actionlynx's photo
Sat 11/24/18 06:13 PM

actionlynx's photo
Sat 11/24/18 06:09 PM
Checkin' in for the win tongue2

actionlynx's photo
Fri 11/23/18 09:58 PM
Still feeling oddly restless.

Wish I knew why. This only happens a few times per year, and never lasts for very long. One thing I do know is that it's causing me to not want to spend more than a few minutes at a time on Mingle. So I keep bouncing in and out.

actionlynx's photo
Fri 11/23/18 08:53 PM

actionlynx's photo
Fri 11/23/18 08:53 PM
Time to celebrate
Without taking for granted
Warmth, friends, family...

actionlynx's photo
Fri 11/23/18 08:07 PM
Edited by actionlynx on Fri 11/23/18 08:10 PM
Thinking....I got my car!

actionlynx's photo
Fri 11/23/18 08:01 PM

The very nature of what happens to the mentally ill, makes them not want to seek help, even though, they do want to seek help. What I mean is, they know what will happen. They will be locked up, labeled and drugged. Most probably the label and drug will be for life. Who wants that? . This chemical unbalance thingy, is a myth, perpetuated by drug companies to make money. If it were so, it could be proven with scans.
Having psychosis and such is bad enough, without all of that. There is a theory, that people who suffer psychosis are in fact healers, going through a sort of spiritual awakening. By drugging them we prevent them from ever being healed. That not only harms them, but society as a whole.
Jesus, Mohammed, and anyone who was getting divine messages, to hopefully help humanity, would be locked up and drugged.
What is a shaman? Someone who is mentally Ill, who needs a label and a drug? I think not.
Shrinks spin a web, companies peddle wares. 'Normality' is resumed. Be productive, work 9 to 5. Keep your head down. Don't rock the boat. Don't ask questions, even though we encourage questions. Swallow the liberty kool aid.
I don't know, its all just a bunch of b.s. to me.
:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil: thou shalt not pass

R2D2...

I understand your own problems, and I've known people who feel as you do. The problem is that you are falling prey to what is known as "confirmation bias".

I used to think very little of psychiatrists and psychologists myself. I used to run circles around them, then wonder why they were so useless. So what changed?

Well, first off, I began having panic attacks. That forced me to admit there was a problem.

Secondly, I began educating myself. Of course, I had an advantage: I already had good instincts about how the mind works and why people behave the way they do. I looked at actual science and research.

A lot of old school psychology did not follow empirical methods. There was too much guesswork....and confirmation bias. Supposition based on observation rather than science and thorough documentation.

As for your own confirmation bias, you are wrong about the chemicals showing up in scans. BUT you aren't entirely wrong either. The chemicals should show up in other tests, like blood work. Scans typically show electro-chemical impulses, but they cannot show whether a lack of electrical activity is due to a chemical deficiency. On the other hand, blood work cannot show concentrations of brain chemicals in various parts of the part. They can only show a generalized concentration throughout the bloodstream.

So you are right to have doubts about meds which are supposed to correct chemical deficiencies. The science just isn't there.

But there are meds whose effects actually can be tracked via brain scans. In controlled tests, introducing certain drugs then running scans can show whether or not the drug boosts activity in key areas of the brain. It's not detecting the chemical but the change prompted by the drug.

That said, there are still some holes that research has yet to fill. But now I'm digressing...

In your case, your experience causes you accept certain views or misinformation as fact, just because it aligns with your own personal experience. But that does not mean it is true.

You're actually a pretty intelligent guy. That's why I'm mentioning this.

And I'm not saying you're entirely wrong either. Instead, what I see is that you're exaggerating the things that you want to believe, making them more important or more grandiose than they are in reality. If you pay attention to what Tom has been saying, he's effectively telling you the same thing.

I will say this though...
If there are still people being treated as you've experienced, then that is disgraceful in this day and age. They should lose their licenses, and be barred for life from practicing. I'm not talking about just pushing pills. I'm talking about the overall treatment of patients on all levels. If they are that bad - that insensitive and apathetic - then they need to be removed from the field of treatment altogether.

Thankfully, my experience - both personally and observationally - has not been the same as yours, even though I am very aware that your experience was once much more prevalent here in the U.S. than it is now.

actionlynx's photo
Fri 11/23/18 05:28 PM
Kanye Diggitt

actionlynx's photo
Fri 11/23/18 05:27 PM

actionlynx's photo
Fri 11/23/18 05:26 PM
What if I said as soon as I finish the cooking?

actionlynx's photo
Fri 11/23/18 05:19 PM
Thinking, "Why are my regular threads so mixed up? Those aren't the threads I've posted in most recently!"

spock

actionlynx's photo
Fri 11/23/18 05:15 PM

laugh shake that tushy babylove

Grrrrr @ CG meme
Action slid in-betweengrumble

tongue2

actionlynx's photo
Fri 11/23/18 05:14 PM
What if I wanted some venison sausage?

actionlynx's photo
Fri 11/23/18 04:59 PM

actionlynx's photo
Fri 11/23/18 09:15 AM

actionlynx's photo
Fri 11/23/18 06:49 AM
Okay, you ladies are having too much fun in here.

actionlynx's photo
Thu 11/22/18 05:39 PM
Howie Dune Safar

actionlynx's photo
Thu 11/22/18 05:36 PM
Edited by actionlynx on Thu 11/22/18 05:36 PM
If I did that, then I couldn't say that you're da bomb. tongue2 laugh

actionlynx's photo
Thu 11/22/18 05:05 PM
huh

actionlynx's photo
Thu 11/22/18 04:15 PM