Community > Posts By > bigojockey

bigojockey's photo
Mon 09/27/10 04:25 PM
i think that a lot of times people lie to avoid feeling emotions that they don,t want to feel like shame or guilt.a lot of times these people can,t even be honest with themselves since doing so would still make them feel the emotion they are trying to avoid.these people will ty to change 1 little word in a statement and justify the lie in their own mind.for example,if you were dating someone that went on a date with someone else and you asked them later if he kissed you(just an example).she might say no but in her own mind she would be thinking,i didn,t kiss him ,he kissed me.they nit pick and turn things around to justify their deception and make themselves believe they are being honest.

bigojockey's photo
Fri 09/24/10 04:43 PM

Cause you breath, cause we can, just to mess wit your head, cause we are bored ....shall I go on? rofl
it all adds up to the real reason,you are the root of all evil.insert funny little yellow thing here

bigojockey's photo
Fri 09/24/10 04:22 PM
i don,t think you should give up but i definitely think that you should be looking for dates elsewhere at the same time.kinda new to this online stuff too but i,m beginning to get the idea that there are only certain types of people on here(not sure just how to categorize them yet)but i really think that there are some people who would consider it a waste of time to sift through the fakes ,scammers,gameplayers and various other phoneys that you find on here that you would see right through in face to face meetings.maybe the one your looking for could be in that group so i would definitely look to meet people in the real world at the same time.just are a lot of insincere people on here in my limited experience.

bigojockey's photo
Mon 09/20/10 06:54 AM

Amusing thought - but I have always warned friends off internet dating. Seemed to me that all they ever got was someone several spanners short of a full tool kit. Worse still - they never seemed to listen to the advice - even after one bad experience after another.

Guess the key is indeed 'needy' here: (as one or two friends of mine genuinely are) This site is different to the average in so much as it offers talk boards like this. It also seems (although I am relatively new here) to be more about connections and friendship in the first instance - rather than just full on dating. The truth is that you really do need to be careful when it comes to the net. There are a lot of damaged individuals out there - some of whom will grab at any sign of friendship - like a drowning person grabs at drift-wood. Even being very clear with them regarding your motives - wants - wishes etc is unlikely to work; simply because being lonely can produce such an all consuming need.
i,m kinda new here too.just wanted to disagree with the part about being clear with them is unlikely to work.if you are open and honest with people about your motives,wants and wishes they may be dissapointed if they were hoping for more.but by being honest in your communication you will be letting them closer to the real you which is what lonely people need(to feel close with another person).being honest with someone is like the drift-wood,it might just keep someone afloat until a boat comes along.not sure if i,m talking about other people or just me.

bigojockey's photo
Mon 09/20/10 06:23 AM

Ever felt like, you make a connection with someone..not much but just talking and chatting, exchanging pictures and just being friendly.
You may even talk about possible how you like him or her..but nothing big and the other goes NUTS on you?

Getting flooded with messages and mails and whatnot..and you are interested but it's just too much and too quickly and the other one is playing an emotional game on you, like if you don't answer each mails he or she starts making conspiracy theories how you are pushing her away etc??

And eventually THIS what starts driving you away, with you hands up slowly making steps backward to increase the distance, but at the same time you still getting these emotional outbursts from the other and now you start actually feel guilty about the whole thing?

Hmm?
just my thoughts on this.seems to me that to keep from getting to the point where you feel guilty you should let them know at the first sign of them going NUTS as you call it.i,m sure you see or feel it coming and i just think that a lot of people don,t communicate their feelings because they don,t want to hurt the other persons feelings and this lack of communication is what leads to these type situations.like barney says nip it,nip it in the bud.

bigojockey's photo
Tue 09/14/10 03:06 PM

..from my mom,,

'Worry looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up."

Happiness keeps You Sweet,
Trials keep You Strong,
Sorrows keep You Human,
Failures keeps You Humble,
Success keeps You Glowing,
But Only
God keeps You Going

sweet dreams all,.,,
amen

bigojockey's photo
Tue 09/14/10 03:04 PM

How do you deal with it?
I have been on my own for nearly 4 years now and the lonliness I feel sometimes is unbearable, I keep praying about it but it doesn't get any easier.
I recently met a man through a dating site and we have been chatting and getting really well but he lives 5000 miles away and the time difference makes it difficult to talk and I know it will be a while before we can meet and that kinda makes the lonliess worse...
I put a brave face but sometimes it feels my heart being being ripped out of me...
Does anyone else suffer like this?
i suffer like that daily.not sure how much longer i can cope with it.

bigojockey's photo
Tue 09/14/10 03:00 PM

If you fall in love with someone, how would you confess it to them?

I can send email with him, telling that I'm beginning to fall in love with him...

or

I can tell him, eye to eye contact, that I'm starting to fall... with my cute smile...
why would you call it confess unless you feel you are doing something wrong?

bigojockey's photo
Tue 09/14/10 02:57 PM

Yes or No

Why?

(pretty straight forward topic huh? laugh )
for sure because the courts are very unfair in dividing up property at least some of the time.

bigojockey's photo
Tue 09/14/10 02:54 PM

I'd like to meet some guy who can actually ride a horse!!! LMAO!
give me a couple of days and i,ll ride any horse you have ,even if hes never seen a saddle

bigojockey's photo
Tue 09/14/10 05:50 AM

rude or not....no answer is an answer....correct?

