Community > Posts By > lookin4home

lookin4home's photo
Sun 01/17/16 12:09 AM

I found that more and more people ask for chat in the first message, for a date in the second, and for sex in the 3rd message (all these in less than 5 minutes). Without ask likes, how you feel or why you are in a date website.
My panties color or if I'm horny is not in discussion when you are looking for a real date :)
If you are looking just sex, you can ask for it, and maybe with luck you can have it. What I'm trying to say is (and need others opinions) be sincere, don't try to go into a lady panties with "I'm looking for my soul mate" if that is not your intention. ;)

Says the woman looking for a far older man for friendship...as long as they have enough money to take care of her and treat her to nice meals. Yeah, I read your profile. Why not just say "I'm looking for a sugar daddy, but I'm not putting out". Well Pot, keep calling the Kettle black...

lookin4home's photo
Sat 08/22/15 10:44 PM
Try to prepare your kids for the road. Don't try to prepare the road for your kids.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 09/04/13 02:16 PM
Well Tom Cruise is the producer of the movie, so I'm sure that's how he got the part. I complained about the same thing before watching it. He tries too hard to pull off the role and the movie doesn't really follow the book at all, but it was ok.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 09/04/13 12:41 PM

I know a profile of a deceased gentleman that is still on this site after three years. I have contacted the site to let them know. Ladies, the site says that he last visited a month ago. Makes me wonder how long ago anyone has last visited. Oh, I also received a messages from Mingle stating the deceased man wanted to meet me??? ohwell

They will never inactivate profiles on this site, because it is free. The more active profiles means it will be more appealing to potential members, and being a free website, the more people they can get means the more they can charge for advertising on their site. Thus, inactivating old profiles would be counter productive. Furthermore, setting the last visited to only over a month ago follows in the same type of manipulation. It's just good for business. Not that I'm complaining, it's free.

lookin4home's photo
Sat 07/13/13 06:47 PM
People die every second. Shed a tear for all of them, and you'll spend your whole life crying. That's no way to live.

Did you know Trayvon Martin?

Didn't think so.

Are you the judge or on the jury?

Didn't think so.

Move on, and you may find more time to focus on those you actually know and love. Because they are going to die too, one day.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 03/27/13 09:36 PM
Why post the topic in English and the poem in French..?

lookin4home's photo
Wed 03/27/13 11:53 AM
Secrets and lies
A polite disguise
Wearing the mask
Hides her eyes

Reflected light
Unrecognized

Then she cries
Who am I
When I don't know
Who I am inside

lookin4home's photo
Sun 01/13/13 05:19 AM

A guy sent me a friend request...which I usually accept friend requests.
I mean, Who is so rich that they can afford to throw away a friend, Right?

Well, I accepted him but then I noticed he is
" Looking for an Intimate Encounter"

Why did he contact me, Yeah..I have my scatter brain moments but I sure as hell wouldn't have forgotten to say NO Intimate Encounters!

My question.. Shouldn't Intimate Encounter people be MADE to stick with their OWN kind? ok, ok... That does sound judgey but I'm sorry... there is an ICK factor there for me :-(

What's the air like up there on your high horse?

You don't take the time to look at their profile before accepting but you expect them fully examine yours. I think there is a word for people like that...

I sudgest you: remove the stick, take it as a compliment to your curb appeal, remove the friend, and be more selective about accepting requests from people you've never spoken to.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 09/24/12 09:23 PM
Edited by lookin4home on Mon 09/24/12 09:25 PM
Two friends dead
Both from OD
Gun to my head
Wishing it were me
I got them hooked
Only I got free
Two friends dead
Wishing it were me

Two friends dead
They died at the scene
Out getting drunk
Wishing it were me
I could have driven instead
Too caught up in the scene
Two more friends dead
Wishing it were me

Four friends dead
Thought the rule was three
Blaming myself
For what I didn't see
Little did I know
What was in store for me
Four friends dead
Wishing it were me

Two more dead
Grandfathers gripped in disease
Smoking my cigarette
Wishing it were me
The rule held true
Six divided by two is three
Six friends dead
Wishing it were me

Six friends dead
They left without me
Tears in my eyes
Wishing it were me
Having trouble coping
With all these foul deeds
They're all gone now
And I wish it was me

lookin4home's photo
Tue 08/21/12 01:17 AM
Hmmm...let's see. There was the girl I loved but didn't realize that's what it was at the time. There is the girl I loved, but really just liked the idea of it all, no real love there. There was the girl I thought, and fully convinced myself, I loved. Then there was the real deal, and that was it for me.

