Community > Posts By > smiless

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 01:24 PM
slaphead rofl

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 01:20 PM
I would ask "Why" after each answer the designer of everything gives us to perhaps attain the most knowledge we can possibily get to know all the answers we have been asking for thousands of years.

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 01:15 PM
Naturalism is naturally naturilstic in its natural environment that is naturally nature based from natural lifestyle of naturalistic nature's doing. bigsmile drinker

That is how we knowlaugh

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 01:14 PM

How do we really know that we arent actually minute particles living in a huge toilet?

Well I hope that we are part of an abandoned and unused toilete at the moment. laugh

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 01:12 PM
Very true. A big problem and a good videodrinker

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 01:07 PM
The Evidence for a Designer. This unique masterminded question from Creativesoul has many people pondering and wondering that has extended to a second round of discussion.

Yes folks step right up and choose your flavor that best suits you.

For under $10 you can get the right answers to this phenomenal question that everyone certainly believes they have the answer for.

And if you don’t have a answer you certainly have a philosophy going that makes your mind feel comfortable with.

Okay come closer! I have for you for a special

Let me just research and figure it on my own special for only $9.95!

Then we have the Aliens created us and if we knew more about them then we would know more about how a possible design took place for only $9.65!

Then we have the scientific evidence of those who believe to have the answer for only $9.95!

Then we have those who say it is all but a delusion to believe in the supernatural of Gods and religions for only $9.95!

Some are contempt to believe everything started from nothing for only $9.00!

Then we must not forget that very many believe an actual identity created everything. A god of somekind for only $9.95!

More products will be available soon for a special price! Now visit us soon for you never know what might be happening in your side of the world!

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 12:37 PM
If this is true then justice has to be served. I hope those responsible for trying to hurt innocent lives will get punished or those planning to. drinker

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 12:35 PM
Metalwing mentioned:

I think we should rename this thread "Smiless toilet view of the universe". It just works on so many levels. Dark matter swirling around the galaxies, stars swirling around the gigantic black hole, .... one has only to sit on a toilet to imagine a big bang.

This had me laughing that I spilled my coffee all over my keyboard. I really need to control my laughing don't Ilaugh drinker

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 12:31 PM

Do you often have yourself doing this when discussing philosophy or science in these forums?laugh

What is he doing, taking a crap? LOL

It is called the flushing syndrom that I started in the "Blackhole" thread. laugh

I bet many of the greatest thinkers in the world got their best idealogies out while taking a crap. They simply shouted "Eureka!" By gone darn it, I got it!laugh

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 12:07 PM
Well even the "Thinker" often contemplated such hard and difficult topics on a toilete seat. Perhaps he wasn't on a toilete seat, but nevertheless he was thinking!laugh

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 12:05 PM
Do you often have yourself doing this when discussing philosophy or science in these forums?laugh

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 11:59 AM
Edited by smiless on Fri 11/13/09 12:00 PM

hahahaha his speeches were tortuous. I really felt for him when he tried to give speeches

if we're grading him, domestically I'd give him a "D" or so. He had a crappy rapport with the people

and a small footnote. Kuwait wasn't really a part of Iraq. Iraq itself never existed before the breakup of the Turkish Ottoman Empire. they were just provinces of it. As were Jordan, Saudi, and the UAE.

When the British and the Arabs defeated Turks, the land that is now Saudi was promised to to the sons of (crap, I can't remember his name. I'll google it later) BUT Ibn Saud beat them to it and held it as a united Arabia. So the sons got combined Ottoman provinces and named em TransJordan (now just Jordan) and Iraq with Kuwait as a small reward for the Emir there

The British Palestinian Mandate called for Palestine to be partitioned between the repatriated Jews and the local Arabs (there is no such thing as an ethnic Palestinian) From what I've read in the beginning, the local Palestinian Arabs had no problem with sharing the land with the Jewish settlers. The Jews worked their azzes off irrigating and clearing and draining swamps and planting trees and vineyards and made the region a MUCH more desirable place to live

I've seen some historical thesis presenting evidence that HItler was covertly pouring money and influence into the Arab leadership at the time. It is accepted that the Baath Party in Iraq was Pro-Nazi

oh sorry i'm rambling haha

Historically you are correct, but explain that to Saddam Hussein at the time who believed that Kuwait was part of Iraq historically. He had a different opinion on this.

