Community > Posts By > Midcoast_Guy

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Tue 06/06/17 11:22 AM
I think I'll go and fix myself a nice sammich. Got a can of spam around here somewhere.
Thanks for the reminder to add it to my shopping list. I like the "Lite" stuff in the single serving pouches, but a family member always used to eat it before I could get any. That's the main reason I haven't had a Spam sammich for awhile, but also my late wife used to hate Spam. (She probably hated the Hormel stuff more than she disliked email spam.)
The Spam thief moved out, so now I don't have to hide it any more.

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Mon 06/05/17 10:03 PM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Mon 06/05/17 10:04 PM
Spam is only good when you fry it in a pan.

Well...not really...don't like Spam sick
The Hormel stuff isn't bad when fried up right. Despite the jokes about "Some Parts Are Meat," I kinda like it with mustard and cheese, but I haven't had any for a long time.

Regarding the email/forum-post variety, I'd like to turn the bloody Vikings loose on the ones responsible for it. devil pitchfork rant explode

Okay, rant over. Back to the positive messages.

Piscesmoon02: "Have you got anything without spam?"
Waitress: "Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it."
Piscesmoon02: "I don't want ANY spam!"
Man: "Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?"
Piscesmoon02: "THAT'S got spam in it!"
Man: "Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?"
Vikings: "Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)"

bigsmile

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Mon 06/05/17 09:53 PM
Here is a positive note:

That made me chuckle. Good one, David.

Some others wrote some great messages, too. :thumbsup:

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Thu 06/01/17 04:31 PM
"I was searching for 'Miss Right'. I didn't realize her first name was going to be 'Always'." bigsmile

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Tue 05/30/17 11:22 PM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Tue 05/30/17 11:24 PM
I rely on pionate to identify scammers. They are mistakenly using it in place of passionate. So let them keep using it. It saves time and makes life easier.
Er, no. Did you miss the earlier post where it was mentioned that it's an old filter that was meant to edit out words that might misuse a-s-s?
Like an older profile I saw today: The member, like many others on here, was last seen over a month ago, but was suggested as a "Match." Her profile says she likes "clic" cars. I'll bet dollars to donuts she typed that as c-l-a-s-s-i-c.

Automation has some limitations. whoa

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Mon 05/29/17 09:41 AM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Mon 05/29/17 09:43 AM
I just saw "pion" and "pionate" on somebody's profile, and thought it was a spelling error or typo. (My spellchecker doesn't like either one, but it has a rather limited lexicon anyway.) I think I have a pretty good vocabulary, but I had never seen it before. I Googled it, and this thread was the first thing that popped up.
Now I can go back to checking out that member's profile. smile2

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Sat 05/27/17 11:12 PM
Annoying relationship? That's, er, a nice way of putting it. Made me think of the ancient Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times."
Many women would have kicked him to the curb after the first "surprise" pregnancy was revealed. I agree with those who have already suggested you should find someone better.
This is just one more free opinion; the choice is yours alone. Either way, good luck.

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Sat 05/27/17 12:40 PM
Synchronized rolling laughies. I don't think I've ever seen that before.
This place is not boring. Silly sometimes, but seldom boring.

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Sat 05/27/17 09:15 AM
Lately, I have being training my eyes to glance first at the eyes because it's the Window to the soul .
I've been trying to do that, too. Bra size might be a visual attention-getter (guys are "wired" that way), but IQ score is really a bigger attraction for me. (Not expecting it to be displayed anywhere or told to me upon introduction, but a few minutes of conversation will generally tell who's got more intellect than a caterpillar.)

Mackengift's comment also makes me think of the scene in The Karate Kid, where Mr. Miyagi smacks Daniel upside the head and says "Look eye! Always look eye!"

And if your peripheral vision is good enough, you can take in the "whole scene" at once anyway. laugh

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Fri 05/26/17 09:41 PM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Fri 05/26/17 09:47 PM
...A.D.D. Dude didn't even read the TOPIC much less a profile.
<==Good description. laugh

I always read profiles, unless it's a case of Instant Ignore because they're in some other state, or some other country. Those are about 99% (probably more like 100%) of the ones who supposedly "clicked YES" on me, but I check in at least once a day to see what's new.
I make frequent use of the "Decline" option.

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Thu 05/25/17 08:41 AM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Thu 05/25/17 08:43 AM

receiving messages from men in their 30s or 40s. only want to meet men 58 or older
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I wish I had a dollar for all the 20- and 30-somethings who have supposedly "clicked Yes" on me. A few have sent messages. I think my wallet is older than some of them. (The oldest one on the most current page is 36.) "Male ego" aside, it's not flattering to me because it's so fake. I can get pics of all the cleavage (and more) somewhere else.
It makes me want to tell them (assuming they're even real) "Jeez, Muffie, it's a dating site. Like we're ever gonna meet?" As somebody from that generation might say, "As if."

I might make a game of it: once I collect one from each state, I'll cancel my upgraded membership. The recent one from Taiwan is a special bonus. whoa
I think the last woman around my age and from my state who was on here moved away last year. tongue2

</close rant> I feel better now. I just got another cup of decaf, and I'm good for the day. winking

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Tue 05/23/17 10:21 PM
Expectations is a thing which really ruings relations.
There's a song in that. :wink:

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Tue 05/23/17 10:19 PM

Still trying to Rock out on a Strat at 70smokin
Clapton's still rockin' at 72, so you can, too. I think it helps keep you young.

Heck, Keith Richards will be 74 in December. Not too many years ago, he was voted the Sexiest Man Alive. There was some controversy, although not over whether or not he was sexy, but whether he was alive. laugh

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Tue 05/23/17 10:08 PM

online dating is a used car lot

shine em up all ya want

but we all got a few dings and miles on us
This reminded me of these song lyrics:
"So you been broken and you been hurt
Show me soomebody who ain't
Yeah I know I ain't nobody's bargain
But hell a little touchup
And a little paint..."

First one to post the song title and artist wins . . . I dunno. shades

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Tue 05/23/17 02:03 PM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Tue 05/23/17 02:04 PM

You gripe but you come back?
Well, yuh. what if I missed something good? :wink:

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Tue 05/23/17 01:55 PM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Tue 05/23/17 01:57 PM

We are not here to entertain you...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is this true?
Well, M2 wasn't created to entertain one particular person, but it's (we are) perfectly capable of providing entertainment. (As Mikey so aptly pointed out.) :thumbsup:

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Tue 05/23/17 01:51 PM
After a "change of circumstances," I decided to check out the site one more time. So far, I've only gotten one "Match," which I can see just enough through the "teaser overlay" to guess that it's probably some scantily-clad 20-something who lives in some other state (or country), if she exists at all. Nope, I'm not paying to see/read that.
Now that I'm done griping: Hi, everyone. waving

1 2 4 Next