Community > Posts By > yana39roy

no photo
Wed 02/28/18 12:11 PM

Can a girl expect to fall in love with a man (ps: not below 36) who will support her emotionally as well as financially and let her pursue her dreams.... or is it pure foolishness to expect something like this ?

With the way the great majority of women are now, Why would a man want to take care of a woman? Especially financially? Many are doing it by themselves. You can too. In other words, Go get a job and then pursue your dreams. When you have finished whatever it is you wish to pursue, then start looking for a man.

And when you start looking for one, look for one for the right reasons. Look for one that you can love, that loves you, unconditionally. Never go at it with the idea of, "I love you "if" you take care of me. Or "if" anything. You both should be, "I love you, PERIOD.

Because shyt is gonna happen. That's just life. If the real love isn't there, you will never make it. So, forget about all that other stuff. Take care of yourself. Learn to support "you". And always remember, Never ask another to give you something that you can't give back. Or give yourself.

In other words, Many women now will ask a man to support her in all kinds of ways. But many are not willing to give that same support back to him.

I really feel sympathy for you that you haven't crossed paths with a woman who would have made you feel protective and possessive towards her. And all the more because of the lack of reciprocation.

I don't know everything. But, since you come from a different part of the world, well, things are just different. Women where you are, are more like the way women used to be here. As far as the "protective" and "possessive" part of your statement goes, Every woman that I've ever been romantically linked with I felt protective of.

I think that's just born in a man to be that way. But many women here in this part of the world, they no longer appreciate that. They can do it for themselves. So, since so many want to assert their independence to such an extreme, Well, many men just don't see the point anymore.

The "possessive" part of your statement. I've never wanted to possess a woman. They are not a possession. I do understand what you mean, though. At least I think I do. I think you mean more like, "belonging". That's the way it once was here. If you said you belonged to a man, it meant that was where your heart was. Your heart is with him. And even with that, you're still not a possession.

That lack of reciprocation you spoke of, that's one of the reasons why so many American men every year go to other countries seeking wives. Mostly certain Asian countries. Another small bit of information. Some men will bring a woman back with him to the USA. Many will not. They go where ever she is. Let's say the Philippines.

They will go there and live with her because they don't want to bring her here where she might see how many American women are. They don't want to run the risk of her getting around American women that might change her from the way she is. And yes, many will argue that they can show her how to not be a slave to a man.

It's not about being a slave to some man. It's about being a wife.Showing a man that you love him, respect him and you need him in your life. And many here don't know how to do that anymore. What many American women will show you, is how to wind up alone. Like many of them are. I'm not saying that "all" are this way. But too many are. It's sad really.

I just saw Philippines and I do feel Charles gave us a compliment. So in behalf of the Filipino women here. I want to say thank you flowerforyou there are really cultural differences which can shape our character and if imbedded really deep there’s really no need to worry. IMHO :thumbsup:

:kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes:

no photo
Wed 02/28/18 12:06 PM

Can a girl expect to fall in love with a man (ps: not below 36) who will support her emotionally as well as financially and let her pursue her dreams.... or is it pure foolishness to expect something like this ?

With the way the great majority of women are now, Why would a man want to take care of a woman? Especially financially? Many are doing it by themselves. You can too. In other words, Go get a job and then pursue your dreams. When you have finished whatever it is you wish to pursue, then start looking for a man.

And when you start looking for one, look for one for the right reasons. Look for one that you can love, that loves you, unconditionally. Never go at it with the idea of, "I love you "if" you take care of me. Or "if" anything. You both should be, "I love you, PERIOD.

Because shyt is gonna happen. That's just life. If the real love isn't there, you will never make it. So, forget about all that other stuff. Take care of yourself. Learn to support "you". And always remember, Never ask another to give you something that you can't give back. Or give yourself.

In other words, Many women now will ask a man to support her in all kinds of ways. But many are not willing to give that same support back to him.

I really feel sympathy for you that you haven't crossed paths with a woman who would have made you feel protective and possessive towards her. And all the more because of the lack of reciprocation.

I don't know everything. But, since you come from a different part of the world, well, things are just different. Women where you are, are more like the way women used to be here. As far as the "protective" and "possessive" part of your statement goes, Every woman that I've ever been romantically linked with I felt protective of.

I think that's just born in a man to be that way. But many women here in this part of the world, they no longer appreciate that. They can do it for themselves. So, since so many want to assert their independence to such an extreme, Well, many men just don't see the point anymore.

The "possessive" part of your statement. I've never wanted to possess a woman. They are not a possession. I do understand what you mean, though. At least I think I do. I think you mean more like, "belonging". That's the way it once was here. If you said you belonged to a man, it meant that was where your heart was. Your heart is with him. And even with that, you're still not a possession.

That lack of reciprocation you spoke of, that's one of the reasons why so many American men every year go to other countries seeking wives. Mostly certain Asian countries. Another small bit of information. Some men will bring a woman back with him to the USA. Many will not. They go where ever she is. Let's say the Philippines.

