Community > Posts By > Teditis

Teditis's photo
Mon 02/18/13 09:12 AM
Wow... I know that I think too much but that's a lot!laugh
Aren't all relationships different.
Different expectations, needs/wants/desires, trusts given, loyalties maintained(or not).

btw, how do you establish those certain limitations that you speak of? DO you openly talk it out... make lists and such. Or just kinda' intuit things?

Teditis's photo
Mon 02/18/13 06:03 AM
It was... and I'm glad that you enjoyed getting them.
A gift from the heart...

Teditis's photo
Mon 02/18/13 05:38 AM

Maybe your being too hard on yourself.. Focus more on breaking the ice and the basics. If she doesn't like you for being you then she is not for you.

This seems like wisdom...

Teditis's photo
Mon 02/18/13 05:31 AM

loved, cared for, and forgiven more easily than so called normal people?

That's not been my experience.
I do think that there's a inherent nature for people
to try to help people that aren't functioning well to
simply function... nuthin' wrong in that.
But I don't see so much love and forgiveness given to
them that I'd call it "more" than what's given to others.
idk

Teditis's photo
Sun 02/17/13 08:40 AM
Loved it!flowerforyou
I moment of doubt can sometimes move us into action.

Teditis's photo
Sun 02/17/13 08:31 AM
An awesome write...
Dark nights of the soul that stretch on endlessly.
Very moving, indeed.

Teditis's photo
Sat 02/16/13 02:34 PM

"I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you."

this is what would deter me from continuing a relationship.. the fact that the trust would be gone.. however.. (responding to the OP..) a lot would depend on the gravity of the situation.. bottom line.. as stated above, if the trust is gone, there's no chance, at a second chance.. the relationship would simply be over ohwell

I agree with that in principle... and that's why I often quote him... however, being human myself, I understand that we're all very, very fallable... I make mistake and mistep everyday.
Things can change after such hurts.... I truly believe that and long to see it in folks... as long as there true intentions, amends and demonstrations of work to change.
We all fail... its what we do after we fail that impresses me most.
Old adage: (Q)"Why do we fall down? (A)So that we can learn how to get back up."

But peeps rarely want to work that hard.... "there's plenty of fish in the sea", right? Why work hard at repairing a relationship when you can dance on over to the next one....er, that's the attitude that I often see... not the one that I abide with.
Infact... the handfull of folks that have worked hard with me to repair broken fences have much more respect than those who don't/haven't... both forgiving me when I've been wrong and those that have worked hard when they've wronged me.

Those who don't even try... what's to say? I move on and quit hoping after a time. Disappointed all the while.

Teditis's photo
Sat 02/16/13 02:15 PM

I don't get upset over Valentines day, I usually get gifts. I always got gifts married and single so if I never got one, I would be shocked.surprised bigsmile Some men don't mind giving like that, they love giving gifts.

I just got flowers from a good friend of mine about 1/2 hour ago. He was on shift and dropped by the house with them. I was so flattered. blushing

What.... weren't you saying "no roses?"
You fickle lady you.laugh

Teditis's photo
Sat 02/16/13 02:10 PM
Very visceral... beautiful write!

Teditis's photo
Thu 02/14/13 04:55 PM
'cause you all don't listen to the older ones enough...
er, mebbe 'cause you listen too much.
idk?ohwell flowerforyou

Teditis's photo
Thu 02/14/13 04:02 PM
I think Trev is talking from a perspective of an anthropological and centuries of mainstream cultural norms, point-of-view... and in that, I couldn't agree with him more.
(Forgive me Trev if I've over-stepped.)

Still, nowadays we strive to move beyond those standards... sometimes it works out well... other times, not so much.

But when folks strive and don't achieve "success", it doesn't prove or disprove any one approach over the other.
It's in the understanding the struggle to begin with, that will bring peeps some insight.
Know your foe... which is generally yerself.

Biology is part of us all... we can't escape it.
Rational thinking also has it's place.
Patriarchy/Matriarchy are often misunderstood... especially in modern, Westernized thinking.

Balance is the natural order of things... always has been.
And therefore who asks who out on a date is virtually irrelevant.
But biology always needs to be respected.
Figure that part out and you'll get yerself Nobel recognition
(Please send all disagreements to Charles... I don't wanna hear it. haha.)

In short; it's your life... live it the way that you want. But there's always someone who gonna have a different point of view... prolly even in the very one that you're attracted to.
Whether or not you choose to fight or love through it all,
friction will always remain.
Love can conquer that friction in it's sleep... jmho.

