Community > Posts By > debbie1980

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 06:47 AM

"There are some in our society that deserve special treatment. Police and firefighters come to mind as public servants who risk their lives without great financial reward."

this is done as a sign of respect for the job they have chosen to do
to protect and serve
seems most have forgotten this along the way

I havent forgotten personally. I have family members who are doctors saving lives DAILY working 24 hour shifts to do so,,and I have members who are police, and they would never expect their CHOICE OF OCCUPATION for which they are COMPENSATED To get them some special treatment above others ,,,

now, to give them special mistreatment, would deserve outrage,, but to not give them special PREFERENCIAL Treatment is only treating them like the humans they are,,,,

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 06:45 AM
Edited by debbie1980 on Thu 09/17/15 06:49 AM

But that's their policy, only customers can use their toilets.

so because she's a cop, the rules shouldn't apply to her?

when they do to everyone else!!

I will continue to use starbucks as normal. I don't think they have done anything wrong, that's there rules.

There was a bathroom down the street, so why didn't she use that one in the first place like everyone else does, or when they said no, she should have just used the other one and no issue should have made of this.

I didn't expect special treatment when I was in my uniform.

Yes it is petty on both sides, but rules are rules whether we like them or not.

If they give her a special treatment, wont everyone else expect it in uniform? and the general public?

Oh and that's probably why the customers didn't say anything.

I should say, if there WASNT a toilet down the road that she could use, my opinion would be different.flowerforyou

oh what a world! where cops have the same rules as others,,,,,what wise guy thought that one up?

:laughing: :laughing:

I was waiting to hear that this employee said that cops couldnt use the bathroom,,,,lol

good grief

Its all so petty, if you read my 2 posts, im just putting forward views of how people are these days.

To me this is so petty, im shocked a issue has been made of it.

I mean if that were 'me' when I was in uniform, I would have just used the public loo, and not a locked customer only one. why? because rules are rules, despite how petty they are AND I don't want or expect 'special treatment' because the career I chose.

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 06:22 AM

PansyTilly.....I have not encountered a keyed restroom in like 30 years. I guess I can understand some places that are high crime areas, but in general public stores/restaurants typically do NOT have keyed restrooms.

Quite a few are locked in Malaysia, normally at gas stations. And only the female ones. The male toilets are never locked. But one can simply go to the counter to ask for it's keys if u need to use it

same here. but gas station restrooms are usually outdoor from the shop, and i can understand why they would lock it.

Yes, it is the outdoor ones that they lock. What is the reason? Can u tell me? Is it like they are afraid maybe drug users use it?

It's because unlocked outdoor access restrooms get really nasty (and usually damaged) really fast ... and no one wants to clean up the mess.

Yes this is the reason. My local starbucks is locked for customers only because less people are using them, so they are much cleaner, and are cleaned more often ( every hour I think at my local one) where with public toilets its a lot less.

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 06:18 AM
Edited by debbie1980 on Thu 09/17/15 06:24 AM

There are some in our society that deserve special treatment. Police and firefighters come to mind as public servants who risk their lives without great financial reward.

IMHO, Starbucks should officially tell their stores that the policy for restroom use 'quietly' does not apply to uniformed police, firefighters, military, or similar citizens who have the duty to protect us all.

The policy of "no public use" of restrooms is to keep street bums away from the stores. This past weekend I was at a Starbucks where a bum came into the store and screamed obscenities at the worker who had asked him to leave earlier. It was a really ugly scene. Two cops came in a few minutes later and were outside talking to the bum when I left.

If you see no need to give special consideration to a cop. He/she may not feel like giving you the special consideration of risking their life to save your azz. Most do anyway.

My point is, if they do it for one cop, they need to do it for all, and everyone who saves lives, so doctors, nurses, firefighters, paramedics, army, life guards. The list goes on............

And then arguments will start, because these people are getting special treatment because of the job they chose and the general public could make a issue of it.

Even though their job may not involve saving lives, it could still be of great importance to the public. Its not just people on the front line who play a part in saving lives, so where do you draw the line?

