at the feet of Jesus

chorus 3x

holy holy holy
is the Lamb

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 12/30/08 06:38 PM

Christian marriage

From Ephesians 5.22-33 I see Christian marriage to a reflection of the relationship between Christ and the Church.

A Christian marriage should reflect Unity, love, Headship/submission (cooperation), and Perfection

Unity - "I and the father are one" (John 10.30)
Cooperation "My Father is still working, and I also am working" (JOhn 5.17)
Honor "Glorify your Son so that the Son may glorify you" (John 17.1)
Submission "For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me" (John 6.38)

The husband and wife are to be one because they are both parts of the body of Christ (unity of Christ and the Church)

Epheisans 5:21: "Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God" (reverence for God)

The husband is commanded to love his wife, as Christ loves the Church. The term used here is agape love. This is the love that gives.

Philipians 2:2-3 "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."

Titus 2.4 Paul commends the older women to sober the minds of the younger women so that they might love their husbands as friends, share interests, have discussions, enjoy being in each others company.

They are also commanded to respect their husbands.

In Christian marriage submission is based on unity and love.
It is not blind obedience and does not imply inferiority.
Rather the two should be subject to one another in reverence to Christ.

Such a marriage is a testimony to the truth and power of the gospel.

flowerforyou :heart:

Britty's photo
Tue 12/30/08 06:30 PM

Faith
Christian poem - M.S.Lowndes

Increase our faith so we may see
What you’re doing in our lives
And all that we’ll accomplish in you
So our faith begins to rise

We need to be reminded Lord
Of the small mustard seed
And how the same amount of faith
Moves mountains if we believe

As we walk in pure obedience
With confidence in you
Our faith begins to grow and flourish
Bearing more abundant fruit

We must go beyond the limits
Of our comfort zones
Our faith is activated at those times
When we walk into the unknown

For it’s when the safety net is gone
We realize we need our Lord
When there’s nothing left to fall back on
We must lean on God much more

And faith is released in our hearts
As we bend our knee to pray
We shall be strengthened as we walk
And commit to Him each day.

Britty's photo
Tue 12/30/08 04:24 PM
Spritual Curfew
Proverbs 31 ministries
Tracie Miles

“But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” 1 Timothy 6:11-12 (NIV)

Have you ever felt like God’s Word has too many “don’ts” and not enough “do’s”? I have heard non-believers say that being a Christian is too rule-oriented, too strict, or simply no fun. At times, this could be the viewpoint of Christians too, who are trying to live a life for Christ but finding it difficult to turn from their old ways.

Sometimes it is hard to understand why God asks us to think a certain way, do certain things, or refrain from doing other things that are not indicative of someone living for Christ. That is where our faith must come in. Faith is our motivation to abide by the spiritual curfews that God outlines in His Word. If we doubt His reasoning, wonder why certain guidelines matter, or change the real meaning of a scripture to accommodate our own selfish purposes, then we are setting out on a path that will dishonor God and lead to sin.

I remember my mother telling me to choose my battles, since not every situation was worth fighting for. Living a Godly life is sometimes a battle. This is one battle we should always fight: to honor God’s Word. If we believe the Bible is truth, we should follow its guidelines. In a world where moral values are crumbling around us, Christians need to fight the good fight.

Britty's photo
Tue 12/30/08 01:50 PM

Indeed there is Rainbow.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 12/30/08 01:36 PM

In Love and War was an excellent movie based on the real life experiences of Ernest Hemingway during World War I.

I enjoyed Ghost and The Notebook also.

Love Comes Softly (2003) - the Story of a young pioneering woman in the Great Plains who is tragically widowed.

I agree a movie or story cannot totally define love but they can provide a glimpse into what it can be and awaken our awareness to all the different and complex facets of love. It is more of a story that grows with experiences.

Britty's photo
Tue 12/30/08 12:59 PM

No difference to me.

If you know someone has something to lose by being associated with them, you have a responsibility to say something. Privately if you have to, or not. As long as you can back it up with proof.

Yes, the person may get annoyed or angry with you, especially if they've already been convinced or for some reason or another, need to remain in denial. However, I think that in the end, that person will realize the gift you were trying to give them and understand. Forgive. Perhaps even thank you. I recently thanked a couple people that tried to warn me of something in the past.

Its a personal decision, but I think it is worth it. Its also about personal integrity.

Good advice. For me, privately is the preferred method.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 12/30/08 12:56 PM

I like that song Britty.flowerforyou

The song I was about to post is already posted by Susan -

Susan - I will miss you. Your beautiful smile and warm heart was a pleasure to see while you were here. May God bless you, your steps are ordered by Him.

I'll post it anyway because I have been singing it today and can't get it out of my head or heart.

All I Am - Reuben Morgan

In to Your hands
I commit again
All I am
For You Lord

You hold my world in the palm of Your
Hands
And I am Yours
Forever

Jesus I believe in You
Jesus I belong to You
You're the reason that I live
You're the reason that I sing
With all I am

I'll walk with You
Wherever You go
Through tears and Joys
I'll trust in You

And I will live in all of Your ways
Your promises
Forever

Jesus I believe in You
Jesus I belong to You
The reason that I sing
With all I am

I will woship
I will worship You(x2)

Jesus I believe in You
Jesus I belong to You
The reason that I sing

Jesus I believe in You
Jesus I belong to You
The reason that I sing
With all I am

:heart:

flowerforyou Hi Laura.

That is an awesome song to. I will join you in wishing Susan (beautyfrompain) all the best.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 12/30/08 12:39 PM

I sure hope so if they are posting in this forum, :wink:

I am sure many do, and thank God we are unique. We can spread God's love in many different ways.

Some may be more outspoken and others have a quiet, and gentle spirit.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 12/30/08 12:34 PM

welcome to the site.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 12/30/08 05:00 AM

the time is near....
its the time to pray for your fellow non-believer man!
pray that they can come worship him now and receive the best gift of all!!!!

Praying with Allll My Heart WITH You, My Brother.....flowerforyou

for Souls to Know Our Wonderful and Beautiful Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in Their Hearts ,Too!!

:heart::heart::heart:

flowerforyou
Amen to that, flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 12/29/08 06:53 PM

wonderful Robert.

Britty's photo
Mon 12/29/08 06:07 PM
Jacob's ladder.

I have a Jacob's ladder, a plant (at least one)
in the garden.

That will remind me of the verse you posted TM.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 12/29/08 06:03 PM
The character of Jesus

Isaiah 14.12-14

How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High."

(some translations say Day Star instead of Lucifer)

Satan wanted to be like "the Most High." This title of God (El Elyon in Hebrew) literally means "the strongest of the strong."

Satan could have selected any one of the numerous names of God.

Satan could have used El Shaddai - "the breasted one who feeds His children." He did not.

He might have chosen "Yahweh Rohi" - "the Lord our shepherd" He did not.

Satan wants God's POWER and AUTHORITY, but he doesn't want anything to do with God's nurturing and leadership attributes. Satan wants absolute power, but without having responsibility to care for anyone but himself.

Notice the sharp contrast between Satan's "I will's" and the Lord's own attitude in the garden of Gethsemane.

Satan's attitude was totally self-centered, prideful, and arrogant.

The Lord's attitude, even though He was facing a cruel death on the cross, was that of complete meekness and submission unto God.

Three times Jesus prayed to His Father, saying, "NOT as I will, but as You will."

It is equally important to notice what the Lord taught you about YOUR attitude toward God's sovereignty.

In Matthew 6, Jesus teaches you to tell your Father in heaven, "THY will be done."

Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to the disciples, "Sit here while I go and pray over there.'' He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.'' (Mt 26.36, 26.39)

(Jesus said:) "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. (Mt 6.9-10)

Luke 10:17-20 (English Standard Version)

17 The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!" 18 And he said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. 20 Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

Britty's photo
Mon 12/29/08 05:46 PM

That is awesome sis.

I hope you had a blessed Christmas.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 12/29/08 03:16 PM

I like that one Debs.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 12/29/08 10:12 AM

Very well put TM.

Britty's photo
Sun 12/28/08 05:01 PM

"The characteristics of God Almighty are mirrored for us in Jesus Christ. Therefore, if we want to know what God is like, we must study Jesus Christ."

Oswald Chambers (1874-1917)

Britty's photo
Sun 12/28/08 04:59 PM

Thanks for sharing that rainbow.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Sun 12/28/08 04:56 PM

Michael W Smith -

Lord I give you my heart

This is my desire
To honor You
Lord with all my heart