Community > Posts By > Britty

Britty's photo
Sun 11/23/08 05:10 AM

That God would please heal my lonely heart.

All it would take is one good woman.

Joining you in prayer.
Keep your faith and God shall
bring it to pass.
God Blesssmile2

At the right time, keep trusting in the Lord for when that is.

flowers

Britty's photo
Sat 11/22/08 01:48 PM

if we as a people can get to the point of understanding the seperation of the spirit and the physical, we might have a chance of actually experiancing "heaven on earth". if not we will destroy ourselves in pursuit of earthly goods!

A very good thought, so true, certainly something to strive for.

flowers

Britty's photo
Thu 11/20/08 06:02 PM

Glad you enjoy them Sharp.

The Beloved
By Katherine Tynan Hinkson (b.1861)

BLOW gently over my garden,
Wind of the Southern sea,
In the hour that my Love cometh
And calleth me!
My Love shall entreat me sweetly,
With voice like the wood-pigeon;
‘I am here at the gate of thy garden,
Here in the dawn.’

Then I shall rise up swiftly
All in the rose and grey,
And open the gate to my Lover
At dawning of day.
He hath crowns of pain on His forehead,
And wounds in His hands and feet;
But here mid the dews of my garden
His rest shall be sweet.

Then blow not out of your forests,
Wind of the icy North;
But Wind of the South that is healing
Rise and come forth!
And shed your musk and your honey,
And spill your odours of spice,
For one who forsook for my garden
His Paradise!

flowers

Britty's photo
Thu 11/20/08 05:59 PM

Whitebutterfly, great to see you here.

Praying that everyone has a healthy and happy
Thanksgiving.

flowers

Britty's photo
Thu 11/20/08 04:52 PM
In context:

" Then Jesus said, "Father forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And as they divided His garments, they cast lots. Now the people stood by observing and the rulers among them were also deriding Him, saying, 'He saved others; let Him save Himself, if this is the Christ, the chosen of God.' "(Luke 23:34-35)

The fact that Jesus, whilst dying on the cross stated they did not know what they were doing, implies that one day they will understand what they did and at that time they will repent.

Matthew 23:37-39 :
" O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord. "

The Jewish leaders who had Jesus crucified, read the scriptures, but did not realize they needed salvation, and they were blinded to who Jesus really was. In their own minds they thought they were right to try someone they thought was blasphemous. Holding the trial at night with false witnesses was not a legal thing for them to do however.

In connection with your question, how can a person not know what they are doing?
Quite easily I think.

Children do it when they taunt one another unmercifully. I don’t think they all do it with the intention of being cruel, they just don’t think about the consequences.

Adults do it when they say unkind and harsh words to a child (or worse). Do you think that all of them stop to realize the results their cruelty can have on the spirit of a child?

When a drunk gets in a car and drives, do they stop to think about what they are doing
or could do?

The above are just a few things that came to mind when reading your question.

Britty's photo
Thu 11/20/08 04:20 PM

He who knows Love
By Elsa Barker

HE who knows Love—becomes Love, and his eyes
Behold Love in the heart of everyone,
Even the loveless: as the light of the sun
Is one with all it touches. He is wise
With undivided wisdom, for he lies
In Wisdom’s arms. His wanderings are done,
For he has found the Source whence all things run—
The guerdon of the quest, that satisfies.

He who knows Love becomes Love, and he knows
All beings are himself, twin-born of Love.
Melted in Love’s own fire, his spirit flows
Into all earthly forms, below, above;
He is the breath and glamour of the rose,
He is the benediction of the dove

flowers

Britty's photo
Thu 11/20/08 04:17 PM

Wonderful post, and that is a really nice picture of you.

flowers

Britty's photo
Thu 11/20/08 06:26 AM

Well put TM.

MartyMark, good to see you hear and it is good for Christians to try to reach a better understanding by asking questions.

I might get back to this a little later.

