Community > Posts By > lookin4home

lookin4home's photo
Mon 08/08/11 09:07 PM

Do you believe that you will see the end of the world as we know it in your life time? Are you taking any steps to prepare yourself?

I'm not talking about the end of life on Earth or the complete destruction of the Earth. I simply mean the break down of modern society and reverting back to a time without electricity and other modern conviences. This could be through plague, extreme weather or natural disaster, ect.

I find myself caught between preparing for a life in the modern world and preparing for the collapse of the modern world. Do you ever find yourself in the same conflict?

The way of this lifestyle, societally, politically and ethically, is showing it is unsustainable...the accumulations of debts, both personally and country, the illusionary ethos of shares and stocks....the whole illusionary concept of money as an energy exchange...

Greed based mentality is unsustainable...we are all inter-connected irrespective of our mindsets...the mere fact we all share a coomon address, this planet shows this...as this continues to break down and fragment, those who are resilient, and aware....or awake move quietly and purposely towards co-creating sustainable communities...where energy conversion is more about the greater good of all...and working together.

More is not more....the have more, get more, want more easily discarded, instant gratification mentality is madness....pure insanity, and not part of our herding mentality as the human animal...co-existing is the instinctual.

Couldn't agree more.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 08/08/11 02:57 PM
Do you believe that you will see the end of the world as we know it in your life time? Are you taking any steps to prepare yourself?

I'm not talking about the end of life on Earth or the complete destruction of the Earth. I simply mean the break down of modern society and reverting back to a time without electricity and other modern conviences. This could be through plague, extreme weather or natural disaster, ect.

I find myself caught between preparing for a life in the modern world and preparing for the collapse of the modern world. Do you ever find yourself in the same conflict?

lookin4home's photo
Thu 08/04/11 10:40 AM

I think I'm single because guys just can't keep up with me lol

You won my contest.

You are the first person from Oklahoma I have seen in the forums.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 08/03/11 02:09 PM

This would be like a parent who makes unrealistic expectations of his children. Like expecting them to go straight into college without having gone through grade school and high school first.

That would just be a flawed parent who isn't thinking clearly.

You keep trying to pass the blame. Your actions, your choices, are made by YOU. They are not made by God, your parents, aliens, or anything other then you. The laws of the old covenant weren't unrealistic. They were simple, again no stealing, no lying, no murdering, told of how to receive forgiveness of sins, ect. What is so hard about following those laws? It is because of the own people's decisions to be disobedient God chose to give us a second chance through Jesus, because we couldn't do on our own. Again, not God's fault. Because again, your actions come from YOU, not anyone or anything else.

I must say you are pulling things from your a**. This whole paragraph doesn't make any logical sense.

If the laws were simple and the people didn't follow the rules, why would you give them simpler rules to follow?

Why would you send your son to die so that people can have an easier time getting forgivness if the rules were simple to begin with?

If they were simple before Jesus, and we just didn't follow the rules, why couldn't we do it on our own?

If we couldn't do it on our own, how is that not God's fault for creating us with out the capability to attain forgivness for our sins?

I think religous people sometimes confuse logic and faith.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 07/14/11 12:50 PM

This is a poll.

Do you believe the Bible is historically accurate?

Does your church teach that the Bible is true and historically accurate?

Are all the stories set out and told in the Bible true or are they fiction or a mixture of both?

Forest Gump might be historically accurate but it's still fiction.

The bible is just like the stories of Greek mythology, which the prophets ripped off to write the bible in the first place, they are real people and real places but it's not what really happened.

lookin4home's photo
Sun 06/19/11 03:34 PM

You're not taking responsibility for what you chose not to do. If she told you she was on birth control and wasn't, that's a sh*tty situation. But, you're able to prevent the pregnancy from happening if you take responsibility into your own hands by wearing a condom. If you don't, then it's the fault of both of you.

Everyone eventually stops using condoms. They get a little expensive when you are having sex with the same person on a semi-daily basis for an extended period of time. She took the responsibility of maintaining birth control to prevent pregnancy, then she chose to stop taking it. I don't see where anything changed on my part to stop her from taking her birth control and preventing the pregnancy.

You're still not taking any responsibility for yourself. You said in the beginning it isn't hard for a woman to talk a man out of wearing a condom. If you're unable to take responsibility for something like this that you chose not to do, perhaps you aren't ready to be having sex.

There are just as many times where women poke holes in the condom to try and get pregnant. That happen to a friend of mine, he finally found one of the wrappers with holes in it and found out why she loved to be the one to put them on.

The issue was trust, I trusted someone I shouldn't have. She could have found a way even if I was wearing a condom. I would take responsibility for the child because I chose to have sex with her but all the responsibility for her getting pregnant goes to her.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/16/11 09:26 PM

You're not taking responsibility for what you chose not to do. If she told you she was on birth control and wasn't, that's a sh*tty situation. But, you're able to prevent the pregnancy from happening if you take responsibility into your own hands by wearing a condom. If you don't, then it's the fault of both of you.

Everyone eventually stops using condoms. They get a little expensive when you are having sex with the same person on a semi-daily basis for an extended period of time. She took the responsibility of maintaining birth control to prevent pregnancy, then she chose to stop taking it. I don't see where anything changed on my part to stop her from taking her birth control and preventing the pregnancy.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/16/11 02:06 PM
Way to dodge the question.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/16/11 10:37 AM

Silly.
They can't fire that weapon if you do
not provide them with the ammunition.

I'll admit this is very true.
Talking a man out of a condom isn't exactly a hard task in most cases though.
Lesson learned, that's for sure.

If you're letting women talk you out of using a condom, you cannot blame the women solely for what happens next. Use some common sense.

I cant blame the woman for lying about using birth control? I can't blame a woman for pretending to be pregnant?

I cant blame her for talking me out of it but I can blame her for knowingly trying to get pregnant when telling me she is taking all nessicary procautions not to. I blame her for lying. If she said she wasn't taking her birth control I'd of tucked it back in my pants and drove to the store.

I said you can't blame them solely for what happened next. Meaning, you chose not to use a condom. That was your choice.

So if I tell a woman I'm wearing a condom and don't, it's her fault for not being on birth control if she gets pregnant?

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/16/11 10:23 AM

Silly.

If you're letting women talk you out of using a condom, you cannot blame the women solely for what happens next. Use some common sense.

I cant blame the woman for lying about using birth control? I can't blame a woman for pretending to be pregnant?

I cant blame her for talking me out of it but I can blame her for knowingly trying to get pregnant when telling me she is taking all nessicary procautions not to. I blame her for lying. If she said she wasn't taking her birth control I'd of tucked it back in my pants and drove to the store.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/16/11 10:12 AM
"You just had a near life experience" Brad Pitt, Fight Club

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/16/11 10:04 AM

Silly.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/16/11 09:28 AM

This goes along with the male birth control thread.. http://mingle2.com/topic/show/304302

I don't see how this fits in male birth control. It's more about women saying they are taking it and lying.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/16/11 08:33 AM

Good reason to use male birth control. :wink:

I would totally use that if they had it on the market. I'd rather be sure at least one of us is using it.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/16/11 08:13 AM
using pregnancy as a weapon in their arsenal? If things aren't working with a man, how does getting/pretending to be pregnant help anything?

I'm only talking about purposefully doing this, not accidents.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/16/11 08:01 AM
When you show the worst side of yourself, and she sticks around.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 06/15/11 01:38 PM

so post another one

There are so many articles about this case out there, it would be hard to find one that summed it up entirely and unbiased, since it is still being covered. I've been watching it on the news for a long time. Thats why I simply said to research it before posting.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 06/15/11 01:30 PM

I agree with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHshsgpsxFg&playnext=1&list=PL2CB0034637C38F40

gunman ran, victim ran after him ,, that I understand

unarmed robber already laying shot on the floor,

victim walks PAST him to retrieve another gun and walks back TOWARD him to shoot him five more times

its beyond reasonable or necessary force in this case, he may get sympathy from peers if he pleads temporary insanity

no gun found yet? Id love to hear his explanation for returning to shoot this boy five more times,,,

they brought on a certain karma committing this crime, but I dont want to see us become a land of vigilante justice (dare I say, especially when there are so many underlying bigotries going on)

I agree that he went too far. If the kid had died as a result of the first shot to the head, no problems from my view. When he came back and got another gun to finish the job, that's where the ole shawshank prosecution comes to play. If you take the time to reload or get another gun then you are taking the time to think about what you are doing. That's where he moved past the crime of passion/adrenaline rush, it was simply anger that was clouding his mind.

His reasoning for shooting the unarmed robber is that he was moving. In the video he is out of view, so you can't tell if he was moving or not. I'm sure he was moving...being shot in the head will do that to ya, conscience or not.

The pharmacist was also caught in a couple lies with his story. In his first report he said he shot him before chasing after the other robber and then when he gave statement to OSBI he said it was after. He also said something about another person outside pointing a shotgun at him, witnesses outside the store say they never saw the car or man he was speaking of.

I totally agree about not wanting us to become a nation of vigilates. This isn't the wild west anymore, there is more than enough law enforcement to go around, if not too much. You don't get to be judge and jury for someone who has commited a crime against you. Everyone deserves due process.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 06/15/11 09:59 AM
Thanks, but I missed all the good discussion. That and the article posted is BS, missing a lot of facts and poor wording. Oh well, my opinion is usually best left to myself anyways.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 06/15/11 08:49 AM
Has anyone heard about this guy?
I'm from Oklahoma so I've heard all about it.
He is the pharmacist who got life in prison for shooting and killing the 16yo who was attempting to rob his pharmacy.

Opinions?

I sudgest looking up the story/watching the video before commenting. It's an interesting case.