Aroundtheworld37's photo
Thu 02/21/19 12:40 PM

lol ... feel free.

I do think that perception is reality in terms of our individual journey in life. I may have a bit of a bias against therapy industry because they seem to make money out of convincing people of all the ways they are 'victims', instead of convincing people of all the ways they have choice and power in terms of how they experience their personal relationships.

flowerforyou

I can respect that and even agree to a degree on that flowers

flowers

It was nice chatting with you I don’t think we’ve ever had any interactions :blush:

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Thu 02/21/19 12:37 PM

lol ... feel free.

I do think that perception is reality in terms of our individual journey in life. I may have a bit of a bias against therapy industry because they seem to make money out of convincing people of all the ways they are 'victims', instead of convincing people of all the ways they have choice and power in terms of how they experience their personal relationships.

flowerforyou

I can respect that and even agree to a degree on that flowers

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Thu 02/21/19 12:25 PM
I would introduce myself hello new person waving

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Thu 02/21/19 12:25 PM
I’m very passionate about matters close to me :joy:🤦‍♀️

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Thu 02/21/19 12:23 PM

Abuse can also be verbal or emotional. It is not always physical. Sometimes verbal and emotional abuse can almost be as bad or worse than physical abuse! This can be harmful to you throughout life and can require therapy to help you.

The womens' movement taught us just that; that someone telling another for example, they're worthless over the years CAN have a critical effect on their self-esteem.

I respectfully believe all of that is a ploy for the therapist profession. I do believe every event has an effect on us and our self esteem. I do not believe that all negative impacts are therefore 'abuse'.

Have you ever been in an abusive relationship in any capacity ms harmony?

what OTHERS had called, yes. Not what I would call. Just some bad times and good times that hurt me and also made me stronger.

Interesting way to look at it ...well good think it didn’t affect you I guess 🤷‍♀️My abuser once classified the abuse I endured just “bad times” I always thought that was an interesting way to look at it or like when he pushed me into a wall he would say I didn’t push you that hard you “lost your balance” or when he choked me and I had bruises on my neck he would say I didn’t squeeze you that hard you just “bruise easy” or when he slammed me onto the concrete and gave me a concussion he just “barely grabbed my sweater “ I guess everyone has there on way of looking at things

very true. I definitely would have viewed such violence as being choked or head slammed in concrete as abuse when it happened, and not after. I'm glad you survived such extreme violence.

Words between adults, on the other hand, to me, are a matter of people being *****, more than adults being 'abused' by other adults.

Thank you for your kind words I think it’s still a challenge everyday and definitely a lot of unresolved remnants still remain...well as river stated I believe it didn’t start out that way physical I mean ...it started out as words,financial bullying isolation lots of preparation goes into it...I had a successful marriage prior to this relationship and had never been with anyone abusive prior it is a slow progression that you don’t see coming and I think unless someone has been through it they can’t begin to really understand it...when I was married and younger I was very judgmental when it came to this issue I remember saying I’m such a strong intelligent woman I would never allow that I would recognize and see the warning signs but I was very wrong and very naive in my thinking I still had a lot to learn about life I no longer pretend to know anything at this point because I feel unless it is something I know first hand or experienced anything else is speculation and opinion I feel very sorry for having judged those women such a long time ago and I definitely have a different outlook and perspective on things of this matter...wow sorry I think this is the most long winded I’ve ever been on the forums I will try not to do that again :joy:🤦‍♀️

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Thu 02/21/19 11:59 AM

Abuse can also be verbal or emotional. It is not always physical. Sometimes verbal and emotional abuse can almost be as bad or worse than physical abuse! This can be harmful to you throughout life and can require therapy to help you.

The womens' movement taught us just that; that someone telling another for example, they're worthless over the years CAN have a critical effect on their self-esteem.

I respectfully believe all of that is a ploy for the therapist profession. I do believe every event has an effect on us and our self esteem. I do not believe that all negative impacts are therefore 'abuse'.

what OTHERS had called, yes. Not what I would call. Just some bad times and good times that hurt me and also made me stronger.