Britty's photo
Thu 11/20/08 06:22 AM

A lovely hymn.

Good morning all.

flowers

Britty's photo
Wed 11/19/08 03:33 PM

This just in:

P R A I S E - G O D !!!!

That is all

drinker :angel: :thumbsup: waving

AMEN BROTHER!!!flowerforyou:heart:flowerforyou

Amen indeed.

flowers

Britty's photo
Wed 11/19/08 03:21 PM

God's Message to Woman
author Unknown

When I created the heavens and the earth, I spoke them into being. When I created man, I formed him and breathed life into his nostrils. But you, woman, I fashioned after I breathed the breath of life into man because your nostrils are too delicate. I allowed a deep sleep to come over him so I could patiently and perfectly fashion you.

Man was put to sleep so that he could not interfere with the creativity. From one bone I fashioned you. I chose the bone that protects man's life. I chose the rib, which protects his heart and lungs and supports him, as you are meant to do.

Around this one bone I shaped you. I modeled you. I created you perfectly and beautifully. Your characteristics are as the rib, strong yet delicate and fragile. You provide protection for the most delicate organ in man, his heart. His heart is the center of his being; his lungs hold the breath of life. The rib cage will allow itself to be broken before it will allow damage to the heart.

Support man as the rib cage supports the body. You were not taken from his feet, to be under him, nor were you taken from his head, to be above him. You were taken from his side, to stand beside him and be held close to his side. You are my perfect angel. You are my beautiful little girl. You have grown to be a splendid woman of excellence, and my eyes fill when I see the virtue in your heart. Your eyes -- don't change them. Your lips -- how lovely when they part in prayer. Your nose so perfect in form, your hands so gentle to touch.

I've caressed your face in your deepest sleep; I've held your heart close to mine. Of all that lives and breathes, you are the most like me.

Adam walked with me in the cool of the day and yet he was lonely. He could not see me or touch me. He could only feel me. So everything I wanted Adam to share and experience with me, I fashioned in you: my holiness, my strength, my purity, my love, my protection and support.

You are special because you are the extension of me. Man represents my image -- woman, my emotions. Together, you represent the totality of God.

So man -- "treat woman well. Love her, respect her, for she is fragile". In hurting her, you hurt me. What you do to her, you do to me. In crushing her, you only damage your own heart, the heart of your Father and the heart of her Father. Woman, support man. In humility, show him the power of emotion I have given you. In gentle quietness show your strength. In love, show him that you are the rib that protects his inner self.

flowers

Britty's photo
Wed 11/19/08 03:18 PM

I would like to pray this afternoon about relationships. Sometimes things come up and it prevents people of both sexes from communicating. My prayer would be for all of the girl-guy relationships as we so know them, but not just limited to that and not just limited to intimate long-term relationships.

I think its important to have prayer for your friends, too. Guys can have female friends, and ladies can have men friends, and these types of things can be very good for both people. But let's not stop there. Let's pray that guy-to-guy buddies and girl-to-girl buddies have the same blessing. And of course we'll pray for the intimate and long-term relations people share. I just wanted to point out it was my intention to include all relationships of all kinds. Even the ones with your children, nieces, nephews, mother, father, grandfather. Maybe even the relationships with have with the people we work with or see at the grocery store.

I just feel really motivated to pray for this particular thing this afternoon. That god would give us all good relations with those people in and around our lives.

And that we thankful for the small handful of people that are in our lives each day. Be grateful to God that we can enjoy their company today because they may be called home to be with the Lord on any given day. In that day we might miss them, but it is good to know that they are in the Lord's hands that day, and as we have faith, we too will one day be with the Lord. But given this day right now, let's enjoy the people we care for, and pray for them, and be thankful for them.

drinker drinker drinker drinker <<< good coffee for all..

mmm, nice coffee. flowers

I will agree with you in prayer for relationships, for friends, family, for all those who need a friend, a comforting word, a helping hand, for the body of Christ to be what the Lord intends it to be.

