The Cain Mutiny '54

Pride and Prejudice '40

Top Hat '35

What Dreams May Come

Defending Your Life

(not in any given order)

fanoflife's photo
Thu 05/20/10 05:34 PM
Wow!! We planted only a few days apart and your plants are at least 2x the size of mine. Well done, well done indeed. :smile:

fanoflife's photo
Wed 05/12/10 10:30 PM
My daughter is really in love with vinyl. I would estimate she has at least 60 or 70 albums that she has collected on her own over the past few years but the really cool thing is that when my Dad passed he willed her his old Victrolla and his collection. I can't even begin to guess how many he had. I know that there is one set that are made from some sort of metal (pre WWII) and she also received at least 20 wax master copies. Pretty cool.:banana:

She is currently trying to collect 45's but they seem to be very hard to find.

fanoflife's photo
Wed 05/12/10 10:12 PM
I love jewelry, but since I earn a living at the moment hiking through the woods and climbing trees and such (photography) I rarely wear it anymore. I do have a very simple silver chain with a bearpaw symbol and a white gold pair of cladaugh(spelling????) earings that were gifts from my daughter that I never take off though.

As for men, I don't mind a ring or two. A necklace is okay too but nothing too over the top. Too much jewelry on a man just screams '70s to me.ohwell

fanoflife's photo
Tue 05/11/10 05:29 PM
That is an interesting thought but information received from an Ex would most likely be tainted and based on how they also acted in the relationship. Employers are different, they don't ask about specific events (illegal) they just want to know overall if you showed up and completed tasks.

As for being single for the rest of my life... I hope not but then again if I am, then I am I guess. I think it is important for a person to be able to accept and be okay with being alone before they get into a relationship anyway. You can bring so much more into it if you are secure with yourself.

fanoflife's photo
Tue 05/11/10 11:34 AM
It is never ok to cheat. The damage done is not limited to the current relationship that gets destroyed but (provided you have a conscience) it will be with the cheater forever.

I was taught not to ever do anything that I would not be proud to tell my mother about. Somehow I doubt she would look fondly on cheating.

fanoflife's photo
Tue 05/11/10 11:20 AM
I have found that immaturity knows no age limits. I really don't see anything wrong with large age gaps, however, large differences in age does seem to pose problems that don't occur in relationships where both involved are of similar ages.

I think it would be hard to find someone that is more than a few years younger (or older) that has the same interests as I do. Not to mention that I have had much more experience in life than someone twenty years my junior. I have an adult child and will not have more at this point. Also, I have found it difficult to hold a long and meaningful conversation with someone who just has not had time to explore the world around them yet.

Concerning this young man...I don't think that age is ever an excuse to be rude or abusive. Drop him and find someone (whatever their age) that will treat you with respect and dignity.

fanoflife's photo
Tue 05/11/10 09:01 AM
New here and looking forward to getting to know lots of people. I have already posted a couple of times to the forums and have found the people to be very friendly and helpful.

Thanks for welcoming me so warmly.

fanoflife's photo
Tue 05/11/10 08:23 AM
This is sort of an old one but "Lulu on the Bridge" was what I thought was the worst movie in the history of film, then I saw "Bruno"... now I am undecided.

fanoflife's photo
Sun 05/09/10 11:29 PM

try one of those large plastic owls, and plastic snake in your garden...also windchimes (noise scares critters away. If you notice in the pic, I put a small birdbath in middle of garden to atract birds,,,they will eat insects and maybe scare anything else away.

Wouldn't the birds bother the plants? I am going to get some rabbit fencing later. The neighbor said that will keep most things out and it is fairly inexpensive. I do already own several windchimes and garden hooks, that is a great idea! I will try that one first. Thanks

fanoflife's photo
Sun 05/09/10 07:39 PM
Nice garden. I will be planting my seedlings this week. It will be my first garden. I have lived in the city my whole life and I recently moved to a house in the country and thought I would give it a shot. Hopefully it goes well. Just trying to figure out how to keep the wildlife that seem to enjoy my yard from eating it before I can.