They will go there and live with her because they don't want to bring her here where she might see how many American women are. They don't want to run the risk of her getting around American women that might change her from the way she is. And yes, many will argue that they can show her how to not be a slave to a man.

It's not about being a slave to some man. It's about being a wife.Showing a man that you love him, respect him and you need him in your life. And many here don't know how to do that anymore. What many American women will show you, is how to wind up alone. Like many of them are. I'm not saying that "all" are this way. But too many are. It's sad really.

I just saw Philippines and I do feel Charles gave us a compliment. So in behalf of the Filipino women here. I want to say thank you flowerforyou there are really cultural differences which can shape our character and if imbedded really deep there’s really no need to worry. IMHO :thumbsup:

:kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes:

no photo
Wed 02/28/18 12:05 PM

:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley: I get what you are trying to assert. And no I did not want to use the term belonging. I very specifically used possessive . Being a possession and feeling possessive towards somebody is something really different. But then again it may be how you perceive environments. Well about the American men seeking wives from other part of the world as informative thank you for that piece of information.
But how I try to look at it is that if you belong to someone it's not slavery woman belonging to a man . I am unable to understand how did the word slavery even entered this conversation. But if a woman belongs to a man the man too has to belong to that woman. Unfortunately however such phenomenon are a rarity.

Thanks for putting forth your views though ☺

no photo
Sun 02/25/18 01:31 AM

Why would anyone want to take care of anyone? Love. Real love, that is.

I could see myself doing it IF I had financial security already and I found someone who was well matched with me, and I knew the person was not lazy and was passionate about their dream, especially if they were struggling to work and pursue the dream simultaneously

If I loved them, I could easily say, "Hey, dont worry about the money, devote your energies to your dream."

For many, that is a pipe dream.
A pipe dream I would love to find in my reality sock.

I raised a family on one income. I worked my body to death (literally) to support them.
I lived like that for years thinking of nothing in return.
That is, until I actually needed something in return.
Then I learned that all the dedication and commitment means nothing if there is no dedication and commitment returned. Especially when you need it the most (like recovering from a brush with death).
I supported her and she wanted for nothing.
I needed her and she dropped the ball.
I was gullible.

Its my own fault. I was deluded by my own concept of fairness.
I now know that I chose poorly.

I don't think it was your fault. It was just the wrong person you had in your life. Yes people are mean. And that's the reason
why majority of the world today is getting the genuine feelings they need from other person by paying for it. But something which they don't understand is that the genuineness and loyalty cannot be bought ke forced. It has to be from both sides.

no photo
Sun 02/25/18 01:22 AM
Edited by yana39roy on Sun 02/25/18 01:23 AM

no photo
Sun 02/25/18 01:16 AM

interesting...up to now, my experience has been that love has nothing at all to do with my expectations...it happened regardless of whether i wanted it or did not want it or blessed it or cursed it or swore it would never happen again ...and it happened with someone penniless and with someone wealthy and someone who matched a made up list and with someone who satisfied very little of my list...hahaha...the cheeky thing...love seemed to care not one bit about my expectations...

my nickel

Hihihi
Well all i can say to you Sir is that
Hope you find the one you dreamt for as dreams do keep us driving even though they don't get fulfilled

no photo
Sun 02/25/18 01:12 AM

I like to think any loving couple will support each other emotionally.

I think everyone hopes that a loving partner would be eager to help them make their dreams come true, especially if they are financially able.

Just be mindful that the other partner would be hoping for the same level of devotion too.

If you meet this paragon of a man, I hope you take the time to consider his emotional support and what financial sacrifices you would be willing to make to see his dreams come true as well.

If you are as willing as he is, then you may really have something. flowerforyou

Every relationship is on a give and take basis and if it's not then you call that as a " one sided "
But if true love comes into the picture various aspects are covered. Elaborating it a bit more; you care for the other person even more than yourself; you wonder whether your partner is into any inconvinience and try to find out some way so as to reduce it,
You get pleasure even when you watch them go to sleep,
Even when you are tired at the end of the day you wait for them to come home so that the both of you can sleep together.

no photo
Sun 02/25/18 01:04 AM

What about equal rights
Women and Men
If a man can support a woman, and the women claims equal rights on everything then nothing wrong with that
I’m able to be sugar man if some woman could support me, and fulfill all of my desires!!

Please make me understand where does equal rights of men and women come into the brackets of true love and financial support ?

no photo
Sun 02/25/18 12:58 AM

We all have our dreams of how we would like our lives to be ..very few realize those dreams..Life has a way of throwing curve balls ..just remember to duck...smile2

Hihihihi
That's true mate. As in my case .... I prefer to take it the way it comes. You cannot prevent life from happening so instead of ducking just keep a net to catch those balls and inspect it. :wink:

no photo
Sun 02/25/18 12:56 AM

just the true love part is foolish... The rest can be done by just talking...

That is suppose depends on individualistic opinions.

no photo
Sun 02/25/18 12:55 AM

A couple of basic thoughts on this.

One, it's a mistake to "expect" anything. When you "expect" things, you close your eyes to what you are being offered. You learn little or nothing about alternatives. This is why many people who "expect" things, so often find that they don't really appreciate or enjoy feeling grateful when they get them.