I just don't see the fuss, when there was another toilet just down the road. If there Wasn't, like I already said my opinion would be totally different.

I know if this happened to me when I was in uniform, I wouldn't have posted it on face book. Its just petty on both parts.

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 03:22 AM

She needs to drop by the
"How to improve your bowel movement" thread
Hahaha

ha ha laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 03:15 AM
Edited by debbie1980 on Thu 09/17/15 03:18 AM

Well said

flowerforyou

Im in a ranting mood this morning. laugh laugh

Why the hell did she even post this on facebook!! Its no big deal, just use the other toilet. rant rant slaphead slaphead slaphead

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 03:10 AM
Edited by debbie1980 on Thu 09/17/15 03:12 AM

I liked the point u were making deb

Thank you, I do get a bit irritated by people who think they deserve special treatment because their in a uniform, I Never did once.

Different circumstances, like if she had a medical problem with her bladder, she was pregnant etc, etc....... then fair a snuffs.

But it seems this story has ONLY come out because she's a cop.

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 02:58 AM
Edited by debbie1980 on Thu 09/17/15 03:07 AM
But that's their policy, only customers can use their toilets.

so because she's a cop, the rules shouldn't apply to her?

when they do to everyone else!!

I will continue to use starbucks as normal. I don't think they have done anything wrong, that's there rules.

There was a bathroom down the street, so why didn't she use that one in the first place like everyone else does, or when they said no, she should have just used the other one and no issue should have made of this.

I didn't expect special treatment when I was in my uniform.

Yes it is petty on both sides, but rules are rules whether we like them or not.

If they give her a special treatment, wont everyone else expect it in uniform? and the general public?

Oh and that's probably why the customers didn't say anything.

I should say, if there WASNT a toilet down the road that she could use, my opinion would be different.flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 09/17/15 02:20 AM

Purple or white .. Crystal .. Laughing .. Girl talk :-)

Lol ... the really smooth and hard one ...
And isn't No1 smart for wearing protection!
they're both really smooth and hard ok maybe they're both not hardsad tears .. and I've never noticed it to be the color purplesurprised

Maybe blondey meant purple when chocked laugh laugh surprised laugh laugh

no photo
Wed 09/16/15 02:00 PM

Hey....
I am searching for love to whom I can share my life
. is it possible hear?

ha ha cool hair laugh laugh :thumbsup: waving

no photo
Wed 09/16/15 01:43 PM

im still waiting on "how much a pint of beer costs in London"laugh

haven't been for a while but reckon about �6!

Its more than that in the posh bars. drinker drinker

do i look like i frequent "posh bars" in our gloriously overpriced capital :laughing:

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 09/16/15 01:35 PM

haven't been for a while but reckon about �6!

Its more than that in the posh bars. drinker drinker

no photo
Wed 09/16/15 12:46 PM

U haven't deb?
He is a prince from Denmark and he goes over to America to check out chicks firstly. And she is working part time at a pub. And she takes the mickey of his "queen's English" accent

I don't think I have. It doesn't ring a bell.

no photo
Wed 09/16/15 12:33 PM

It totally varies.

If you go to a Wetherspoon's pub, probably not much more expensive than out of London.

If you go to a posh bar, then a lot more.

drinks drinks drinks drinks

This reminds me of the "prince and I" movie where she says "u can really taste the extra 10 pence", refering to the more expensive beer

I cant recall seeing that film. think think

no photo
Wed 09/16/15 12:19 PM

It totally varies.

If you go to a Wetherspoon's pub, probably not much more expensive than out of London.

If you go to a posh bar, then a lot more.

drinks drinks drinks drinks

no photo
Wed 09/16/15 10:59 AM
I've just checked mine and it's stuck at page 50 and it wont go any higher, despite being tons more.

I never new that feature exists until I just checked after seeing this. slaphead slaphead smile2

no photo
Tue 09/15/15 10:38 AM
Edited by debbie1980 on Tue 09/15/15 10:39 AM

Trade your beautiful soul/ qualities if you would be cured from a chronic illness/injury etc.