The importance of relationships

“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.”- Romans 12:1

John 13:34-35 (King James Version)

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another

flowers

Britty's photo
Wed 11/19/08 03:08 PM

But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.
~ Matthew 6: 33

There is such a fundamental truth in this scripture. How often do we try to take care of our needs in the area of finances, or try dealing with difficult circumstances before looking to God?

We try to work out how we will get through it, or how we will meet our unpaid bills. God says here in His word to ‘seek first His kingdom’.

It’s in putting God first in everything and seeking His righteousness – ‘His way of doing and being right’, that all these other things in our lives will be taken care of. Many Christians have found that by putting God first, the difficult circumstances they are in start to come together in a divine way. God does answer prayer and will intervene as we honour Him first.

This is especially true in the area of finances. By always putting God first, and giving into the kingdom of God – He provides what we need. God will always honour those who put Him first in everything. So if you are facing a real struggle especially in the area of finances, give it over to the Lord. Choose today to ‘seek first His kingdom’. Put God first in everything. He promises to take care of all these other things.

By M.S.Lowndes

flowers

Britty's photo
Wed 11/19/08 03:06 PM

Whether we lose someone through death or divorce
it is a loss, one that needs a grieving period,
one where we can draw near to God and trust in
Him, for His grace and mercy is new every
morning.

A prayer for anyone who is suffering loss:

O Lord, I am torn up with grief.
I know you are there, but I cannot see past
my sorrow and tears.
Be with me, Lord, and do not take
my unhappiness to heart.
Rather, work within me to guide me through
these dark days
and bring your light to my life,
so that I may see your goodness, even in my mourning.

flowers

Britty's photo
Wed 11/19/08 03:01 PM

Believe in your heart that
something wonderful is about to happen.
Love your life.
Believe in your own powers,
and your own potential,
and in your own innate goodness.
Wake every morning
with the awe of just being alive.
Discover each day the magnificent,
awesome beauty in the world.
Explore and embrace life in yourself
and in everyone you see each day.
Reach within to find your own specialness.
Amaze yourself and rouse those around you
to the potential of each new day.
Don't be afraid to admit
that you are less than perfect;
this is the essence of your humanity.
Let those who love you help you.
Trust enough to be able to take.
Look with hope to the horizon of today,
for today is all we truly have.
Live this day well.
Let a little sun out as well as in.
Create your own rainbows.
Be open to all your possibilities;
all possibilities and Miracles.
Always believe in Miracles.

http://www.1lovepoems.com/pb1.shtml
flowers

Britty's photo
Wed 11/19/08 02:59 PM

I would ask that ya'll say a prayer for me as I am looking for a God written love story.I am 24 divorced with 4 kids my youngest is 1 mo. I have been divorced about 1 yr. and really wish I would have tried harder to make my marriage wk. But we were too young I guess. I pray that I will find a good Christian man someday.
Prayers that your prayers are quick to come

Amen to that.

flowers

Britty's photo
Wed 11/19/08 02:54 PM

Is it just me, or is the book of PROVERBS

pretty cool or what?

yes it is, full of wisdom

food for thought.

flowers

Britty's photo
Tue 11/18/08 03:16 PM

thank you for sharing that QS

flowers

Britty's photo
Tue 11/18/08 03:14 PM

This seems to be a good place for this from the
Psalms.

Psalm 116
1 I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.

2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

:heart:

It is a blessing to know that our prayers are heard.

:heart:

“Speak to Him, thou, for He hears,
And spirit with spirit can meet –
Closer is He than breathing,
And nearer than hands and feet.

Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809-1892)

flowerforyou :heart:

Britty's photo
Tue 11/18/08 04:45 AM

I just made a pot of coffee

cause Hebrews says I do

laugh

Thanks for that one (( Britty ))flowerforyou

Thank you Tom, you make good coffee!!!!!
:smile: