Community > Posts By > ThoughtKnot

no photo
Sun 12/31/17 12:31 PM
My Take on this? There is a reason they are an EX!

no photo
Sun 12/31/17 10:45 AM
My daughter and I will be watching the Times Square Ball drop on T.V. with Popcorn and Dr Pepper.

no photo
Sat 12/30/17 06:21 PM

Yes. A handful of new members like to start topics of how long people have been here and why... Go figure.

Maybe because when you get someplace new it pays to talk with those who know what's going on? Call it recon or quest for info. Or just raising the hair on some folks back and who's got attitude, I don't know.

Good luck on finding those! *laughing*

Oh it works, see. I've already found 1 place NOT to go.

no photo
Sat 12/30/17 03:31 PM
Edited by ThoughtKnot on Sat 12/30/17 03:41 PM

Yes. A handful of new members like to start topics of how long people have been here and why... Go figure.

Maybe because when you get someplace new it pays to talk with those who know what's going on? Call it recon or quest for info. Or just raising the hair on some folks back and who's got attitude, I don't know.

no photo
Sat 12/30/17 02:10 PM

That's as far back as these chats go.
How many of you were here and are still here?

They actually go back farther. Just change the page number on the url

I went to the very end and clicked back towards 1 until posts actually showed up there were about 10 more pages but all came up blank. Mind you I only did this on Coffee house, Bars and Chit Chat.

no photo
Sat 12/30/17 11:40 AM

I just clocked a guy on here at 3810 days and he
started 7/26/2007, one of the first, still around,
kind of :-)

I came on in 2009, made enough friends to hang
around long past my expiration date.

Expiration date? Did I miss something here? I thought it expired when I expire, which I don't plan for any near future :)

no photo
Sat 12/30/17 11:18 AM

I dug through the closet and found my box of 'give a damn' and it was empty...

It was slow and I had little to do. Curiosity got the best of me what can I say.

no photo
Sat 12/30/17 12:31 AM

Considering that I am not going to try to impress a date, the where is not important. If I need to impress her, she is not the one.

Now, if she is impressed with me being me, that is something that interests me. Only then can we actually have a "Date".

To me, the "date" is not how much money you spend or the clothes you wear. Its not about the finest wine or the most succulent meats. Its not about the places you go or the other people you see.

Its about getting to know the other as they actually are in life. Its about enjoying each others company no matter where you are.

You hit the nail on the head Tom. I couldn't have said it better.

no photo
Fri 12/29/17 10:50 PM
That's as far back as these chats go.
How many of you were here and are still here?

no photo
Fri 12/29/17 07:02 PM
Nope, Just my daughter and I watching the times Square ball fall on the T.V.

no photo
Fri 12/29/17 06:44 PM
Edited by ThoughtKnot on Fri 12/29/17 06:48 PM
Hey! Taxi.
Works every time.

no photo
Fri 12/29/17 06:03 PM
Edited by ThoughtKnot on Fri 12/29/17 06:04 PM

I hear you, but in my opinion many woman have done the " raggedy Anne" period of their life. As have many men. They reach a point where they do want stability and yes, maybe some of life's enjoyments in their live. They earned it.. They are not gold diggers in my mind. I'm not taking about a random woman.. I'm talking about " your lady" They paid their dues, as have the men. They want to enjoy the rest of their live. a bit. Not in excesses.. just not worry too much.. anymore

JMO

I don't Know about all of this or how it works, what I do know is when I see a profile that is demanding a life of travel and other "expectations" I just click the little X. I own my own home and I'm retired. But if that's what you're interested in then I'm not interested in you (not you specifically, but generality) First thing I'm looking for is a person who's interested in a cup of coffee and some chit chat..We may get along and move on from there, we may have nothing in common BUT that cup of coffee and enjoy many of them for years to come and go no further. I'm interested in a human being to share life, not possessions, or positions.

no photo
Fri 12/29/17 10:38 AM

Old girls? Not very enticing

Right? It amazes me some of the things these guys say. It's no wonder they are single......................lol

no photo
Fri 12/29/17 07:44 AM
25 degrees outside I'm bored and ready to hibernate.

no photo
Sun 12/24/17 04:29 PM
From Me to each and every one of you.

no photo
Sat 12/23/17 02:05 PM

Men need to work and make decent pay, unless they are disabled.

Gee you mean that ain't what "Independant Woman" "Feminism" is all about? Ha, I guess they want their cake and eat it too. Just before ya jump all over my lazy butt, I'm retired I put in my hard labor and run a side business.

no photo
Sat 12/23/17 01:55 PM
Edited by ThoughtKnot on Sat 12/23/17 01:56 PM

You are separated!!! Not free for a serious relationship. Imo

You have obviously had some issues with someone separated. I reckon he took her back. That is definitely NOT always the case. Example mine, she couldn't come back with a tank and a crowbar.

no photo
Fri 12/22/17 07:06 PM

ooooh a new profile huh?

If you meant me, Yes Ma'am.

no photo
Fri 12/22/17 06:39 PM

Okay now that's funny!laugh

I would like to hear why so many men never respond to attractive but independent and active women on dating sites. Yea, I get that men in my age group (50+noway ) want to date someone half their age but surely they know that's never going to happen unless there's a lot of money involved.

" independent and active " There's your answer right there. A guy likes to be depended on and as for active, at our age slow and steady wins.

no photo
Fri 12/22/17 07:47 AM
I probably shouldn't have said that.

Previous 1