I TRY to answer all emails....but that is just me.
correct,no answer says alot.it tells me they are not at all interested in me,they,re rude,have very little class,and they are consise(say all that without hitting a button).i prefer these people over liars.

bigojockey's photo
Mon 09/13/10 03:30 PM
any Christian ladies near louisville,ky. interested in going on an old fashioned dinner date.

bigojockey's photo
Mon 09/13/10 03:20 PM

Answer: A common argument from atheists and skeptics is that if all things need a cause, then God must also need a cause. The conclusion is that if God needed a cause, then God is not God (and if God is not God, then of course there is no God). This is a slightly more sophisticated form of the basic question “Who made God?” Everyone knows that something does not come from nothing. So, if God is a “something,” then He must have a cause, right?

The question is tricky because it sneaks in the false assumption that God came from somewhere and then asks where that might be. The answer is that the question does not even make sense. It is like asking, “What does blue smell like?” Blue is not in the category of things that have a smell, so the question itself is flawed. In the same way, God is not in the category of things that are created or caused. God is uncaused and uncreated—He simply exists.

How do we know this? We know that from nothing, nothing comes. So, if there were ever a time when there was absolutely nothing in existence, then nothing would have ever come into existence. But things do exist. Therefore, since there could never have been absolutely nothing, something had to have always been in existence. That ever-existing thing is what we call God. God is the uncaused Being that caused everything else to come into existence. God is the uncreated Creator who created the universe and everything in it.

http://gotquestions.org/questweek.html

I thought this was interesting
i found this very interesting too.it reminded me of an old riddle from school.3 men rent a hotel room for thirty dollars and pay 10 dollars each.after they get to the room ,the bellboy comes and tells them the room was only 25 dollars and has a 5 dollar refund for them.they each take a dollar and let the bellboy keep the 2.then whoever tells the riddle says, they paid 9 dollars each,3x9 is 27,plus the 2 for the bellboy is 29.what happened to the other dollar?

bigojockey's photo
Mon 09/13/10 02:35 PM

I had one guy living with me (I take full credit for being stupid) that only worked on the mornings he wasn't hung over from the night before. Needless to say.....he rarely worked.

Anytime he got paid....later that night his money was "stolen" EVERYTIME!! laugh

Then he stole my truck and tried to hide it from me. Then told me we are common law, so it's his too. I reminded him that the mother of his child claims his last name and they were together for 11 yrs. I asked him if he got divorced from her and if not then he was a bigamist

He ditched that logic quickly.....AND I repo'd my truck back. I got all kinds of hate calls from his family. I pay form the truck...he pays for nothing and I'm the bad guy?

Where are my Jerry beads? laugh
how does a guy like that get to move in with you?

bigojockey's photo
Mon 09/13/10 03:25 AM

if someone takes the time to email you when you are asking people to respond to your profile,it seems to me the least you could do is to answer them in some sort or fashion.i realize that you don,t want to hurt peoples feelings but i believe that most people would rather you be honest with them than be ignored.i know i would but i may be in the minority.what do you think,is it rude to not respond at all.

I hate it when people judge you before even talking to you. I have gotten emails saying your ugly, your hideous, I would never date someone as ugly as you, pull your lip over your face and swallow and you might then be attractive. I have heard them all and it really hurts.

I have a lot to offer someone. I treat who ever im with like gold. But people are so hung up on looks, that all that matters. They would rather be with some hot guy who treat them like dirt then some ugly guy like me who would make them so happy and would think the world of them.
i think that you are right about how much people care about looks(looks matter to most people more than they want to admit)i scan pictures and pick the ones i want to read as i think most people do.thats probably one of the reasons people don,t respond to emails from people they don,t find attractive(don,t want to hurt their feelings)i think you can tell someone your not attracted to them without being mean after all beauty is in the eye of the beholder.its the people that use other excuses in those situations rather than being honest that bother me.some of them can,t even be honest with themselves because then they have to admit how much looks really matter.

bigojockey's photo
Mon 09/13/10 02:54 AM

I always see that as a quandary too. It seems really rude not to reply, especially if someone has taken the time to write a long message and they're polite. But there's always the fear that by replying you're showing an interest which may not be there, thus leaving you with the dilemma of having to say 'no' at some point!

But if anyone is crude in any way in their introductory message I don't bother replying at all.
in that case,the time to say no would be in your reply.you can reply and let someone know that your not interested at the same time,IMO

bigojockey's photo
Sun 09/12/10 05:37 PM

I realize people don't have to reply to my e-mail. Since this guy had nudged me a month ago, I assumed he might be interested, so I emailed him. Should I try to e-mail him again or just leave it alone. I can't decide which is the best? Or am I just a little dense?:wink:
i know how you feel and its not nice not knowing where you stand.i just posted a question on no replys in relationship section if you would like to give your opinion.

bigojockey's photo
Sun 09/12/10 05:31 PM
anything i should do to improve my profile besides a facelift?

bigojockey's photo
Sun 09/12/10 04:55 PM
if someone takes the time to email you when you are asking people to respond to your profile,it seems to me the least you could do is to answer them in some sort or fashion.i realize that you don,t want to hurt peoples feelings but i believe that most people would rather you be honest with them than be ignored.i know i would but i may be in the minority.what do you think,is it rude to not respond at all.

bigojockey's photo
Sun 09/12/10 04:45 PM

if the sun is out when i wake in the morning,should i stay in bed all day wasting my time on here or wait for a rainy day to waste reading and writing questions about nothing?

Cute, putting us down and asking a question at the same time. Do you know what my job is? Didn't think so...
didn,t mean to strike a nerve.i think i was just trying to fit in,after all i was making fun of myself also since i,m on here.