I just made a post in the stress thread, that inspired me to write this thread.

For example, If you suffered from a debilitating chronic illness, that caused much suffering and pain etc.....and there was no cure IF you had the option to be cured of your chronic illness and trade it in for your beautiful soul, for example in my case, compassion/empathy, whatever your best quality is, would you?

For people who haven't got chronic illnesses and they CANT imagine what they would do,im trying to make this easier for you, but the same still applies. For example, if you needed your leg amputated etc..... and you could trade your soul/best qualities and keep your leg and save your self from illness, would you?

I am asking about YOU personally.

BUT if people want to add their children to this, that is fine. I know that's a tough one, so please don't feel you have to answer, what ever you feel comfortable with.

I AM FOCUSING ON PHYSICAL ILLNESSES FOR THIS THREAD.

Thanks peeps. waving waving

I won't because the physical illness can be cured and its pain isn't as much severe as the illness of soul or losing such quality. I consider it the transaction of bearing huge loss

I said a chronic illness, not a illness that can be cured.

Thanks, but i wont be posting in this thread again.
[/quote
OMG! I wronged, extreme sorry for that I think it annoyed you

Sorry, only the first part applied to you, not the second part, sorry, that's my fault. Im not annoyed at you at all. flowerforyou

Pansy, i have said in this thread, this would NEVER happen in real life. It was out of curiosity ONLY.

no photo
Tue 09/15/15 10:18 AM

Trade your beautiful soul/ qualities if you would be cured from a chronic illness/injury etc.

I just made a post in the stress thread, that inspired me to write this thread.

For example, If you suffered from a debilitating chronic illness, that caused much suffering and pain etc.....and there was no cure IF you had the option to be cured of your chronic illness and trade it in for your beautiful soul, for example in my case, compassion/empathy, whatever your best quality is, would you?

For people who haven't got chronic illnesses and they CANT imagine what they would do,im trying to make this easier for you, but the same still applies. For example, if you needed your leg amputated etc..... and you could trade your soul/best qualities and keep your leg and save your self from illness, would you?

I am asking about YOU personally.

BUT if people want to add their children to this, that is fine. I know that's a tough one, so please don't feel you have to answer, what ever you feel comfortable with.

I AM FOCUSING ON PHYSICAL ILLNESSES FOR THIS THREAD.

Thanks peeps. waving waving

I won't because the physical illness can be cured and its pain isn't as much severe as the illness of soul or losing such quality. I consider it the transaction of bearing huge loss

I said a chronic illness, not a illness that can be cured.

Thanks, but i wont be posting in this thread again.

no photo
Tue 09/15/15 10:15 AM
Edited by debbie1980 on Tue 09/15/15 10:17 AM
This thread isn't going how I wanted it to. Its NOT about me, I was simply interested to know if people would sacrifice their best qualities to be cured of a vile, debilitating chronic illness.

Im not talking about myself at all and my illnesses, that's why I did not state my health issues, this thread is NOT about me in anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Preshant - Some people have illnesses that causes so much suffering they don't feel they are living, just simply existing. They have NO quality of life at all and I think some people would trade pretty much anything to lead a actual life. That's what inspired to do this thread. Im not talking about myself. Thanks for posting. flowerforyou

Even if 'we' haven't suffered this, we might know other people who have.
------------------------------------------------------------------

For the people who got exactly what I meant, asking out of interest and no other reason, thank you.

I wont be coming back to this thread because its NOT about me and its lead where I didn't want it to go.

no photo
Tue 09/15/15 10:05 AM

Nope but hell nooooooooooooo...

Have you ever watched a movie where they gave up their souls to have something they wanted? Whether it be health or money it always backfires the Devil calls those souls back as soon as they get what they want..

I would rather live my life with what ever health issues I have with a clear mind and soul...

I have learned to deal with what ever comes around with a smile....Worrying about it or talking about it all the time only makes one dwell on it too much...

flowerforyou