In the end, I hope that America will rebound itself and find a better way to conduct foreign policies to ensure trust around the world, for if America doesn't start now, then it will see how many nations will create businesses and political ties without the US.

I too am but a simple man who wishes only peace in this world. A wish that most people want, but many don't understand or believe it can ever happen.

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 11:19 AM

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 11:04 AM
Well I feel for the Muslims. I am no Muslim for I think it is no better then a Christian. They both try to make you feel guilty for not joining their belief system, yet the Muslims who truly are just trying to live a life in peace are always going to be looked upon like terrorists and seen as awkward and wrong when they have their mosques built, especially here in America.

Now if the members of these particular mosques are truly funding money to help finance nuclear bombs in Iran then they should get a punishment. Although Iran has indicated many times it is not creating bombs but using the plants to create electricty for its people. The problem is the US doesn't believe them.

Now if this is just another way that the government is trying to freeze assets from going to Iran for business or family members that has nothing to do with the (supposingly) Nuclear Missile creations then that is wrong from this government.

All I can say is it is a bad time to be a Muslim in the United States. You will always be watched like vultures on every move you do. What ashame that this country that is supposingly representing freedom for all is truly not the case. There is more prejudice, racism, hatred, superstition, and violence in this country then most countries can even start with.

I just hope that those that are accussed are truly going to get a fair trial and not be condemned for crimes that can't be proven.

no photo
Fri 11/13/09 09:56 AM
Edited by smiless on Fri 11/13/09 10:25 AM

What would have happened to the United States economically and politically if President Bush didn't send any troops to Afghanistan or Iraq? That would be interesting to know.

That is a kinda interesting what if

If Saddam had stayed in power? sooner or later he would have retaken Kuwait. He wanted it so bad he was foaming at the mouth. Saddam had an illusion of making Iraq the seat of Islam excpet he was too secular and concerned only with power.

Most likely we would have seen a war between Iraq and Saudi

In Aghanistan, if the Taliban had stayed in power it prolly would have spread to Pakistan and Tajikstan and we prolly would have seen Iran, Pakistan, and Afghanistan merge into a great Islamic Republic. Which in and of itself wouldnt be a bad thing but the Wahabis would have had the power and influence to enforce their brand of sharia on most all of Islam

and in the end long run I suspect we would have wound up with a world wide religious war

It seems to me that the people of these countries want to have a Islamic Republic. Many wish to be Muslims and believe this is the way of life. These internal conflicts in the Middle East have been going on for thousands of years. I find it amusing that the United States had to get involved. Perhaps the US should have worried more about its own problems.

There are many reasons why the Middle East as of alot of countries are not happy with the way the United States conducts its business let alone get involved into their affairs.

It started back in the 50's when the US got involved in the Middle East and it never stopped there. You guys got yourself in a bad trap and it looks like it won't end because the people of this country and its government believe they need to be over there creating democracies and setting up order.

I don't see the US mingling with China after they took Tibet as of alot of other countries that have done their own decisions without the US mingling with them.

Saddam Hussein mentioned that Kuwait is a part of Iraq historically. So in their view they are just reclaiming what is theirs in the beginning. Of course we will see mixed emotions on that.

I don't believe he would have taken Saudia Arabia. That is something the United States convinced the Monarchy to have reason to put bases on Saudi Arabian soil. The administration had alot of business over there and they wanted to secure it at the time. This of course was a big mistake because many Muslims don't want "infidels" on their land. Their history has shown that "crusades" and they don't want that to happen again.

The Prince and his Taliban was revealed as a hero in Saudi Arabia and asked his father to fight the Iraqi's if they choose to invade Kuwait. He mentioned that he doesn't want infidels on holy soil. His father denied this and that is where discouragement settled. The Taliban as of the Al'Qaeda have their reasons why they don't want Western influence in the lands that have existed for a long time. Why can't we as Americans respect that. If we did we wouldn't have 5000 soldiers dead and over 36,000 terribly injured, and over 33% of the Army suffering Post Dramatic Depression. On top of that we have put ourselves in a debt that will be most difficult to repay if we don't come up with better business solutions in attaining wealth to restablize the economy. Our children will suffer the consequences for trying to fix an economy that shouldn't have happened. I don't blame only this war but also how banks conducted business with the people out of "greed" to attain quicker wealth as of various "corporations".

