Community > Posts By > darhblader

darhblader's photo
Sat 07/24/10 02:25 PM
single,

darhblader's photo
Mon 06/07/10 06:19 PM
i was always under the understanding that people on the space station aged less quickly due to their speed. this meant that they kind of traveled forward in time as they would meet their older twin if they had one.

i am probably getting that entirely the wrong way round and should completely change my views.

darhblader's photo
Sun 06/06/10 05:43 PM
No, its much more of a getting issue! :( but thansk for the advice guys

darhblader's photo
Sun 06/06/10 05:40 PM
i can backflip, dont know if im that accurate though, might need to be a big ring

darhblader's photo
Sun 06/06/10 01:41 PM
either kick myself for actually reading the post, then probably go do something stupid on rollerblades, possibly with fire

darhblader's photo
Sun 06/06/10 01:38 PM
Just wondering if there's any people below the age of 25 from around the Glasgow area, just haven't ran into anyone yet

darhblader's photo
Sun 06/06/10 01:35 PM
You're dating someone for 2 weeks then they go to Africa for 3 months!

I do!

darhblader's photo
Sun 06/06/10 01:28 PM
Im in kelvingrove all the time, mainly at the skatepark though.

thanks for the encouragement anyways :D

darhblader's photo
Sun 06/06/10 01:25 PM
no feedback?

darhblader's photo
Sun 06/06/10 01:20 PM
Redykeulous, that was a very insightful (albiet hard to follow with my very limited knowledge)

From my understanding barbours model was very simple, but what i see from it, is an abstraction of the idea. he uses direction as one example of an axis, where by the resultant planes create an infinite number of points. If one could consider that the 3 axis are not definite, other variables may come into play. (spin etc) it may be him simply trying to covey that there are infinite combinations of every variable, all lying on the same plane, but that there was only one state at the big bang where these axis' come together.

Sorry if i misunderstand, my education of physics and maths stopped at high school and i haven't read a great deal past A brief history of time

darhblader's photo
Sat 06/05/10 03:24 PM
ask someone where i am then start walking home. You'd get back eventually

darhblader's photo
Sat 06/05/10 03:18 PM
I study Architecture at the Glasgow School of Art. Which is a university. or so they tell us :tongue:

darhblader's photo
Sat 06/05/10 03:10 PM
Thanks for the replies guys,

I dunno, i do a lot of things but generally they aren't activities that are easy to talk to woman.

Skating - there are very little girls
juggling - maybe
photography - only applies when skating really
clubs - i don't like them and you cant really talk, it relies on looks alone
uni - to many complications
work, same as above

I guess i just need to walk up to any girl i find attractive in the coffee shop and try and start a conversation.

I've guess its self image that would allow myself to have that confidence, its just that my self image is horrible. (but again this may be a lack of trying so not getting reassurance either way so I'm projecting my own insecurities)

Ladylid, i would define a proper relationship as one where both parties don't feel awkward around each other or worried about breaking up but I'm not sure. but i think your right, i should stop worrying about it, I'm just not the type of person who leaves things to chance, tend to over analyze everything

also Sam, i think the distance may also be a contributing factor but thanks :-D

darhblader's photo
Sat 06/05/10 02:58 PM
This video is amazing! It is pretty much describing what i was thinking in a more articulate and justified way!

thanks!

darhblader's photo
Sat 06/05/10 02:24 PM
I moved to Glasgow 3 years ago from Belfast, and since then i haven't managed to find anyone who wants to spend more than a week with me.

It leads to less self confidence, then less attention, then less self confidence etc which is a very unhealthy cycle i cant get out of.

I suppose i don't put myself out there enough but that comes from a lack of any physical forum to do so. (clubs are soooo bad)

i guess i've just fallen into the routine of just hoping some girl would come up to me randomly in the street (which ain't going to happen with this body)

Any suggestions on how to get out of this rut would be appreciated.

:D

darhblader's photo
Sat 06/05/10 02:18 PM
8 for growing your hair long, even if its ginger! commitment! epic!!

darhblader's photo
Sat 06/05/10 02:13 PM
try a program called palemoon, it's firefox, just optimized to run in a windows environment.

Firefox addons work with it too

darhblader's photo
Sat 06/05/10 02:10 PM
Edited by darhblader on Sat 06/05/10 02:15 PM
Hi, this is first (of many) proper topic on these forums so i thought I'd start off with something philosophical and perhaps a bit geeky

Time!

Although everyone knows to an extent how time acts, i dont think anyone truly knows what it is.

i think its like a giant bubble full of bubbles. where each bubble is an entire reality holding every single thing, (multi-verse) freeze framed like a still in a film. We then pass through these moments very quickly to make it seem like time is moving, when if fact we are moving through time. If you look at planck time, (1 attosecond (10 to the -18 seconds)is about 10 to the 26 Planck times.) It could be said that time is made of VERY small bits (quantum) rather than one continuous wave. People are trying to find the solution to quantum gravity. I think this would be quantum time .... ish

This can work with determinate tangents of reality where one can make a decision which causes them to go off into one stream of bubbles. If you move quicker you go forward in time quicker (which actually happens)
but if you stop you can only freeze the frame. since no one has worked out how to do backwards you cant go back in time yet. but this model does allow you to go back and chose another path if it were possible. (see Einstein-Rosen bridges) without changing the tangent you chose to go down in the first place.

It takes a couple of extra dimensions of thinking but it makes sense to me.

Anyway, please discuss, I'd be interested in others ideas and also getting to know you guys :D

Also just realized i posted this in the wrong section, Sorry :(

darhblader's photo
Sat 06/05/10 01:53 PM
i brunt my left hand juggling fire (badly apparently)

darhblader's photo
Fri 06/04/10 06:50 PM
Just started my profile, tell me what you think.

please be honest :D

Previous 1