Community > Posts By > jwh5875

jwh5875's photo
Sun 09/23/07 08:33 PM
Agreed...the only team from the NFC West that'll be in the playoffs will be the division champ.

With that said, I do like the Niners chances in the division a lot...not that terribly impressed by Seattle, the Cards are the Cards, and the Rams are just brutal.

jwh5875's photo
Sat 09/22/07 09:22 PM
Dates? What are those? laugh

Yeah, it's been a while for me.. frown

jwh5875's photo
Wed 08/22/07 11:10 PM
Not a problem, BRM :wink: flowerforyou

jwh5875's photo
Wed 08/22/07 09:38 PM
Shinedown
Live
Coldplay
Filter
Disturbed

jwh5875's photo
Wed 08/22/07 09:32 PM
The sick thing?

The Rangers could have been shut out in the 2nd game and they would have still shattered their team record for most runs in a doubleheader laugh

With that said, they've let up a bit in the nightcap...scored only 9 runs so far.

jwh5875's photo
Wed 08/22/07 08:42 PM
1. Witty
2. Spontaneous
3. Honest

jwh5875's photo
Wed 08/22/07 07:38 PM
I've had a goatee since I was in my senior year of HS...I've pretty much decided to keep since b/c I like it and pretty much everyone I've dated liked it too (as you can see in my pics lol)

But yeah, I do try to keep it looking somewhat presentable if the occasion fits (like going out for something formal and the like).

jwh5875's photo
Wed 08/22/07 06:55 PM
blonderockermom, I'm just reading the AP writeup on the game now...according to the stats guys, it's the 9th time a team's scored 30 or more in a game, but it's also the first time it's happened since 1897.

HOLY CROW! I didn't even realize this, and to be honest it makes it even worse....the Orioles had a 3-0 lead going into the 4th inning. 30 unanswered runs...I'm just amazed.

jwh5875's photo
Wed 08/22/07 06:25 PM
well, if you happen to be an Orioles fan...if you're a fan of the Texas Rangers, well, it was one for the ages.

Final score:

Texas 30
Baltimore 3

That's no misprint. _30_ runs by the Rangers today at Camden Yards....

jwh5875's photo
Wed 08/22/07 05:36 PM
See, when I see "Tri-State" involving the NYC area, I automatically go "NY/NJ/CT"...keep forgetting PA's kinda close too :wink:

Western Connecticut (Danbury/Waterbury area) represented happy

jwh5875's photo
Wed 08/22/07 04:28 PM
I agree as well...

I'm at home with the folks currently (not by my choosing..it was either move home or live on the street..given the options, yeah..lol). They offer their advice on things, but the final call on anything is mine..which is the way it should be, IMO.

Best of luck, bro.

jwh5875's photo
Wed 08/22/07 12:46 PM
Ah Western Connecticut...

:heart: the fact that NYC, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington DC aren't that far away.

brokenheart the way people drive here...it's amazing how bad CT driver are laugh

jwh5875's photo
Wed 08/22/07 12:07 PM
Not a Bonds fan by any stretch, but ya gotta tip your hat to the guy...756 is still 756 regardless of any *ahem* chemical enhancements that are alleged.

Still, I don't think he's gonna have a long stay at the top to be honest...that guy that plays 3B for the Yanks might have something to say about that.

(of note: I'm the furthest thing from a Yankees fan...Mets fan actually, but I can't hate on A-Rod at all lol)

jwh5875's photo
Wed 08/22/07 12:04 PM
Well, the Cowboys would be alright against the Seahawks...just as long as Romo doesn't bobble another snap :wink: laugh

I'm a Jets fan myself...I'm usually overjoyed when they finish 8-8 laugh ohwell

jwh5875's photo
Wed 08/22/07 11:41 AM
Figured I might as well give my $0.02 on this...

I think we all can relate to this at one point or another. I've traveled down this road too a few months ago. I was with a girl for nearly 4 years and I thought she was "the one". We'd even gone as far as to start talking about taking that next step. The only real problem was she was in Michigan and I was in Connecticut, but we figured we'd overcome that by some way or manner. I had given a ton of thought to picking up and moving out there, but what kinda soured me on it (and forgive me anyone from MI) was the job market. I couldn't land anything that even appealed to me to build a future on. I figured, if I was going to take the ultimate step, I wanted a job I could build a future off of and be able to raise a family on. What really bugged me more than anything was the fact that I could get a job like that back home and the job my S/O was at was pretty much in need here (pharmacy tech..and I live near a LOT of assisted living/senior housing).

That was the big thing right there and things deteriorated pretty quickly to the point that every e-mail, phone conversation, and IM chat turned into a full-scale brawl and shouting match. I wanted to keep it civil instead of it turning into a sniping match between her friends and my friends with us caught in the middle. Unfortunately, her friends didn't get that memo and it spiraled out of control to the point (even her stepmom got into it and sent me a particularly nasty e-mail). At that point, I moved on and just cut all ties with everyone I knew out there, including her.

Was it tough? Yeah...nothing in life is very easy, especially saying goodbye to someone you spent a good amount of your time with.

jwh5875's photo
Wed 08/22/07 08:25 AM
Very early pick here....

AFC: could go in any one of 3 ways (Indy, San Diego, and the *gaah* Patriots)...personally, I'm leaning towards San Diego.

NFC: It's a 2 team race here, IMO. Chicago and New Orleans look like the teams to beat if you ask me. Gonna go with the Saints.

So yeah, I'm picking a San Diego/New Orleans Super Bowl...

Of course, this will probably change about 8000 times before the big game gets here laugh

jwh5875's photo
Tue 08/21/07 11:10 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes folks :-D

jwh5875's photo
Tue 08/21/07 09:16 PM
Diehard Jets fan here...been a fan since the mid 80s and have stayed loyal through the good times (1998) and the bad (Rich Kotite)...

I wear it like a badge of courage around these parts...seeing it's pretty much Patriots country here. *sigh* lol

jwh5875's photo
Tue 08/21/07 09:09 PM
Yeah, that'd be me lol...

Anyways, greetings from the Northwest corner of Connecticut...

2 Next