Trust me if the Middle East was more technologically advanced they wouldn't have allowed the US to interfere with their affairs. They would retailate alot more not allowing the US to determine the fate of a country that has existed many thousands of years before the US was even a country.

I also believe that Israel truly has a big influence in the United States decisions in the Middle East. I think the world powers at the time who agreed to create a Israel should have asked the neighboring countries if it is okay to do that. Obviously they cared less about how they felt and did it anyway. Today many of the Islamic countries are unhappy with this movement and country establishment that they still show it in this time and age. It seems since the more popular vote is amongst superpowers everyone jumps the bandwagen and agrees, instead of sitting down and recollecting history and thinking why didn't they even try to negotiate with these countries about the Zionist movement.

So yes Quietman it is a religious war for Islam use their religion and intergrate with their laws in many ways. The United States tries to tolerate religion, but Presidents sometimes still use religion as a reason to go to war.

I am sure "Axis of Evil" is not something I want to hear from a foreign country just because I am North Korean, Chinese, Iraqi, or any country that doesn't have the exact same laws as the US or the same idealogy that they want to enforce into other countries. Who is the US to tell the world how to be? It is time Americans to understand that your role is to communicate and work together with countries in peace and those countries that have problems need to work them out themselves or you will see an America that started out good, but ended up bad because they were to stubborn to listen.

Good luck on trying to recover a damaged economy and a political mishap because many countries are trying their best to help the US with large amounts of loans and credits including those countries that the Americans are so skeptical about. China being one of the biggest loaners at the moment.

Concerning the other things Bush did as for example helping Africans with the Aids Epidemic. One has to look at the reason why he did it. Yes to help with medical attention, but at what price. Most of Africa is being converted to Christianity because of this movement. Again religion has a big part of this foundation Bush is doing. It looks good, but one has to go deeper in understanding the real reason. I believe that Africans should be allowed to choose their own religion or faith and not only receive service if they baptize themselves to become Christians. You don't believe it! Research it.

Of course this will be denied by alot of Americans, but search deeper and you will see the reason. America has a huge Christian population so such funding was possible to help Africans with their problem. I blame the European nations as of China and the US for raping the resources from the Africans in the first place. They simply go to a continent (acting like they are going to help) claiming they are helping the country through loans. When loans can't be paid off they take the resources and take advantage of slave labor work prices to get their goods. These loans burdened by high interest that the country could never pay back with its best efforts leaving no other choice but to agree to the terms the superpower country asks for. Then these superpowers come down and give hope by giving them medicine and clothes and converting hopeless poor people into a religion ensuring better times. The nature of the human mind is predominately greedy (some less some more) and they will do whatever to gain the upperhand. Well Africa got raped big time and in the end the superpowers are making sure it will never get on its feet again unless they do exactly what they tell them to do.

As a Red Cross worker for over 15 years, I understand a valuable lesson from my trips to Africa. To truly help someone is to not ask for anything else back but a hand shake and a smile. Now that is helping and not the methods superpowers are doing by creating more debt in the country.

I also believe the No Left Behind Act, which was created by Bush, was always underfunded and never truly helped any American Schools. This is saddening for many students (children) will not get proper education for they don't have the technology, material, enthusiastic teachers, and help required to be prepared for the world. Of course parents play a big role, but do you truly expect a parent who didn't get a proper education to help their children?? Look at statistics on math and science and you will see how far behind the US is to many countries.

In the end I give Bush a "D" for his efforts. A "F" for his policies. A "F" for his speeches that really destroyed his career and trust throughout the world.

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 10:22 PM
What would have happened to the United States economically and politically if President Bush didn't send any troops to Afghanistan or Iraq? That would be interesting to know.

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 06:17 PM
That is the flag of Ingushetiadrinker

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 05:42 PM

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 04:37 PM
Less than 12 parsecs? Sheesh that is nothing!

Mine the Millenium Stellar Warhawk goes under 9 parsecs!drinker

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 04:34 PM
Do you think it will ever happen?

That Martian’s or a different intelligent life will visit our planet without disguise, without fearing how they look, and showing that they come here to visit us to share technology and be in peace?

Will they instead destroy us?

What do you believe to be true?

What scientific discovery do you think they will share with us?
What philosophies will they share if they choose to?
What answers do you think they will give us?

Or do you think they will come to destroy us like many humans believe?

Tell me your story!

Or do you think it will never happen and we are all that there is.

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25