Interesting way to look at it ...well good think it didn’t affect you I guess 🤷‍♀️My abuser once classified the abuse I endured just “bad times” I always thought that was an interesting way to look at it or like when he pushed me into a wall he would say I didn’t push you that hard you “lost your balance” or when he choked me and I had bruises on my neck he would say I didn’t squeeze you that hard you just “bruise easy” or when he slammed me onto the concrete and gave me a concussion he just “barely grabbed my sweater “ I guess everyone has there on way of looking at things

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Thu 02/21/19 11:41 AM

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Thu 02/21/19 11:08 AM
Yes it’s possible sometimes you don’t even see the full scale of things until you’ve processed it or gone to therapy

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Thu 02/21/19 09:33 AM

sexless marriage

Is the biggest crock of chit line,
used by cheaters.
:joy::point_up::100:

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Thu 02/21/19 08:02 AM

I think pets are a measure of how much love we have in us.

Oh my lol, I used to jokingly call wild animals my pets that didn't yet know they were my pets, like this group of dolphins that have a regular swim route (or whatever it's called) down near Myrtle Beach, you can see them around October or so, yeah those are MY dolphins, lol.

There was this raccoon that came up on my porch and would eat all my cats food. One day I caught it, and it stopped at the corner of the porch put its paw up, a submissive gesture I assumed, so I relaxed myself a little and in a gentle voice said "Well, you may as well come up and eat, just do me a favor and try not to eat ALL the food, but get a little something." the raccoon ate the food, but to my surprise, this time it actually left a little for my cat. lol Almost as if it understood what I was asking of it. From that point on, they were buddies, I would see the raccoon come up with my cat and they would both eat as pals, instead of taking turns like before.

Deer used to come up to my house as well, there were some flowers, I don't know what kind, but the deer sure enjoyed them, they were right by my bathroom window which was a bit awkward, but I'd rather have a peeping deer than a peeping tom, lol.

Domestic or wild, ALL animals appreciate love. There's different types and levels of love though, and the key is knowing which is appropriate for what animal.

That’s funny totage I do the same thing lol I am constantly hoping to run across a coyote where I’m currently living so I can make it my pet lol and I agree with the other stuff you said too....I’ve rescued lots of different animals including deer which slept on the bed with me and my dogs :joy:🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️Love animals

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Thu 02/21/19 07:52 AM
Ummmmm...no mmmkay

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Wed 02/20/19 07:13 PM
Hope
Getting dirty
When I’ve accomplished something

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Wed 02/20/19 07:11 PM

Does anyone want to see what Junita had for breakfast?

:joy:🤫

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Wed 02/20/19 07:04 PM

laugh

We some square azz willies rofl rofl rofl

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Wed 02/20/19 07:02 PM

The freaks come out at night scared shocked

Well we're here laugh

We got nothing on what’s been coming into my inbox :joy:🤦‍♀️

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Wed 02/20/19 06:58 PM
The freaks come out at night scared shocked

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Wed 02/20/19 06:39 PM

pretty sure it's the drinking water whoa

Ok that makes me feel better blushing

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Wed 02/20/19 06:33 PM

BC Westerners are just weird whoa

I love Canadians why he no like me? sad

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Wed 02/20/19 06:20 PM
Hog tie him he’s going next to randy 🤦‍♀️ These 2...can’t even watch a &@$! Movie!

Aroundtheworld37's photo
Wed 02/20/19 06:18 PM

TV off... posting on here trying to keep my mind off of having a cigarette...grrrrrr

Nooooooooo :scream:smoking is so bad for you...there’s plenty of other things you can do with your hands

Is there??? Do you have any suggestions LOL

I’m a Gemini we always have ideas...

I'm a cancer we always like to please

Well there’s 2 of us so your going to have your hands full bigsmile
.. I'm a great multitasker..lol

Good to know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:buckle up then

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25