Community > Posts By > Midcoast_Guy

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Fri 09/22/17 10:59 PM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Fri 09/22/17 11:07 PM

<<<< not the working girl she thought she understood rofl
Well, besides that American colloquial term, Working Girl was also a pretty good movie, starring Melanie Griffith, Harrison Ford, and Sigourney Weaver. It was from 1988, which might have been before your time. :wink:

"For What It's Worth" is a great song, for something with only about two chords in it. Of course Stills and the guys had a lot more going on in the song besides the two chords. :thumbsup:

The movie I mentioned above had a great Carly Simon song as its "anthem." Let's see if I can still post links.
"Let the River Run"

Edit: The URL is in there, but apparently it's being truncated somehow, and the hyperlink doesn't work. grumble

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Thu 09/21/17 12:23 PM
^^^ Good answer, Mui. :thumbsup:

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Thu 09/14/17 06:23 PM

#2 should be the main rule.
Another way of expressing it is "Never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself."
Too few people pay any attention to that one. spock

ohh ,, but that can be so much fun! :wink: :wink:
Missed Chris2460's reply until now. Yep, I think somebody called that a "danger bang."
All great fun until somebody finds they're missing body parts.
John Wayne Bobbitt's later movie roles notwithstanding, I would not want to risk that. scared

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Thu 09/14/17 06:13 PM
Joethebricky wrote:
Dunno, I quite like a bit of crazy
Can't beat a danger bang
Ha, ha; new term. laugh

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Thu 09/14/17 06:11 PM
Mikey4 wrote:
Plus, you could see her when the bus pulled up and if you didn't like the look of them just stay on the bus laugh
Paul Simon? "Just stay on the bus, Gus." No, wait . . .
bigsmile

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Sun 09/03/17 02:14 PM
#2 should be the main rule.
Another way of expressing it is "Never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself."
Too few people pay any attention to that one. spock

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Sun 09/03/17 02:09 PM
Greeneyes wrote:
Either get a real gal or get a new plastic one... a plastic gal with rubber patches all over her send out the wrong message
Hey, I just got an idea for a new business: Blow-up doll patches that look like tattoos. bigsmile

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Sun 09/03/17 02:01 PM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Sun 09/03/17 02:02 PM
Sceptical wrote:
i do think you are but then i seldom think too slaphead
Ha; yeah. Sometimes thinking makes my head hurt, so I try to minimize that. bigsmile

kidding aside ,midcoast sir what is a magnetic ink? hhhmmm this is making me think biggrin
Ha; good question. I always thought they were saying something like "magnifigeek" [whatever that might mean], until I saw the lyrics online. (I can't understand about half of what I hear Brits say on TV. "The United States and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language."--George Bernard Shaw)
But apparently it has to do with MICR, Magnetic Ink Character Recognition, used on checks (or cheques, as they say on the eastern side of the Atlantic), which has been around since at least the latter part of the 20th century. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_ink_character_recognition

Learned something new today. drinker

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Thu 08/31/17 03:01 PM
He's really dead but doesn't know it yet.
Ah ha, that explains it.
Or maybe someone said his name three times in a row, and he appeared.

(Anyone who hasn't watched Beetlejuice probably won't get that.)

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Thu 08/31/17 02:54 PM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Thu 08/31/17 02:55 PM
don't worry - for some woman I'm sure a carport or a parking spot will do!
laugh
Especially in the cities, where parking is at a premium. A carport or something to keep snow off might be handy, too.

But guys like to have a garage, if only so we can post signs like "What Happens in the Garage, Stays in the Garage." bigsmile

Edit for typo.

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Thu 08/31/17 02:49 PM
Sceptical wrote:
will the real men here raise your hands please :angel:
waving I think I'm real. I could be just a figment of my (and everyone else's) imagination, but I don't think so.

Thanks for getting this stuck in my head. If you recognize its source, you are either a big Moody Blues fan, or as old as I am, or both:
"[First Man:] 'I think, I think I am, therefore I am, I think.'
[Establishment:] 'Of course you are my bright little star,
I've miles
And miles
Of files
Pretty files of your forefather's fruit
And now to suit our
Great computer,
You're magnetic ink.'"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AukFsBv2oDY

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Mon 08/28/17 02:47 PM
Midcoast, I don't see the words "what to be" in anything sceptical or I said. I'm not understanding what you mean? Can you expand on that please.
Sorry for not being clearer on what I was referring to It was one post that Sceptical made, and you seemed to "strongly agree."
IMO a real man would be a guy who knows when its time to be strong and when its time to be weak...knows when to fight and when to retreat...knows that he should complement a woman's life and not be the one who completes...knows adam from eve

