Community > Posts By > lookin4home

lookin4home's photo
Thu 05/12/11 09:36 AM
I stood someone up once. It was in retaliation. We went on a first date, after dinner we went to a movie. We got our seats and sat down, she said she needed to use the restroom and never came back. When she called a few days later wanting another date, I accepted, but never showed.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 05/09/11 08:43 AM
That I'd rather be alone.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 05/09/11 06:59 AM
I like it. I also agree with bbqknght, makes me rethink my crappy profile lol.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 05/05/11 12:20 PM
Theory of Relativity – A Testament to Creation
Using the observed cosmic expansion conjunctively with the general theory of relativity, we can infer from the data that the further back into time one looks, the universe ought to diminish in size accordingly. However, this cannot be extrapolated indefinitely. The universe’s expansion helps us to appreciate the direction in which time flows. This is referred to as the Cosmological arrow of time, and implies that the future is -- by definition -- the direction towards which the universe increases in size. The expansion of the universe also gives rise to the second law of thermodynamics, which states that the overall entropy (or disorder) in the Universe can only increase with time because the amount of energy available for work deteriorates with time. If the universe was eternal, therefore, the amount of usable energy available for work would have already been exhausted. Hence it follows that at one point the entropy value was at absolute 0 (most ordered state at the moment of creation) and the entropy has been increasing ever since -- that is, the universe at one point was fully “wound up” and has been winding down ever since. This has profound theological implications, for it shows that time itself is necessarily finite. If the universe were eternal, the thermal energy in the universe would have been evenly distributed throughout the cosmos, leaving each region of the cosmos at uniform temperature (at very close to absolute 0), rendering no further work possible.

The General Theory of Relativity demonstrates that time is linked, or related, to matter and space, and thus the dimensions of time, space, and matter constitute what we would call a continuum. They must come into being at precisely the same instant. Time itself cannot exist in the absence of matter and space. From this, we can infer that the uncaused first cause must exist outside of the four dimensions of space and time, and possess eternal, personal, and intelligent qualities in order to possess the capabilities of intentionally space, matter -- and indeed even time itself -- into being.

Moreover, the very physical nature of time and space also suggest a Creator, for infinity and eternity must necessarily exist from a logical perspective. The existence of time implies eternity (as time has a beginning and an end), and the existence of space implies infinity. The very concepts of infinity and eternity infer a Creator because they find their very state of being in God, who transcends both and simply is.

I support no religion. I am Agnostic.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 04/27/11 04:21 PM
Lol, good luck man.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 04/20/11 02:58 PM

Imagine the uproar that would happen if someone called Obama a chimp.
You really don't understand the difference, do you?

Would sombody please explain to this person why, to call Bush a chimp is just insulting, while calling Obama a chimp would be a racist remark? Is this really that hard?

maybe you should, cause i don't get it either... are they both people?
why is why is it just insulting to the white guy, and racist to the black guy?... seems the liberal standard is a little off...

I will tell you the reason...

When the white man rounded up blacks and brought them to America in chains to be their slaves.... most white people did not even consider black people to be human.

This same thing happened to women. The catholic church at one point questioned whether women were human. Seriously.

Also, the persons of royal bloodlines, consider themselves superior to 'humans.' To them, regular humans are 'animals.'

Its all about "I'm superior to you."

Whites didn't round up blacks lol. White people rarely got off the boat. Black people rounded up black people in Africa, they were already slaves before they were sold to white people. If it wasnt for the slave trade to America, black people wouldn't have the oppurtunity to be an American president, I don't have that oppurtunity. Hell some of those families would still be slaves in Africa today if it wasn't for the slave trade. Just because it's the most recent example of slavery doesnt mean it's the worst. Europe ended slavery before America did and they are far more racist. This thread is terrible, white vs black and red vs blue. We all have to live here together, can't we get past our "teams" and make decisions that aren't based solely on our "team" winning, but what's best for the country? Things have gotten out of control. As racism declines we just find new ways to seperate ourselves. I'm so tired of hearing democrats ***** about republicans and vice versa. When Bush was in office everyone bitched about republicans and now that Obama is in office everyone is bitching about democrats. Has no one here ever heard "together we stand, divided we fall"? Suck it up and just vote.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 04/14/11 01:29 PM
Hell, I'm glad someone does lol. Thanks for reading it.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 04/14/11 11:45 AM
I've been living in a fairytale

Looking for a happy end
looking for loyal friends
looking beyond the vale
looking for eyes that cast a spell
looking for my story to tell

Looking to never fail but to overcome the scale
looking for a life on the other side fo the rails
looking for a place I fit in
looking for a better person within

Looking for peace at last
looking to escape my past
looking for good things that last
looking for a place where things don't move so fast

Looking for a happy family
looking for a remedy
looking to replace memories
looking for my lost dignity

Looking to escape a name
looking to escape the shame
looking for a place I can stay sane
looking for a place I can't explain

Looking for a place where news isn't bad or worse
looking to escape my curse
looking for a place I can't resist
looking and looking, I can't find an exit
I'll keep looking but it doesn't exist, because this is the real world, a place I never thought could exist.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 04/14/11 09:17 AM
"People growing marijuana indoors use 1 percent of the U.S. electricity supply, and they create 17 million metric tons of carbon dioxide every year (not counting the smoke exhaled) according to a report by Evan Mills, an energy analyst at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory"

I'm pretty sure plants use carbon dioxide so I would think this would offset. 1 percent wow...if only we could do something about how our electricity was created in the first place so that this would not be an issue for anyone using it for anything. I agree with bastet126, make it legal and it would not be an issue.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 04/11/11 02:59 PM

That was so long, I doubt many will read it. On the other hand, everyone should read it.

Why? It's just a string of logical and economic fallacies. laugh

Regaurdless, it still needs to be read. The overall idea of the post is true, the minority own the majority. In Canada, where I am from originally, 80% of their economy is based in small business. In the USA our elected officials come from the 1% and serve the 1%. It seems to me the Gov. here has divided itself, like most of the country has in sports, into 2 teams. It doesnt matter what the issues are anymore, as long as your team wins, who cares? Only here have i heard the saying "best country in the world" so many times by people who have never lived anywhere else. Americans seem to have the idea that, as long as they have more than any other country economically, they are the best. Money isn't real, but power is. Yes the USA is the most powerful country, but that power is suppose to be in the handsof the people, and from what I have witnessed and studied, power in the USA is handed down to the same families over generations. Sounds a lot like monarchy to me, the only difference is you get to vote which family you want to have the most power for 4 years.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 04/11/11 07:12 AM
That was so long, I doubt many will read it. On the other hand, everyone should read it.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 03/28/11 03:02 PM
I dig it. pictures are clear and we can see your face. it reads well and has plenty of information. i like that you added the part about cali, im sure its helpful for a lot of people.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 03/24/11 11:41 AM
In other news, i agree with andybgood and gravelridgeboy.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 03/24/11 11:38 AM
Shiki I just don’t like you, regardless of the topic. You’re one of those people that like to get on forums and post because in real day to day life no one cares about what you have to say. You feel compelled to have your voice heard when no one wants to hear it. You show up in a science and philosophy forum to talk about Jesus’ resurrection, why? Probably because no one wants to talk to you so the only way to get people to talk to you is to have them argue with you. Go get a girlfriend, get some friends, get a life, and when that doesn’t work go get a dog, because even though he doesn’t care what you have to say and doesn’t want to hear it, he'll stick around for the free food and water.
That's all i have to say about that.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 03/24/11 07:56 AM
Yes, blood tests show that Jesus was a vampire.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 Next