Teditis's photo
Thu 02/14/13 02:33 PM

I don't even know where to start. Females do much much to piss me off. Just take Vslentine's Day, for example. The majority of females in relationships will go ballistic if they do not get some fancy gifts that they don't even deserve. This day is marketed towards females. Those not in relationships ***** and whine about how they don't have a man to spend Valentine's Day with. It is truly despicable.

That sounds more non-gender specific... a common human behaviorism.
Don't all people seek attention and whine and complain when they don't feel that they're getting enough?

Marketing towards hedonism is an whole other subject... combining the two seems unfair.

Well dam it Teditis; where is my attention? whine, whine, whine. laugh

Navygirl, do you want some cheese to go with your whine? :tongue:

Give 'er some long-stems and a camping trip too.

Teditis's photo
Thu 02/14/13 02:28 PM
Sorry... you should stay a little longer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua9DN8ZXmOw

Teditis's photo
Thu 02/14/13 02:25 PM

Well... I concede openly that I ain't normal.
And I'm kinda' happy about that. js.

Nevertheless... I just think that if we get stumped by the opposite sex... ask questions, communicate, probe deeper.

If they find that all invasive and inappropriate or whatever... if they act like you're moving too fast, thinking too much, you're trying to change me; that's their misunderstandings.
It's a matter of trying to learn more about them... not an inquistion/interrogation... though we all come across differently.

But it's a good thing, see? They just made our life easier... one less person for us to figure out if "they're the one".
jmho.

Well maybe you almost stumble for the right one... They were just turned off by your actions. You can take it step by step though..not just in one sitting you can know a person better.,sometimes it takes you time to dig deeper.

Well, thank you for the concern and insight.flowerforyou

Stumbling is what I'm good at and not sure how to change it... so I might as well stick with it, eh?

As for digging deeper... um, well... you don't know me so well. Digging is what I do. :wink:
It's the offence others' take from their perception of my digging that's causing me problems, see?
So I'm try to refine those skills.

Teditis's photo
Thu 02/14/13 02:13 PM
laugh
No comment.flowerforyou

Teditis's photo
Thu 02/14/13 01:52 PM

Awesome thinking!!drinker I like it.

I'd argue it though if you posted it in a Philosophy Forum, haha.

Well, I hope you don't mind, Ted, but I'll take the lead in this "debate", and as the OP, I say this conversation can stay right where it's at and we can discuss it in further detail if you guys would do me the honor.

Ahh... please forgive... I didn't mean to move the discussion out of your thread... I meant that I choose not to discuss it in this thread.

Two seperate things...
I liked his thinking and reasoning; but don't fully concur.

So you debate away as you see fit... I'll watch.
(no dishonoring intended in that...)

Teditis's photo
Thu 02/14/13 01:43 PM

I don't even know where to start. Females do much much to piss me off. Just take Vslentine's Day, for example. The majority of females in relationships will go ballistic if they do not get some fancy gifts that they don't even deserve. This day is marketed towards females. Those not in relationships ***** and whine about how they don't have a man to spend Valentine's Day with. It is truly despicable.

That sounds more non-gender specific... a common human behaviorism.
Don't all people seek attention and whine and complain when they don't feel that they're getting enough?

Marketing towards hedonism is an whole other subject... combining the two seems unfair.

Teditis's photo
Thu 02/14/13 01:34 PM

Teditis's photo
Thu 02/14/13 01:20 PM

Let's be realistic. As we get older we have a lot more "analysis" of relationships. It's pretty silly actually. Remember when you were younger and you almost never talked about anything and yet you ended up with someone who you couldn't keep your hands off? Weird huh? Biology does this for us.

There are two forms of like in this scenario. You truly "like" them (non-sexual) or you "like" them (aka in love) with them but are afraid to say it.

Don't lead people on that you only "like" and say "love" when you really do "like" them. Love doesn't mean ****. If you love someone you're being honest about what you feel towards them (want a relationship, spend your life with them, etc...). It has nothing to do with it being reciprocated. If they don't feel the same or only "like" you. Move on. Otherwise go for it.

Saying you only "like" someone when you really "like" them is protection for your emotions and completely dishonest. Vice-Versa.

-Trev

Awesome thinking!!drinker I like it.

I'd argue it though if you posted it in a Philosophy Forum, haha.

Teditis's photo
Thu 02/14/13 01:16 PM

My Prerogative - Bobby Brown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cDLZqe735k

They say I'm crazy, but I really don't care...

Awesome song... peeps hated it back in the day (folks that I ran with anyway) but I louv it.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25