So, as for how many times we can fall in love, just the once and there is no retreat.

Good or bad, she still has my heart and always will. Hell, I didn't even know I had one, until she made it beat. Now it only beats for her, and I've been dead for years.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 08/20/12 09:17 PM
Just finished A Dance with Dragons in the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin.

lookin4home's photo
Sun 07/29/12 12:53 AM
Edited by lookin4home on Sun 07/29/12 12:54 AM
There are a lot of profiles that say the same thing.

Headline: Hi..
Interests: I'll tell you later
Main: Hi..

Some are filled out a little more, but all have the headline of "Hi..".

I assume they are all fake.

Has anyone else noticed these?

lookin4home's photo
Sun 07/29/12 12:45 AM

What's an okay lady? Do you mean a lady who is decent? Someone sane? I'm confused. laugh. And welcome. Btw :) I'm just confused a little by your question. Haha

Ok is the abreviation for Oklahoma. So, it would be an Oklahoma lady.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 06/11/12 02:30 AM
Like every other emotion, it's a state of mind.

Stay away from it. Love is balanced by hate. You can't know one without the other, and everything requires balance.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 05/24/12 11:32 AM

Can I just ask one thing? If someone can't trust people on a dating site, then why be on one? It doesn't make sense. It's ironic, if anything.

You can't trust anyone online. I think that's like the first rule of being online. I've been bouncing around the internet for like 10yrs now. I've only found 1 person that I acctually trusted to be who they said they were, and it never mattered because I never met her. The only 2 people I've met from online, I made sure someone knew where I was going, and took personal protection. To trust them would have been naivety bordering on stupidity. You can only be betrayed by those you trust. If you don't trust them, they can't betray you.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 05/24/12 12:02 AM
Such a funny topic.

I am always me even when I'm not playing the part. The beauty I, like a lot of people, find in the internet is I don't have to be me. I have all sorts of names out there. They are characters, but they all represent a side of my personality. The best characters are the ones I don't get to play in real life. I remember a saying from sociology "I am, what I think, you think I am". In real life there are expectations of how you should act and preconcieved ideas of who you are. Online, no one knows who I am. So, I can be whoever I want.

People get attached to characters all the time, tv, movies, books, ect. My characters are real to the same extent. I'm sure people will think I'm weird or wrong, but I don't really care. It's just entertainment to me, and since I'll never meet any of them, it's simply entertainment for them too.

So, am I me? or a character of me? You'll never know.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 05/14/12 05:37 PM
Creepy...

lookin4home's photo
Wed 04/25/12 12:45 PM
Just lookin 4 home.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 04/18/12 02:32 PM
Edited by lookin4home on Wed 04/18/12 02:35 PM

When does something become exclusive?

How do you know?

Is there an assumption or is it something to be discussed and mutually agreed upon?

If you are 'dating' someone, do you know or care whether they are also dating others?

would it cause jealousy or problems if someone that was 'dating' you, that you were developing feelings for, was dating others as well?

How would you discuss it,, ,,,how would you bring it up?

,,,I imagine I will have to tackle dating eventually, but its new to me because I Was always someones 'wife' and the commitment is important to me.

Just looking for some opinions and I know this is where to find them....lol

Good questions. I've wondered this myself. I'll just have to give you my view, I don't know how it works with others. In the world of internet dating, I don't mind if someone is testing the waters with multiple people. For me, even if I'm talking to 3 girls at once, one will stick out more than the rest. Once that happens, I tend to focus more on her and let the others slowly fade out. If I'm really that interested, I will become exclusive on my own. By the time of a 3rd date I expect them to have made the same decision and either let me fade out or be exclusive. If they haven't made a decision by then, I assume they aren't that interested.

Edit: This is all based on lack of sexual relations. Once you hit that point you should already be exclusive, imo.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 04/18/12 02:17 PM
I regret my first breath, every one since, only brings me closer to death.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9