Another, is that there is a dark side to this particular kind of goal, which most of the people who pursue it, don't realize until it's far too late. That is, that in order to have someone "service" you in this kind of way, you have to think that your relationship is based on buying and selling things to and from each other. Not on mutual love or respect. That often carries with it, the danger that the person on the receiving end of all the largess and support, will come to think of the person providing for them, either as a fool, or as a sort of jailer, since they will be entirely dependent on them at all times.

Tut tut
I would like to point out again. It's true love which I am indicating towards. And not only love .... just take up any relationship.... Are they not give and take?
But yeah when two persons want to have a genuine relationship both have to be into the exchange

no photo
Sun 02/25/18 12:48 AM
Edited by yana39roy on Sun 02/25/18 12:50 AM

What about the man? You seem to be only concerned with yoir needs... thats why I say its where you come from. In your land maybe, this is all men are good for???

Hey....
Thank you for taking the time out to point out your prejudices on this topic.
But I think , the culture from where you hail is a bit judgemental and directly relates any possible aspect (especially negative) to a person without thinking twice like an uneducated being. Or even better; maybe all the males in your country are good for the same. But believe me one's thinking can be contradictory at times.
The question posted here is a topic on which you are to post your views not judgements on the person who posts it.

no photo
Tue 02/20/18 03:43 PM

When the Gods get angry on the Earth inhabitants; thunderstorm comes . What happens when the Gods get dysentry issue ?

I do think the word god is here is not being used in a religious way but from a Greek mythological sense. You made me remember the hilarious movie called the gods must be crazy lol that one was unforgettable to me coz I needed to change my diapers after seeing it rofl now back to the topic , I wonder which of the gods will have tummy trouble and would the other gods mind cleaning up after him :laughing: thanks for making me laugh dear flowers

Hihihi.... Glad I could cheer you up :laughing:

no photo
Mon 02/19/18 12:51 AM

When the Gods get angry on the Earth inhabitants; thunderstorm comes . What happens when the Gods get dysentry issue ?

All the religious people here please forgive my twisted sense of humour, but seems to me that He's already got a serious one .. we just used to call it a Global Warming.
Even God ain't capable to digest all the crap we've created on Earth

Loved this one :wink:

no photo
Mon 02/19/18 12:50 AM

Yama .waving .you are envisaging gods as human .. how do you even know they defecate ????

Blondy. ... if I would have known I wouldn't have put a question mark there :laughing:

no photo
Mon 02/19/18 12:48 AM

There is a general religion forum here amd specific religion forums for this, even though it is a bit disgusting.

I think this was meant to be seen as funny & not a serious religious topic! I seriously doubt the poster thinks thunderstorms happens when "the gods get angry"! laugh

YOU TOOK THE WORDS OUT OF MY MOUTH

no photo
Sun 02/18/18 08:39 AM

no photo
Sat 02/17/18 10:47 AM

Many people don't know what love is or what commitment is.

Totally agree to it

no photo
Sat 02/17/18 02:35 AM
Edited by yana39roy on Sat 02/17/18 02:36 AM

Can I call this situation a Bucket Of Icecream?
Or a mutual agreement base on what I want and what she wants
I'm sure this situation could be a mutual benefit for both
I have been there a few times, It's my karma, but I had enyoed it a lot
Is not true that we deserve something for us?
At this point of my life I'm sure love does not exist, it's a creation of our deepest desires.
It's very possible I'm going to settle an agreement, She wants to finish her carrer and work at the same time, and I want to have a partner for as long as it last. In the time for starting to the end, I will enjoy her, and she's going to complete her tasks.
Is not like living with some I think I love??, I will still paying the bills (Exactly like now and add to the budget her expenses, school, etc, etc) and I will get a benefit or been with someone (had the sex I want, when I want, the way I want) who doesn't love me but wants to keep me enfatuated until her goals are completed.
There is chance 50/50% we could get emotionally involved (let's say in love) and cotinue living together ans set and other parameters for the years to come.
I forgot to mention, I still want to have more kids, she's very young , healthy in reproductive age
What else?,

What dou you Thnki?
Am I to practical or pragmatic?
Am I to sinic?
Am I to crazy?
Am I to fool?
Or I saw the life just the way It is?

I'v been separated for almost two years, and that was not a pain o suffer at at all, It was easy to close that chapter of my life

Well.... Too thoughtful a message... But then I have hardly been in your shoes and nor have I gone through your share of life.
For me personally I would prefer to fall in love with a man before even letting him buy me a petty gift. Thankfully according to the human anatomy I have two hands two eyes mouth tounge feet which are capable enough to earn a living. But to be very true I am personally the sort of person who wants a man to take care of his woman in all aspects. That's the sort of relationship I have grown up watching.
I don't say the lady has to depend completely on the male , both have to strive to be something in this world. And what I know till now is that it doesn't come until you are deeply in love and it is reciprocated in the same frequency too.

no photo
Fri 02/16/18 07:25 PM

Previous 1