Community > Posts By > RiseUp

RiseUp's photo
Mon 05/10/10 08:58 PM
I am new to the site. Just checking things out. Wanted to say Hi.

RiseUp's photo
Fri 05/07/10 11:07 PM
Man, This good. There are consequences to opening that door. When there is sex, there is a heart and soul tie. These soul ties can be baggage that stays with us even though we may get over the relationship. I know sometimes, we may fall but then marrying the person is good,
But if you can wait, and its possible. Do it!
As you see by the posts, its not a norm in todays culture but spiritually, you will be better for it not have soul ties as baggage when you do go for marriage.
Some of us, through promiscuity in our youth, have brought this baggage into marriages, and to their demise.
So Keep yourself pure man. God will bless you.
Check out this song, and video on youtube.
By Casting Crowns Group, called "Slow Fade"

RiseUp's photo
Fri 05/07/10 10:58 PM
Hi, I am brand new here, and Not very skilled and setting up profiles on social networking sites let alone dating sites. But seeing your seems Fine.
You were thorough in your likes and dislikes, more open then I am in mine for sure.
I have a Yorkshire Terrier so the dog is cool.
Also the red hair is a plus! a Personal Weakness for me..LOl!!

As far as the "Perves", and dont waste my time...
I have noticed the phrase, "dont waste my time", used before.
While it is true, that time is valuable and for some dude to think he can just jump on a site and get sex, is a bit grandiose and deluded and more an embarrassment to himself. I mean to think any refined lady with class is going to jump to sexual overtures in a first post is self-deluded.
Now I understand why you need to be straight up from the beginning and set boundaries, and since there are some women with no class who lead men on sexually from the beginning. I see the need to be straight and blunt.
So as a suggestion, I would change the.."dont waste my time", (which can sound a bit arrogant to some, and a bit cocky) to.
"Dont embarass yourself or waste your time contacting me for sex, because you will find my stern rejection a blow to your self-delusion and inflated Ego"
anyway, nice profile. I have alot to learn about setting mine up as I just joined tonight. Bless you

RiseUp's photo
Fri 05/07/10 10:36 PM
Wow! I can identify with knowing my family is taken care of, and of course my faith and Hope. :smile:

RiseUp's photo
Fri 05/07/10 10:32 PM
Well then as said, that makes me a loser too! But really, I spent my days running and "going out", and what I have found now in life is that if I can be comfortable "in my own skin", if you will. I have overcome much, and then will have much more to give another. Rather then just running from myself and Needing someone else to feel ok.
So this past 3 years, I spent many Friday evenings alone, and I better for it. So when I do decide to reach out and spend them with someone, it will not be to just fill my emptiness, but that I will really want to be with them for who they are and to share life.
In other words, Not just trying to fill a void that nothing can fill.
So being alone is often a good time to be ok with self, is what I am saying.
I used to just run and try to avoid the most challenging part of life. To be alone and know I am in good company..
Sorry for my 2nd and long winded post. I am brand new here and Dont know the norms.

RiseUp's photo
Fri 05/07/10 10:23 PM
Well Welcome back, and I just got here myself. Brand new and my first post! Have a great weekend, Victor