I don't know if either Bond or The Duke would qualify there, except for knowing Adam from Eve. (Although these days . . .
"Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world except for Lola
La-la-la-la Lola"

I don't know anyone named Lola. :wink:

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Mon 08/28/17 01:48 PM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Mon 08/28/17 01:50 PM
On the serious side, a lot of barbecue sauces are full of sugar, so last year when some family members were talking about going to a certain restaurant where I've never been before (name sounds like a certain South American country, but ends in i [and 's] instead of e), I was pleased to see that they offered dry rubs as an alternative. We didn't go there (it's about 50 miles away), but it sounded good.

And on the wise@$$ side, sometimes aloe is a necessity. No chemicals, if you get the right brand. (Name and URL by request.)

In before the lock! bigsmile

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Mon 08/28/17 01:39 PM
Mikey "4 the win," several times in one thread. :thumbsup:

Yellowrose put it pretty succinctly. :thumbsup:

Those who might look down on an interracial couple should be careful that their small minds don't leak out through their ears.

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Mon 08/28/17 01:31 PM
I don't think I've ever seen James Bond retreat.whoa Weak, yes...but only when it comes to women laugh
Next big discussion: Who's more "real," James Bond, or any of John Wayne's movie roles?
:wink:

-------------------------------------------------------

Sceptical, I love what you said. Those are the attributes that I look for in a man as well. :heart: flowerforyou
Sceptical "nails it" again.
Okay, guys, we now have something to strive for. (But notice she [and Piscesmoon] said "what to be" and not "how to be that.") :wink:

I just saw the meme about not making excuses for nasty people. That's like an advanced version of "making a silk purse out of a sow's ear." laugh

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Mon 08/28/17 01:13 PM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Mon 08/28/17 01:15 PM
Y'mean it stops ringing before you find out exactly where it is? I hate it when that happens. You know you're in the right area, but just can't find the dang thang.

Sometimes cordless is more of a nuisance than a feature. The "house phone" here is a VoIP, with three handsets and chargers. Someone (not me) is always leaving a handset where they last used it, instead of putting it back in the charger. In the Old Days, with corded phones, they might walk away and leave it off the hook, but there was no leaving the phone in another room, or maybe outdoors. A few weeks ago, a family member got angry while outside with one handset, hung up on the person they were talking to, and threw the phone into the bushes. :angry:

The main charger/answering machine is near where the cable line comes into the house, in the master bedroom. It has a "Find Handset" button on it. (A very Good Thing.) I had to push the button and walk around outside listening for the handset beeping until I narrowed down the general area, and before it stopped beeping. Then I went back indoors, pushed the button again, and ran back out to where I thought the handset was. After a little rootin' around, I found it.

Oh, and welcome to Mingle2. waving

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Fri 08/25/17 11:51 AM
so if a kitchen, a vacuum, boobs and a French Maid's outfit makes real woman, does
that mean a toolbelt, a garage and a Fireman's outfit is all it takes to make a real man?
....oops! I forgot about the extra chromosome

laugh laugh laugh
I definitely have the chromosome, and everything else except a garage. (Firefighter/EMT for many years.)
I don't usually do fantasies, but if any of the ladies have one about firefighters, I bet I could get into role-playing with someone (with only X chromosomes) who wanted to wear a French maid outfit.

Of course anyone meeting the above description will turn out to live at least 100 miles away from me. frustrated

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Fri 08/25/17 11:34 AM
Edited by Midcoast_Guy on Fri 08/25/17 11:35 AM
Perhaps we should ask Dr. Victor Frankenstein. I hear that he made one before.
"No, it's pronounced Fronkensteen'."

bigsmile

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Sun 08/13/17 08:00 PM
Somebody has to say it [falsetto voice]: "Bloody Vikings!" bigsmile

I just remember, I saw Spam with bacon at the supermarket recently, and bought some. Or at least I thought I did; can't remember putting it away when I got home. If someone hasn't nicked it on me (couldn't have been the dog, unless she got help from the cat), I might have some for lunch tomorrow. With cheese. glasses

Midcoast_Guy's photo
Sat 08/12/17 02:12 PM
When were done do you think your mom will give me a ride home..lol
I'm glad I hadn't just taken a sip of coffee when I read that, or it would be all over my screen and keyboard.
My best laugh so far today. laugh

Previous 1 3 4