well ya know what they say about opinions.
Y'mean that old saying comparing opinions to some portion of the human anatomy? "Everyone's got one." (And there may be another line added, depending on which anatomical feature is mentioned.)

I've heard that applied to excuses, too. It's another of those pithy sayings I learned in the Air Force. smile2

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Sat 06/10/17 09:36 AM
I'm conservative, but I don't think I'm an extremist. I watch Fox because they don't spout the liberal BS found elsewhere. (HuffPo, MSNBC, etc., etc.)

US (and world) politics is getting more and more like a football game, where the fans on both sides try to outshout the opposing fans. One side cranks up their volume, and then the other guys crank up their volume in response. It just gets louder and louder until the game ends. Sometimes there are fights in the parking lot.

"What a field day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly saying, 'hooray for our side'"--Buffalo Springfield, "For What It's Worth"

There's a middle ground, and fortunately, there are still some people who try and reach compromises.

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Sat 06/10/17 09:20 AM
Just go back to school & retake the english clasd t
you obviously failed. A pie piper story.
Right. And the lack of capitalization on "English" is just one example of your own poor grasp of the language.
And apparently in your rush to post that rant, you totally missed the earlier posts about how it's not a word, but something put in by a somewhat faulty filter removing "bad words." ["P***ionate"]

Have a chill pill and some English (spelling) lessons. Maybe listen to this 1966 song "The Pied Piper" while you're at it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe13bACgcJs

whoa

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Wed 06/07/17 10:15 PM
English is generally a second language--and a distant second--for the spammers here.
Report the post; end of story.

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Wed 06/07/17 10:09 PM
in no particular order who I think is sexy [dead or alive or somewhere in between] lol
I don't know how many years ago it was that Keith Richards was voted the Sexiest Man Alive.
There was kind of a controversy about it, not over whether or not he was sexy, but whether he was alive.
:laughing:

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Wed 06/07/17 10:00 PM
Turkey spam might be good
I don't know what the "Lite" variety is made with. I forgot to look for some the last time I went grocery shopping, but I just added it to my list for a future trip.

I do eat some healthy food, too, but I guess Spam would be one of my vices. There are way worse things one could have as as "guilty pleasure." tongue2