Community > Posts By > jwh5875

jwh5875's photo
Fri 10/05/07 06:45 PM
BALLGAME!

Indians pick a heck of a time to get a hit with a guy in scoring position laugh

2-0 Tribe heading to the Bronx...and expect the back pages of the Post and Daily News to shred A-Rod tomorrow...

jwh5875's photo
Fri 10/05/07 05:35 PM
<---on the TribeWagon until further notice drinker

Holy moly, Carmona was just ON tonight! And, give it up for the Indians' 10th man tonight..the gnats! laugh

Come on, Tribe...take em down again!

jwh5875's photo
Thu 10/04/07 10:43 PM
Holliday might have been out...but the fact remains, the Padres blew their chance to make it there by choking in those last 2 games against the Brewers...especially the Saturday game when Hoffman grooved one to Gwynn Jr.

And believe me, as a Mets fan, I have NO sympathy for the Padres and how they think they should be there...they didn't win when it mattered...the Rockies did...and that's why the Pads and Mets are kicking back on the couch watching this series together laugh :sigh:

jwh5875's photo
Thu 10/04/07 10:01 PM
The thing that has me amazed about this...it's not Tulowitzki or Holliday or Helton or Atkins that's beating up on the Phils...it's Kaz Matsui that's doing it. sick

Utley going into the tank is kinda surprising...Howard getting enormous amounts of whiffs didn't (sorry but the guy kinda did set a new record for most strikeouts in a season laugh )...Rollins is living up to expectations.

It's not lookin good for the Fightins...dunno if they can win 3 in a row, especially against a team that's on a roll like the Rockies are (they've won 16 out of their last 17...just impressive).

jwh5875's photo
Thu 10/04/07 07:23 PM
Ballgame in Cleveland...12-3 Tribe final...Yanks better hope they can get to Carmona tomorrow, otherwise, it's not looking too good...

jwh5875's photo
Thu 10/04/07 07:06 PM
Welcome to the insanity and fun that is JSH! flowerforyou drinker smokin

jwh5875's photo
Thu 10/04/07 06:32 PM
Well, someone forgot to tell the Indians that they didn't belong lol...

The Tribe's just taking the Yanks out behind the ol' woodshed at the moment...11-3 Cleveland after 6.

jwh5875's photo
Wed 10/03/07 05:51 PM
If the Angels were supposed to handle the Sox, then Boston sure didn't get the memo before tonight's game laugh

Beckett's just dealing tonight...and Lackey didn't look all that hot for the Halos (BTW, where did that homer by Ortiz land? Somewhere in Framingham? laugh )

jwh5875's photo
Tue 10/02/07 10:16 PM
For something like love, I'd go as far as I had to...true love does conquer all and does have a way of prevailing in the end.

I already went as far as MI from here (here being CT). Who knows what the future holds?

Best of luck with this, LP flowerforyou

jwh5875's photo
Tue 10/02/07 04:25 PM
Country living for me...but within reach of the big city if I choose to go there for a visit or something.

That's why I love my part of Connecticut I call home...the area where I am is country through and through (and it just rocks this time of year...foliage everywhere...the only thing I could do without are all the "leafers/leaf-peepers" that decide to drive really really slow on the roads on weekends :angry: )...but, NYC/Long Island/North Jersey are only about 90 minutes away (either by train or driving..or in the case of the Island, a ferry trip from Bridgeport), Boston's about 3 1/2 hours away, and heck, Philly, Baltimore, and DC aren't THAT far (probably around 4-5 hours to Philly and Baltimore..6 for DC).

jwh5875's photo
Tue 10/02/07 04:18 PM
To me, marriage is the ultimate step...basically, once I walk down that aisle, I'm entering into a partnership with the person I feel I can spend the rest of my life with.

However, that doesn't mean I'm opposed to commitments...if you're in love with the person, then it really shouldn't matter if you choose to walk down the aisle or not. Love is love...

Until then, I'm not going near marriage until that one person emerges and I can feel that I can spend the rest of my days with them....

jwh5875's photo
Tue 10/02/07 04:11 PM
Have to agree...politics and religion are two topics that shouldn't be brought up at all on a first date. Personally, nothing good can come of it if they do get brought up unless the people have an open mind with those things...

Otherwise, nothing good can come of it and pretty much ruin any chance of things possibly progressing along down the road.

jwh5875's photo
Mon 10/01/07 09:34 PM
Unbelievable finish!

The sympathy meter for San Diego's running on empty here...they had plenty of chances to win before even having this game happen.

jwh5875's photo
Mon 10/01/07 09:18 PM
Not a problem :wink: I'm a realist with what happened with the Mets..they choked, plain and simple.

And btw, change that last part...good luck against the Rockies (seeing they just got 3 in the bottom of the 13th to win it) laugh

jwh5875's photo
Mon 10/01/07 09:09 PM
As a Mets fan, all I can say to my friends in Philly is...

You're welcome.

In a way, I'm glad they didn't come back to win it...I mean, if you blow a 7 game lead with 17 games left to play, you DESERVE to go home.

Still, the Phils took advantage and won when they had to...so, as much as I wanna be bitter about the whole thing, I can't..they did what any good team would do..they won when it mattered.

Good luck against the Pads (seeing they're winning right now vs. Colorado in the play-in game).

jwh5875's photo
Mon 09/24/07 06:34 PM
Wow...that's just rough frown

All I can say is, follow what your heart tells you...

jwh5875's photo
Mon 09/24/07 06:20 PM
To be honest, I can see any of the 4 teams that are probably gonna be in for the AL (Cleveland, LA Angels O'Anaheim, the Sox, and the Yanks (barring an epic collapse and a run for the ages by the Tigers))..

With that said, I do like the Tribe's chances a LOT. Sabathia and Carmona are probably the best 1-2 combo among starters I've seen in the AL this year, and that lineup is just EVIL.

I kinda find myself rooting for them to take the AL this year...

jwh5875's photo
Mon 09/24/07 06:09 PM
LDR's take a ton of work on both sides and it's never easy...

I was in one for nearly 4 years (she was in Michigan, I was in Connecticut) and the topic of wedding bells did come up more than once.

Unfortunately, the distance thing played a huge role in the end of the relationship...I had no problems with the distance thing, as I'm extremely loyal when I date someone, so it wasn't a "wandering eye" on either part that caused things to collapse. It was mostly due to the fact that she insisted I move out there on a near daily basis after a while (and I never really harped on her to move East..I figured if it was gonna happen, it would, ya know?).

Still, LDR's vary in regards to the person...just because it might not work for one person doesn't mean it's something to be avoided. If your heart says it's worth it, go for it.

jwh5875's photo
Mon 09/24/07 05:19 PM
Hockey season can't get here soon enough...:smile:

Goin' to my first game of many this season on Friday (AHL pre-season game between Bridgeport & Providence here in CT) happy

jwh5875's photo
Sun 09/23/07 10:41 PM
Oy vey noway

Only a complete schmuck would pull something like that...you gotta do what ya gotta do to pay the bills and make ends meet. A job, no matter what it is, is never ever easy. Personally, I'm not one to judge what someone does for a living.

Yeah, I'd tell this guy to go perform a physical impossibility or take a long walk off of a short cliff or something to that effect.

Guys like that ruin it for the rest of us...

Previous 1